Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
semper_fi

You just gotta love it...

semper_fi
17 years ago

I see that the "Support Our Troops" thread which was chalk full of positive and helpful information has now vanished from the forum. No doubt because someone complained because her STUPID and inappropriate comments were not welcomed in such a thread and as always, instead of using good judgement, the iVillage cronies once again bowed to such ridiculous demands to the dismay of many just to appease to a single disingenuous individual . How lovely is that?! And all this on the weekend when we are celebrating our freedom, nonetheless.

I think it might be time to find a new hobby. See ya.

Comments (8)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

semper, semper, semper! so we start a new one! persevere-isn't that was our forefathers did and partly why we celebrate?

i certainly understand your disappointment.
    9trying to find a link but i don't have time)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

I hope you reconsider, Mark. It's one of those "Life 101" things we can't avoid. Have a safe and proud July 4 and sign back on soon. I'm sure someone has saved those addresses and links but the other fence sitters like me need some one like you to remind us where our thoughts and efforts should be.
    I was too tired last night to go over some of the new info and hope it will get posted again. I get very tired of some of the stuff that passes for news from Iraq. We should know that anything that can be twisted is going to be the lead. I think it is called disinformation or the newer term 'spin'. By the time we get the real story there is a new onslaught of accusations and half truths.
    What should we name the new thread? Sandy

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Well alrighty then; let's concentrate on celebrating this great nation and salute all those past and present who have fought for and appreciate her!!!
    TO THOSE...HAPPY 4th OF JULY

Here is a link that might be useful: Glory to our beautiful nation

• jeanner
    17 years ago

I'm not sure what happened as I have been hit-or-miss here lately but whatever happened is not worth losing our beloved Semper Fi. Semper, just seeing your membername is a reminder to me to support our troops and have pride in our country. What would we ever do without you? Take a break if you need to but please don't forget us - we'll be "holding down the fort" as best we can.

Here is what I was able to salvage of the lost thread, it is up to 6/25. If I get booted because of this, then so be it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Support our troops

• youreit
    17 years ago

First of all, Jean, thank you SO MUCH!! The links that remained from the Google cache are the important ones, too.

I received a "gentle reminder" from the lovely folks here at iPillage that I wasn't to post anything about religion or politics. Funny, I don't recall posting any such thing on the Support Our Troops thread. I do recall someone who DID, though, and more than likely, that's why our thread was terminated.

Thank you, Naysayer. You not only had to decry our thread (yes, "ours", because no on-topic links were contributed by you before, or AFTER, the stuff that finally got it booted), but you had to report it for your own violations and ruin it for the rest of us. It's people like you that made me find a "home" here on the Ponds thread to begin with, away from other places here at GW that are filled with people like you.

I want to apologize to the wonderful friends I've made on here who have friends or family in the military. I'm sorry for posting something that got the rest of the good stuff deleted. If I could take it back, I would. Until then, I'll continue to support the men and women of our great U.S. of A. who fight for our (uncensored) freedom.

If I get sent to the land of Mickey, I'll be back, so you better, too, Fig eye!!! :)

Ok, on to the new thread.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Brenda, the reason for an apology is to acknowledge when one has done something wrong. YOU did NOTHING wrong!

Semper, the decision to delete the thread was no doubt done after much long and hard logical debate over the water cooler. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Pardon me while I touch up my topiary.

{{gwi:165216}}

Mike

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! Thanks for sharing the artwork, Mike! That made my day. :)

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Brenda, there's no need for you or any one of "us" to apologize when someone else invaded a positive thread with negativaty. Some of us, including myself reacted in defense of to what we believe in.
    It's a good time to look thru the trees and see the forest.
    All is well! :)