Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Calling all ponders with pets...

sheepco
17 years ago

You know my Golden Retriever is obsessed with the fish... (3 hours last night and she never moved, sigh)

Here's a challenge - a friendly contest for this coming winter, when 3/4 of us are bored with snow and ice, and the other 1/4 are bored with palm trees and flowers (I don't get that but what can I say).

Start now, photo your obsessive/complusive pets involved in their most O/C behavior (it's summer, everything is pretty). Post those pictures LATER...we can have a pond related catagory and a non-pond related category. All pets welcome! We'll select a couple judges (or me, my idea), and we'll have a giggle or 3 this winter.

Might even come up with a prize!

DON"T POST PICTURES NOW...SAVE THEM FOR THIS WINTER WHEN WE NEEEDDD A LAUGH!!!!!

Sarah

Comments (14)

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

That is an excellent idea, Sarah.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Oooo, GREAT idea, I agree! Although, I don't think my lazy, food-obsessed kitty could compete with your poor Goldie with a goldie fetish! :D

Here, kitty kitty.

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

brenda, i just have to share the mental image i recieved upon reading your "here kitty, kitty." don' ask me why. here is brenda, bending over with an extremely suspicious facial expression. kitty is hiding under the bed mumbling expletives. :)

great idea sarah!

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL ftm, I can see that!

Brenda, I can understand the food obsession - I've got a Corgi that starts to grumble and herd people to the food 'place' at 4pm SHARP every day. He's always fed at 5pm (cause that's as long as we can take it). He's been fed 2 meals a day all his life but still complains like he hasn't eaten in weeks! He'd eat a 25# bag in one sitting if you let him. Can't wait to see your pix this winter :)

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Does that include raccoons and suet?????

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! "Herding" people to the mess hall! I can imagine the little man doing that.

I was picturing the same thing, FTM! She's suspicious as it is. :D

Brenda

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, raccoons and suet - love those pix and she is OBSESSED!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

is it time yet? it is awfully cold out there (probably 10 degrees last night, so cold it was setting off alarms , and @ 2 feet of snow after having 60's the week prior).

wow, 09 pages of conversations!

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

My rescue kitties, obsessed with aquarium - have pics. Gretchen, obsessed with rescue kitties. Have pics.

One of these days I'll have time to download for future use. And to speak in complete sentences.

:) Mary
    *are kitties obsessed or posessed?*

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

mary, kitties will never be "possessed," they are the ones doing the "possession" therefore exorcism conducted for a feline will not work :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL I can vouch for the failed exorcism part. I haven't tried it yet (ok, I don't think I ever will...), but I've heard that water (not specifically holy) will do wonders to exorcise some kitties. Sprayed, hosed, flung....any will do. LOL

Wish I could learn to speak "shorter", Mary. :D

I can't wait for pics!!!

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Well, they thought the spray was fun and interesting, but it didn't do much in the way of keeping them away from dinner preparations... Maybe I should try it on darling granddaughter (13 months) to keep her out of Gretchen's food during dinner preparations? Or on darling grandson (almost 3) to keep him out of the kitchen cabinets/off the counter/away from the toilet paper/the remote/the computer keyboard/the permanent marker/the guitar/the guitar book/the... the... the... ?

Hmmm... interesting idea...

:) Mary
    *obviously it's naptime, since I am on the computer undisturbed*
    *me, "undisturbed", heehee*

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yup, it's definately time kids! See new post...It's heeerre...

Mary, hydrotherapy is good for most disorders, unless it's -5F :)

Photo up!!!!
    S

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL Yeah, Mary, forget pets (well, not really, but...). We got DGS his first tricycle for Christmas (shhhh...), and he's not even 2 yet! A Radio Flyer with tassles and a nifty bell. I have a feeling that the bell will go missing before the end of January.

Where's the water bottle? LOL

Brenda

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!