Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodkarma_

I need help finding a home for McLoving please.

goodkarma_
15 years ago

Dear Gentle Ponders,

Mcloving is a small adult female cat in Akron Ohio living with sorority girls who's lease is up in 3 weeks. She is declawed and presumed spayed (not in heat for almost a year). She is most loving. Not sure how she gets along with other cats and dogs. Most likely not well with dogs as she has not been exposed to them.

She is currently on antibiotics as one of the sorority girls keeps putting her out as she does not like cats. Kitty got bit by a dog but should be fully recovered.

Her promised home fell thru so time is running out for kitty. We have dogs who hate cats so we can't take her. The girls haven't found another home and I am afraid she will end up at the pound who kills cats the same day.

I will drive out of state for a good home to deliver her - but not too far from Ohio please.

Thanks so much for your help.

email LisaRN9999@aol.com

{{gwi:170867}}

{{gwi:170869}}

Comments (9)

• koijoyii
    15 years ago

Oh Lisa:

She is just adorable. I spoke to my sister last night who is going to ask her three daughters if they may be interested in taking her. On the other hand one of the ladies she works with bought a home that unfortunately has black mold. They have to rent now and need to part with their 2 year old golden retriever. So now I am looking around for a home for McLoving as well as the GR. Wish my two "old ladies" would accept her. I would love to have her if they would.

Jenny

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Awwww. If you can't find a home for her you can contact the North Shore Humane Society which is a not actually a shelter but a huge network of foster homes. They are a no-kill society and I *think* based in Elyria. I don't have the phone # at hand but they are in the phone book and many vet hospitals have the number.

The organization, Luv a Stray is also a no-kill group and they are either based in Cleveland or Akron.

If someone is from Berea, there is the Berea Animal Rescue Foundation. They too are a no-kill facility.

You can always contact Channel 8 News from Cleveland / Dick Goddard (www.fox8cleveland.com) and request he feature her on his segment. Or contact the Akron radio station 97.5 WONE. (www.WONE.net) They have a segment to find homes for pets through an animal rescue facility and have had tremendous success.

Kindest regards!

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

You can either call or fax the bazillion vet hospitals and emergency clinics and specialty clinics in the area and request they post that McLoving is available to a loving home. Most vet places have bulletin boards and often people will call and ask if there is a kitty available for adoption. Sometimes when a beloved kitty has lost his life, people will want to fill the void with someone new to love as well. Some vet places will also take in kitties and adopt them out.

We generally get at least one request for a kitty or dog a day.

• youreit
    15 years ago

Awww, McLoving is McLicious! I just KNOW she is going to find a home! How could she not, being so adorable? :)

Brenda

• goodkarma_
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for all your help. :)

Lisa

• youreit
    15 years ago

Did she find a home?? *fingers crossed*

Brenda

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Too bad she is so far away I would love to have her.

• goodkarma_
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No home yet. We are still trying. Thanks Again.

Lisa

• koijoyii
    15 years ago

Lisa:

I sent you a very important e-mail. If McLoving is still available I can take her.

Jenny