Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling all ponders with pets...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 1, 06 at 23:27

You know my Golden Retriever is obsessed with the fish... (3 hours last night and she never moved, sigh)

Here's a challenge - a friendly contest for this coming winter, when 3/4 of us are bored with snow and ice, and the other 1/4 are bored with palm trees and flowers (I don't get that but what can I say).

Start now, photo your obsessive/complusive pets involved in their most O/C behavior (it's summer, everything is pretty). Post those pictures LATER...we can have a pond related catagory and a non-pond related category. All pets welcome! We'll select a couple judges (or me, my idea), and we'll have a giggle or 3 this winter.
Might even come up with a prize!

DON"T POST PICTURES NOW...SAVE THEM FOR THIS WINTER WHEN WE NEEEDDD A LAUGH!!!!!

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling all ponders with pets...

That is an excellent idea, Sarah.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 11:02

Oooo, GREAT idea, I agree! Although, I don't think my lazy, food-obsessed kitty could compete with your poor Goldie with a goldie fetish! :D

Here, kitty kitty.

Brenda

o

brenda, i just have to share the mental image i recieved upon reading your "here kitty, kitty." don' ask me why. here is brenda, bending over with an extremely suspicious facial expression. kitty is hiding under the bed mumbling expletives. :)

great idea sarah!

o

LOL ftm, I can see that!

Brenda, I can understand the food obsession - I've got a Corgi that starts to grumble and herd people to the food 'place' at 4pm SHARP every day. He's always fed at 5pm (cause that's as long as we can take it). He's been fed 2 meals a day all his life but still complains like he hasn't eaten in weeks! He'd eat a 25# bag in one sitting if you let him. Can't wait to see your pix this winter :)

o

Does that include raccoons and suet?????

o

Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 10:30

LOL!! "Herding" people to the mess hall! I can imagine the little man doing that.

I was picturing the same thing, FTM! She's suspicious as it is. :D

Brenda

o

Yes, raccoons and suet - love those pix and she is OBSESSED!

o

is it time yet? it is awfully cold out there (probably 10 degrees last night, so cold it was setting off alarms , and @ 2 feet of snow after having 60's the week prior).

wow, 09 pages of conversations!

o

My rescue kitties, obsessed with aquarium - have pics. Gretchen, obsessed with rescue kitties. Have pics.

One of these days I'll have time to download for future use. And to speak in complete sentences.

:) Mary
*are kitties obsessed or posessed?*

o

mary, kitties will never be "possessed," they are the ones doing the "possession" therefore exorcism conducted for a feline will not work :)

o

Tue, Dec 5, 06 at 10:28

LOL I can vouch for the failed exorcism part. I haven't tried it yet (ok, I don't think I ever will...), but I've heard that water (not specifically holy) will do wonders to exorcise some kitties. Sprayed, hosed, flung....any will do. LOL

Wish I could learn to speak "shorter", Mary. :D

I can't wait for pics!!!

Brenda

o

Well, they thought the spray was fun and interesting, but it didn't do much in the way of keeping them away from dinner preparations... Maybe I should try it on darling granddaughter (13 months) to keep her out of Gretchen's food during dinner preparations? Or on darling grandson (almost 3) to keep him out of the kitchen cabinets/off the counter/away from the toilet paper/the remote/the computer keyboard/the permanent marker/the guitar/the guitar book/the... the... the... ?

Hmmm... interesting idea...

:) Mary
*obviously it's naptime, since I am on the computer undisturbed*
*me, "undisturbed", heehee*

o

Yup, it's definately time kids! See new post...It's heeerre...

Mary, hydrotherapy is good for most disorders, unless it's -5F :)

Photo up!!!!
S

o

Fri, Dec 8, 06 at 13:05

LOL Yeah, Mary, forget pets (well, not really, but...). We got DGS his first tricycle for Christmas (shhhh...), and he's not even 2 yet! A Radio Flyer with tassles and a nifty bell. I have a feeling that the bell will go missing before the end of January.

Where's the water bottle? LOL

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here