Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

How many believe in spirits?????

koijoyii
17 years ago

Don't know how many of you believe in spirits, but I was trying to get a picture of my hummingbird at the feeder (close to 9 p.m.) for my sister. We have this competition going on. Another story, for another time. I was using a disposable camera and hummingbirds being so darn "flighty" my finger got sore from pushing the flash button. Wouldn't you know as soon as the flash light went off the hummer arrived. When I got the pictures developed there is what looks like a spirit deer looking in my living room window. I have heard that spirits appear to those who are "open minded". Named the spirit deer Gus. Don't know why, but I can feel him around my pond when I'm outside. Looks like a him with antlers. Talk to Gus all the time. You know what they say, "If you build it, they will come."

Here is the pic. Hope you can see Gus in it. He is in the bottom right of the pic.

{{gwi:170674}}

Photo property of koijoyII, not property of the Garden Web.

When I moved into the house I could feel a presence and knew there was someone/something else in the house. The day we got the key we were bringing boxes in the house. On the way out the door for more boxes the door slammed on my heel, knocked me off the step and we were locked out. Both my daughter and I had put our keys on the counter to free our hands to carry stuff in. My son had to come over on his way to work to let us in. I had cupboards left open. Chairs moved around in my kitchen. Heard babies crying. Walking around upstairs when I was the only one home. On occassion the gate would be open in the morning. The gate locks with a key, so there is no way an animal or human could have opened it. Since the day we moved in Apache hated the house. He would bark constantly all day while I was at work. He wouldn't dare go upstairs. At the other house he followed me everywhere so this was very weird.

I ended up calling Maryann (the Ghost Whisperer is based on her life). She came over and helped two spirits cross over. She said it was the couple who owned the house prior to the people I bought it from. She said the woman, Lillie didn't like animals and she would torment Apache when I was at work. She was the one that was opening the gate hoping I wouldn't notice and Apache would get out and get lost. She was a very curious spirit and would open the cupboard to see what was in it and then forget to close it. She said her husband, Frank, was a prankster and was the one who held the shower door closed on me. (That feaked me out. I was trapped in the shower for over 45 secs. The sliding doors wouldn't open, it was like someone was holding them closed. When I did get them open I almost put it through the wall). Then there was a third spirit, Ben, who was looking for his son. She said he was present at my old house too. The people I bought the old house from were Ben and Viola. She said that Ben was in a nursing home when I bought the house, and didn't know where his son and mother had moved. She said he was a very volatile spirit and had me put up quince seeds above all my doors and the fireplace after she cleansed the house. She said quince seeds keep spirits from crossing the threshold. She said there was a spirit cat in the house too, and that is what I was hearing not a baby crying.

My son doesn't believe in this kind of stuff. He said it's just a bunch of "hookey". (This was after he heard a conversation between a woman and a man without the TV or radio being on. After doing a search of the entire house he couldn't find anyone or anything. Really spooked him out.)

Apache was at the vet when she came over. When I picked him up he came into the house and smelled all along the baseboards, then he ran upstairs. It was the first time he had been upstairs since I bought the house. He was so happy. He had been sick and losing weight before Maryann's visit. He kept vomiting and forgetting his housebreaking habits. He has not had an accident since Maryann's visit. He doesn't bark when I leave for work in the morning. One day when I forgot something and went back in the house he was curled up in his bed sound asleep. The gate has never been opened since Maryann's visit, and I don't hear anyone walking around upstairs. All is quiet. Pictures taken in the house have orbs and bright lights in them. She told me that orbs are good spirits and you want them around you. If you want to take a picture of a spirit you don't use the flash. My cats would be sitting on the couch with me. They would keep staring at the wall, ceiling or furniture. One time Boa looked behind me and hissed. I sat with camera in hand and would snap pics where they were staring. Some of the developed pics there appears to be fire on my furniture, others had orbs or light.

Gus may have been able to come in the house before I put the quince seeds up. Now he is outside looking in. Just hope that he doesn't get too cold in the winter. Sorry Gus. lol It was worth the cost just to have my Apache back. It is unbelievable, he is like a different dog.

Jenny

Comments (51)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yes, I can interpret the image in your photo as a deer. Usually such images are of some significance to the believer. Did you believe there was a deer spirit visiting your pond, before or after the photo? If before, what made you feel it was a deer?

You are very brave to bring this and your beliefs out, to the scrutiny of others. The human mind is always searching for order in life and this is truly an interesting topic.

I think we've all had some kind of spiritual experience that we couldn't explain away. Some of us dismiss it as coincidence of some sort and some take it to the extreme by using spirits as guidance and intervention. Others are just afraid to examine it.

I have always been interested in the supernatural and my beliefs fall somewhere in between. Without touching on any religion, I believe that we are given signs and guidance from God, or whatever we believe is our higher power, within the realm of our understanding. That's why I asked the question about the deer.

I have a picture that was taken by my sister of a mum from my mother's funeral. Thinking it was dead for the longest time, it bloomed one large flower out of season. My sister thought this strange, and sent my a copy of the photo. Within the flower I saw an image. Let me explain the background first:

I was devastated by my mothers death. I was searching for answers about the afterlife and had fell into a deep depression and did nothing but study the subject during this time.

I had made a temporary plaster grave marker for my mother. My mother had given me a set of three little figurines, one was the mother and two little girls. Of course, this represented my mother and me and my sister. Into the plaster, I set the two little girls and kept the mother figurine. When I placed the marker at her grave, I explained that she would always have me and my sister with her and we would always have her with us.

Within the flower in the picture was the exact image of the mother figurine, down to the last detail, the pockets on her apron, even the creases in her dress. I showed this picture and the figurine to several family members and friends and they were all in awe at what they saw.

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hnladue:

I believe it is your great-grandmother opening and closing doors. The signs are always there. However, people who aren't open minded can't or don't see them. My sisters always ask me why the spirits come around me. It's because I am open minded and see and believe in the signs.

grandmapoo:

You sure gave me goosebumps. I, too, am in awe. But I believe every word of it. I believe it was your mother's way of letting you know she is OK.

Jenny

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Why not? I've worked with the elderly and the terminally ill and those who's families had terminally ill members in them. All kinds of "paranormal"things have happened. I personally consider it the norm. Nearly all my moms that lost a child saw them in spirit form. Same with my widows and widowers seeing deceased spouses and sometimes close friends. That's an amazing photo! PJ

• hnladue
    17 years ago

Believe me, I am keeping an open mind and looking!! My best friend died in January very suddenly(although she knew she was dying). I'm waiting for her to find me and I hope she does, cause I miss her! I know my grandmother on my mothers side is around cause I can 'hear' her. And as far as great-grandma and the doors, we KNOW it's her! All the doors and windows will be closed and an inside door will open a bit, close a bit, open again, close a little then open all the way and stay there. Sometimes she closes the door all the way too and it doesn't slam. There are 2 doors she does this with. And it usually occurs after I've been tending to her garden and cleaning the weeds out.

A girl my age I used to work with died of a rare type of bone cancer couple years ago. For a week or so before she died, she would see her dead grandmother in her dreams and would wake up telling stories of past things that she could have never witnessed. I guess grandma was there to make the passing a little smoother for everyone. She was 34 when she died.

--Heather.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I too had a girlfriend that died a very sudden tragic death just last year. We had talked about death and the afterlife many times since our friendship began in our teens. If anyone would let me know she was around, I know she would, but there's been nothing. I miss her and I talk to her often, just as I do my mother. My mother has communicated in different ways many times. So has my M-I-L who I never had a chance to meet. I've told my husband things she's communicated to me in dreams before and he said they were true. Sometimes I give myself goosebumps! lol
    But it doesn't scare me, it just leaves me wondering why and how. I just know these things are for our comfort. :)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Jenny, you didn't answer my questions about the deer!?!

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Jenny, something you may be interested in.

Here is a link that might be useful: The animal spirits

• ademink
    17 years ago

I was never good at these....like those pics you're supposed to stare at and see a face...I always failed. LOL I don't see a deer. All I can see is the reflection of your shirt in the window. I'm flunking!!! lol

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

cool site poo.

on animals, i will proclaim to my dying day that my old man drifted past me about 2 days after i had the vet do a "housecall." i can't describe what i saw enough to do it justice. it wasn't as i saw him in he physical. but, it was him. it wasn't a flat light or shine. he was three dimensional with trillions of sparkling miniscule particles making up the shape, all zipping and buzzing around within himself, yet all moving forward together. as i said, no description could do it justice. it was amazing if only for a couple of seconds.

i thought he had decided to move on and several months went by. well, one night i was extremely upset with dh and was in the laundry room. my old man spent long hours there as he loved water. as i sat there, i had to look up a few times. i kept hearing a shuffling. it sounded like his shuffle from his age and arthritis. and, he wasn't on my mind at all so i didnt' make myself hear it. one thing i shouldn't leave out- it was right that he came back at that time after so many months. ( or God used my memory for it and my old man to speak to me.) he was always mediator b/t us. he never was with others in my life, but if we were yelling at each other, he would pace from me to dh and back, meowing, reminding me on how we are supposed to treat the ones we love. well, reminder this time was taken and i followed through.

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Grandmapoo:

I always felt something by me as well as something/someone watching me. (besides my crazy neighbor). When I saw the picture of the deer I just figured that was what it was.

This website is awesome. As a matter of fact I was trying to find something like this. When I saw the picture with the deer I had a feeling that the deer was my spirit guide. My dad was Cherokee Indian and my mom's great aunt Lydia was married to a chief. His name was Chief Red Path. He lived in the ground. I used to do housecleaning for her and she had his full chief outfit including head dress in a trunk in her attic. She had arrowheads too. Wish I could have inherited it when she died. Don't know whatever happened to it. She could tell some stories. She cooked with herbs and grew them in her yard. One time when I had a cold she mixed me a concoction that smelled like turpentine and gave it to me to drink. When she walked out of the room I poured it down the sink.

All my life I have been captivated by Indians. I collect the Native American plates. In a former life, I think I was an Indian.

Jenny

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Jenny, your ARE Cherokee, from your Dad's blood! :)

Jenny and Fairy,
    Animals are pure in their nature and in their spirit. They live and survive according to their true nature. Their intentions are not like human. They live in complete total harmony in nature, as it was meant to be. Humans do not. Different animals by nature have different personalities in order for them to live in harmony. Some are hunters, agressive by nature, which they must be to survive, while some are submissive and quiet, which they must be. The submissive will retreat and hide and the agressive will persue and attack.

We all have a nature that we should pay attention to and live by, but humans are taught to change their nature and become agressive to "make it" in the real world. I truly believe that's why humans are plagued with all sorts of illnesses. These illnesses are of a "spiritual nature". Animals will often teach humans. They sense our needs. It is the humans responsibility to learn from the "lesser" ones. Ask yourself, whenever you learned something from an animal, didn't you need the lesson at that appropriate time? Sometimes, we are too busy with things of the world to understand what we need spiritually, and that's when we'll receive a lesson. Our spirit is constantly reaching out to a higher way.

When we don't live by our true nature, we'll pay for it in the long run. Personally, I'm a very quiet and submissive person by nature, but I worked for a very fast paced and stressful environment for 8 yrs. Heavy phones, dealing with the public and agents, solving everyone's complaints. I was wound up tighter than a rubberband about to break. For the last 2 yrs that I worked there, I wanted to quit and cried everyday, yet I felt I needed the money this job offered. I didn't listen to what my spirit was crying for. It was crying for peace and quiet. It was crying out for the real me, who I was by nature.

I developed rheumatoid arthritis during the last yr that I worked there and now I pay dearly every day for not listening to my spirit and knowing who I was by nature.

Be who you are, whether it's submissive or agressive and be true to your nature whenever possible. Notice that the things you love to do will be in aline with your true nature.

Jenny, your deer may be nothing but a reflection in the window, but your spirit saw it as a deer because you relate to the nature of the deer. Ask yourself, do you need to get more in touch with your gentle and femine side, or bring your agressive/gentle sides into balance?

Fairy, you know love is an energy that never dies. Your precious Old Man came to you in that moment when you needed him to remind you to bring your true nature back into balance. You listened and got the lesson, that's what's important. :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Great stories so far! (FTM, you made me cry!)

Ok, I believe. I've never seen, but I want to see. I guess that's why I watch Ghost Hunters, because I want proof. I won't stop believing if I don't see proof, but...it would be nice.

I get the "touchies" often, as if someone is tugging on my shirt or touching my shoulder. That happens a lot, but I just smile and imagine who it might be.

In an old house where we used to live, DH said he felt someone sitting on his chest as he fell asleep at night (a smothering, dark feeling), and my step-son said he wanted to play with the "boy that was in the other room." Creepy! I smelled perfume in the kitchen occasionally, but I never felt or saw anything else.

At my aunt's funeral on a hot day in San Jose, a gust of wind came out of nowhere and blew over a large arrangement of flowers....and it wouldn't stay up after that. My aunt was always a rebel, and it was my feeling at the time that she was there. Nothing to prove it, of course, but my mom and I liked to think it was her.

So I guess it comes down to exactly what 'Poo has said. Whatever we feel it to be, such as is faith, then so we believe it is. It's a personal thing, unless, of course, I see more opening/closing doors and raised scratch marks on Ghost Hunters. :)

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I like to watch Ghost Hunters also. The whole subject is such a mystery. Scripture says it's suppose to be a mystery b/c we don't have the understanding yet. We are suppose to have faith.

I use to watch John Edwards. He was so interesting. But I was also searching for proof. There's no proof, except what we choose to believe.

I have a hybiscus that was my mothers. I've cared for and protected that plant for the past 10 yrs. It always blooms a single bloom on special occasions.

When my son was coming home from Iraq on his recent visit, it bloomed the day BEFORE he was due to arrive in Houston. I saw the bloom and said, "Momma, you're a day early!" and I laughed. But guess what? My son called from Dallas later that morning and said he would be at Intercon'l a/p at 3 pm. He had surprised us and came a day early!!!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

thanks, poo. you are very insightful and i have always agreed with that wholeheartedly. also, it is why i am preparing myself for something more inline with the true me. love your last post! mother knows best, eh?

anyone know how to tell the diff b/t migraine auras and supernatural? just a little humor. it is usually amigraine when i smell oranges or "cat pee."

didn't mean to make you cry, brenda! though, i still do occassionally.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Fairy, ((((BIG HUG))))

I grieved WAY too long for my mother. I could never think of her without crying for 6 yrs. I felt her presence, many strange electrical things happened and I could smell her wonderful scent occasionally. Until one day Dr. Phil had a show on grief and he said you have to let loved ones go so they can rest. He told a story (fictional) about a young child that had died and her mother cried constantly. In Heaven, every day God gathered the children and lit their candles to go for a walk with Him. This one child's candle wouldn't stay lit and she couldn't go on the walks b/c her mother's tears was putting out the flame.

Well, I did let her go one day. It was hard. Many tears. I told her I had to let her go and that I would be ok. I realized in that moment that I didn't want to let her go, but I needed to.

From that time on, I've been able to smile instead of cry when I think of her. Oh, what a relief! Love should make you smile, right? The letting go is nothing but letting go of the flesh. The love is forever, eternal.

I still talk to her and invite her to have coffee with me (one of our favorite things to do). But no more strange happenings, just the blooms on the hybiscus. :)

Oh BTW Brenda, my mother use to get touches also. She never talked about this stuff, but she said she always thought it was her Dad.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"I was never good at these....like those pics you're supposed to stare at and see a face...I always failed. LOL I don't see a deer."

Several years ago, somebody gave me a picture as a gift which, at first glance, was just a bunch of small soccer balls. Supposedly, if you stared at it long enough, a really cool 3D image of a guy kicking a ball would pop at you. Everybody and their uncle claimed they could see this image except for me.

With Koijoyii's image above, I had a hard time seeing "it" at first too. A couple of issues... First, the image is a little too big so the eyes cannot focus on a small enough area and have to scroll across the screen. Also, the nearby bright walls may also interfere with concentrating on the subject.

I took the liberty of reducing and croping the image and played with the hue and saturation a little. The modified version MIGHT help you see "it" better. Remember though, like those 3D images, it's better to concentrate and look THROUGH the image instead of AT the image. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Modified Image

• pondmaninfl
    17 years ago

I'm a border line beleiver in ghost but Native American stories have always been fascinating to me. I see the deer in the picture. Is it because I'm open minded? I do have Native American bloodline from two different tribes. My great, great, great, great grandmother was an Indian princess, I think Choctaw. I do love nature and many times, thought that the wild animals could understand what I was saying to them. One day, I would like to sit down with an Indian cheif or elder and listen to the stories passed down from his father and his father's father and so on.

G'day,
    Scott

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

semper, well, i'll just leave it at that. thank you. :)

thanks for the hug poo. i had also let go, so his return was a huge surprise! after all, he had years of exploring to make up for. aren't surprise visits the best!?

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Oh thanks, Semper Fi!!! You just scared the crap out of me!! I should a known something was up since it was you!!
    LOL

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Yep, I fell for it too, but still can't quit laughing!!!
    Thanks Mark, I was trying to hold it but gotta go. :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

I'm SO glad I didn't click on Fi guy's link before reading Sockmonkey's post! I've seen those before, and nearly had a heart attack! LOL I'm waiting until DH comes home, and let him look at it. :D

'Poo, I hope you don't mind if I print out your Jul 20th post of 18:04. The "anniversary" of my darling mother-in-law's passing is coming up next month, and her birthday is this Sunday. My sister-in-law is still having a hard time (understandable to me!), but Wendy feels she needs to let go. To each his/her own, however, if that's what she feels is best, then I'd love for her to read your post! :)

I'm extremely attracted to Native American stories and culture, as well! There is a peacefulness about them, and I love to hear them speak. Their voices are so soothing to me. Hard to explain, and that probably all sounds cheesy, but you know what I mean. :D

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Brenda, of course you may use my post. If she is ready to let go, this website may be of more use. It has articles on grief, poems, support, and other helpful info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grief Resources

• dirt_yfingernails
    17 years ago

Longtime lurker here.

Just wanted to add my experience. I've sensed the presence of my DM and my niece several times, but this spring was the first time a deceased animal has visited.

Our kitty, Grey, had an inoperable tumor and we kept him comfortable until it was time to ease him over the rainbow bridge. I petted him as the vet performed the procdure and Grey went to sleep purring.

The next week, all of us in the house heard Grey whine several times. He had a distinctive nasally whine. One day I was upstairs and DGS was downstairs. We both distinctly heard Grey. DGS dashed upstairs to tell me Grey wasn't really dead, he was sitting on his bed. It was difficult to have to see the tears when he realized Grey was not coming back, but only came back to visit one last time.

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

aw! :..( i have also at times wondered if i heard my old man's yowl. it was always very loud, but this was faint. it sounded like it yet the first thing i did was to check if the tv was on.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Thank you, 'Poo! :)

And I'm glad I read your post about Fi guy's modified image. It made me brave enough to view it and LMAO!

Still reading and enjoying the experiences on this thread, too. :)

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

You're welcome Brenda.
    BTW, I forgot to mention this re your post about the gust of wind of your aunt's funeral.
    Pneuma (pnyoo'-mah) A Greek word that means a blast of air or breath that represents a human spirit, soul and it's mental disposition as was in life; or it can represent the superhuman ie an angel, (demon or devine) or the Holy Spirit.
    The interpretation of the pneuma experience would be according to when/how it happened and the affect or force it had on the surroundings.
    A true pneuma happens suddenly as if out of nowhere or where it doesn't make sense to have a wind current.

• youreit
    17 years ago

That's exactly the situation in which it occurred, 'Poo!

It was hot that day (for San Jose), no breeze whatsoever, and we'd already been gathered under the protective, temporary awning for at least half an hour.

The main speaker at her funeral was done (I think it was a pastor), and the family was about to begin speaking individually. My mom, the eldest of all 5 kids, was getting ready to walk up there, with me following for support.

This gust of wind just came out of nowhere and only knocked down the flower arrangement (I can't, for the life of me, remember what the "technical" term is for one of those! LOL). Everything else in the vicinity - pictures, notes on the podium, etc. - stayed where they were, and no other breezes were felt after that. However, the flower arrangement wouldn't stand up again, either. Nothing was broken.

Weird, but I knew right away that it was Janice. I leaned over and told my mom, and she sort of laughed and tearfully agreed. Also, she'd been VERY nervous about speaking, and that seemed to relax her a little bit. :)

Another quick note (sorry for rambling!) - Janice was always the wild one. In fact, at the time of her death, she had been in Mexico with a guy she hardly knew, and they were riding one of those little mopeds (Janice was driving). They also decided to leave their helmets back at the hotel, and while going around a curve, Janice accelerated rather than slowing down.

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I saw a story on one of those tv shows about the paranormal where a young boy was killed by a hit a run. At his funeral (or placing of a roadside wreath), a gust of wind blew up and the wreath went flying and hit a car passing by, causing attention to the car. As it turned out, the car matched the description of the car from eyewitnesses and it WAS the boy's killer! He was arrested and brought to justice because of the pneuma.
    I wouldn't call that coincidence!

• ademink
    17 years ago

lmfao@semper

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow Poo:

That story is awesome. When my mom was alive she was sitting in the living room when a plate glass mirror above the fireplace fell off the wall and shattered. Immediately after she got a phone call that her brother had died.

Jenny

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

About a week after my mother's funeral, we were having a terrible storm, thunder and lightening. She was always so afraid of storms.

Suddenly lightening struck a tree in our front yard and as family & I jumped, her picture flew off the bookshelf, landing face down in the middle of the floor. We all stood in shock staring at it for the longest time. I've often thought of that and wondered if maybe the vibration knocked it off, but the picture actually landed about 6 ft out in the middle of the room.

The most eerie thing about this is that my mother told me that when she was a kid, the reason she was afraid of storms was that every time a thunderstorm came, her mother would gather the kids in the middle of the room until it passed.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Whoa, Nellie! Now THAT'S amazing! And the boy story, too.

*goosebumps*

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Brenda, since you like Ghost Hunters, do you ever watch Psychic Detectives?
    If the stories are actually true, some of them are truly awsome.

• youreit
    17 years ago

I THINK I've watched that show, 'Poo, once or twice. It was pretty good, from what I remember! My only wish was that they would show the psychic process in real time, rather than doing the re-enactments.

There is a lady here in N. CA that's been missing for quite some time, and the family is still searching for her body on their own. I guess they consulted with 2 different psychics, and both of them pointed to the same place along a creek bed. They still haven't found her, though. :(

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

That's so sad, Brenda. This worse feeling is not knowing.

I guess some who claim to be psychic can research beforehand and come up with some of the things they claim to "see". But I know there are some people who truly have a gift. I think we all have the ability to sense things, intuition, and some people just have more and know how to tune into it and refine it. We also all have glimpses of the future or a knowing, but don't pay any attention to the significance of it.

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

In the picture in the first post...not sempers!! don't look there, LOL, but above the obvious whitish looking deer, I see two eyes and it looks like another deer, but the reflection is looking out from inside it looks like. Does anybody else see that? or...is it just me?
    Debbie

• youreit
    17 years ago

Is in the area I've highlighted below, Debbie? (Original in red for those who couldn't see it. :D)

Brenda

{{gwi:170675}}

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

I see several "eyes" in the original picture. Weird.

Brenda, were you going to post a new pic?

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

And magically, there it is! Now that's weird, when I was here earlier today, the pic wasn't there!

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Uh, Oh Grandmapoo, I hear Twilight Zone music.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

It's those darn aliens again!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL! It seems TinyPic does that sometimes, not showing the pic when you first try to view it.

I see dead deer!

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Brenda, if a psychologist mysteriously shows up to find out why you're seeing dead deer, BEWARE!!!
    In the meantime, don't drive down those dark country roads!

• JeanetteMN
    17 years ago

Interesting topic. I am starting to study up on nature spirits. Has anyone had any experience in their gardening that would indicate spirits?
    When my best friend died in 1991 I would ocassionally smell her fragrance and often the phone rang and when I answered it was just like the line was dead. I then got a book at the library about how departed ones can reach us and fragrance was one of the most prominent along with manipulation of electronics. The last time it happened was on Christmas dad of 1991. She had passed in May that year. She had died very suddenly and unexpectedly and I was extremely bereaved. I think it was her way of saying, "Hey I'm here." to make me feel better.

• comettose
    17 years ago

Just read this thread for the first time. I've had many experiences and yes I plainly saw the deer the first time I looked at it without reading the text, other than the thread title (which hinted at something might be there). The deer is plain as day. Cool picture.

Things I have seen without going into minute details:

Orbs in the cemetary - I have a photograph I took where they are all over the cemetary of varying sizes and groups (taken with film, not digital) and developed at a commercial lab. It was my Mother's graveside service. They look similar to children's soap bubbles. I read about them later, after I saw them in the picture.

Graveyard dog apparition in a cemetary - a thin, or pale vision of a white German Shepard that was standing there looking at me - then turned and walked back into the woods and poof - faded out of view, before it should have been out of view.

Strange animal actions when asking for proof something existed. (3 times). Twice with wild birds and 1 time involving a squirrel. Too involved to explain.

Astral projection - personal experience (2 times). First time scary, second time more controlled. Entry and exit point is the back of my neck both times. Read about in detail after the experiences.

UFOs (many) but I work near experimental aircraft places, but these were quite visible and nothing like any aircraft I've seen before. All different than each other, and see in different places. One was quite small and I saw it over a house in my current community. It hovered and moved in various directions then sped off and disappeared. It was a green light with no definition, other than round.

Music in a haunted lighthouse keeper's house (Point Lookout State Park) - America's most haunted place with cold air wafting up from the opening in the wall area in a upstairs bedroom. They were not playing any music. My son heard it too. Link to Pt. Lookout provided by the DNR of Maryland. Lots of death and misery there during the civil war. There is a mass grave of over 3800 prisoners of war there, and unmarked gravesites as well. Also, shipwrecks. If you are in the area it is open the first Saturday in November (and there are lines). The lightkeepers house is a mirror image house, with both sides the same, double everything.

Cold spots that one wants to move out from immediately.

Extreme deja vu around certain people.

Foggy veil in a photograph taken of a deceased person moments after death, yet ALL images taken before death, and the next day are normal. Only those taken within 2 minutes of death. A soul escaping?

Fog or smoke in a photograph taken at a funeral that had the outline of a face.

Lights in shrubs as a child

Ghost sports car (with top down) with one driver that crossed in the path of me and another person (we both saw it at the same time) and there was no road where it went, only grass. Caused the driver to hit the brakes it looked so real (yet unreal) It was moving left to right straight across in front of our path.

I don't deny the existence of anything and most of these experiences were not scary, except cold spots and astral projection. Most I felt no emotion about, it was just there and I was not trying to see any of it. Some experiences felt warming.

Brand me a nut - I don't care. I've seen what I've seen and that's about all I can say about it. I don't know why I see these things (and I did not see all of them alone) and some are photographed and some not. I don't try to explain them one way or the other.

CT

Here is a link that might be useful: The Gosts of Point Lookout

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

CT:

My daughter got married in November and we were all wondering if my brother was at the wedding (he died 12 years ago). My sister had taken a digital photo at the wedding that didn't come out too clear. She tried to delete it, but the camera wouldn't let her. Upon closer inspection super-imposed right over my s-i-l's face is the face of my brother. I promised my daughter I wouldn't cry at the wedding (cried enough when she was trying on dresses). I kept my promise, but lost it later at the reception when my sister showed me the picture.

P.S. Would love to hear the wild bird/squirrel stories.

Jenny

• hnladue
    17 years ago

As most of you know my Dad died on Mov 4th. My Best friend Suzi died last year also on Jan 7. On Jan 7th of this year I went to her grave for a 'visit'. Her husband and one daughter showed up. Sheryl asked my what time my dad died. I told her is was about 12:00pm. She told me that they were out to lunch that day when their 3yr old son at 11:20am suddenly said "Nana's coming down in about 20 minutes" They asked where is she coming from? He said "She's coming down from heaven to get a friend" -- I was praying to Suzi to come get dad and show him the way home. Later that weekend, The baby says again, "Nana's having Ice Cream with her new friend. She's having vanilla cause she can't have chocolate and her new friend is having chocolate and he bought". How else could Nicholas have known that Suzi was allergic to chocolate, unless she told him? Remember he's only 3! I found comfort in that Dad was with Suzi. Gave me a little confirmation that he's ok.

--Heather.

• comettose
    17 years ago

Sorry Jenny, but the animal stories have a religious bent to them that is not permitted and like sex and politics is often not a good topic of public conversation. If you email me I will tell you in an email. Why are you sad when you see imgages of those that have died? Try to think of it as a happy event because that is what it is, isnt' it? When we cry over the death of a person it is our own loss we mourn. Maybe somebody is trying to tell you that it's OK and to live your life while you still can in a bit more happy state. My sister always says, when I die don't cry at my grave because I'm not there. In fact she is hoping to assure that by being cremated and having her ashes scattered in the Severn River where we both grew up. Ya know, now I'm talking about death, holy moly how I can go off on a tangent. LOL

CT

P.S. I don't mix paranormal with religion because then the topics get muddled, because one I believe exists and the other I don't.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Well, hopefully we are somewhat anonymous here, I'll admit to a few things that bother me. I knew the moment when my daughter died. She was in a hospital, in a coma and I had just gone home and sat down in a chair when I felt her leave. Once in a while I will feel what seems to be her hands on my shoulders. I also felt it when my mother died and my father. Mother had been ill so it was no surprise but no one had told me my father was in the hospital. I panicked for no apparent reason and started phoning my sisters, 600 miles away and couldn't get them. Later one of them called me and I answered the phone with "I know daddy's gone". We later figured out that I panicked at the same time he died.
    Dogs and cats apparently have some connection to me because I have known when some of them died. One woke me out of a sound sleep.
    There have been other brief contacts like that. I have almost come to believe they came to say good bye. A few come to keep in touch. It is a very strange and somehow comforting sensation. Maybe I'm just nuts. Sandy

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow Heather,

Your story gave me goosebumps on my goosebumps on my goosebumps. Children are very receptive when it comes to spirits because they have open minds.

Jenny