Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
July 4, 2008

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 7:51

Despite corrupt or foolish politicians, the $4.15 gasoline, the rise in grocery prices and too many young people spent in a war that has hurt our hearts and souls, we still live in the best country in the world. We can vote out the politicians, waste less gas, eat less and exercise more. We can dig out the corruption and greed that costs us pride, even more than money. We can find a way to bring our soldiers home with honor and dignity. We can take care of those who have been broken in service to us and be strong for those left behind by the ones who paid the highest price. They need us and we can do that.
We can't expect everyone to love our country, but we can love what is good about our country: our people and the freedoms that we cannot and will not lose to enemies who offer nothing in return. I hope you had a marvelous 4th of July, and that you spared a thought or two about all that it means beyond all the noise and bustle of the holiday. Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: July 4, 2008

Thank you Sandy!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 10:14

Wow, Sandy, you really have a way with words, girl! Beautifully said!

All that is good about our country was foremost in my mind yesterday. Then I turned on the radio and heard Ray Charles belting out the most incredible (in my opinion) rendition of "America the Beautiful," and my heart swelled enough to make my eyes leak. Amen, Mr. Charles.

Brenda

o

Oooorah Cindy.

FWIW, our enemies DO indeed offer plenty in return; Just nothing commendable. Thus one of the reasons for this relentless war on terror.

Hope everyone had an outstanding and safe Julius IV, MMVIII.

-Mario

o

I didn't get a chance to post this on Independance Day but it really doesn't matter what day you watch it. My thoughts are always with our soldiers and their families, and my prayers for those who didn't come home.

Here is a link that might be useful: God bless our soldiers

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 10, 08 at 10:01

I sometimes complain that things take too long to download using dial-up. This was definitely worth the wait.

Thank you, Bonz. That was SO beautiful! *sniffle*

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here