Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by fairy_toadmother z5 ncentral il (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 2:14

ok, so i really do try to leave nature to itself. THEN, someone comes along and annihilates their little micro bioscape.

i had been montoring 4 separate areas/puddles with tadpoles. one was along the road and 3 were on dirt trails. they weren't even close to drying up, surprisingly. today, the one along the road had been scooped out and spread. i assume to get it to dry out! *insert major cuss words here*

two areas, which really equal four b/c they were deep tire ruts, were driven through. come on, i straddle the ***** things. one was so deep i hope they bottomed out, but not likely.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 11:42

It's the Evil Toad Witch of the West, FTM!

Hey, you could buy little, blank yard signs and write something like "Careful, Wet Toads!" on them. Then place them in strategic areas. It can't hurt, I guess. :(

Brenda

o

Oh Brenda, not a bad idea! Really Fairy, as long as you don't create a road hazard and get fined! You could place something on the trails at least, if not a sign, so they have to go around?
It's unbelievable how many people are oblivious to these things or just don't care.

o

I'm sorry it got torn up by stupid people! PJ

o

Hey!! How did that cone get there............

o

....with a huge area surrounded with yellow CRIME SCENE tape...

DESIGNATED AMPHIBIAN SANCTUARY

HUMANS KEEP OUT !

o

How about a NO TRESPASSING sign???

o

How about a bunch of thick roofing nails, points up? LOL

o

lol, brenda. i know! radiation signs!!!

ooo, i like your idea chicka and i am of course very partial to andrea's idea :) i could get my hands on some crime scene tape and after the nails set in, it would be proper.

no trespassing wouldn't work since the ones who did this were supposed to be there :( some of them work there, also. just oblivious jerks who think nothing of the little people, even of their existence.

i can find lots of cones, too. but too late :( i will try to remember these ideas for next year.

o

Ahhhh, no taddies left? :(

o

no poo, they were annihilated :(

there is one more puddle that they should be safe in if it doesn't dry up.

o

oh the irony of it all....

after a couple good rains, that large puddle that water was scooped and spread from is filled back in. so, all hat was accomplished was amphibious death.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here