Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

In loving memory of Bear 1992-2008

koijoyii
15 years ago

I am sorry to report I lost my dear beloved Bear last night. She was 16-years-old on 4th of July. She was one of a litter of 3 kittens her mother Mittens brought to our house in 1992. Since we couldn't decide which one to keep we kept the whole "fam damily." You know the saying "you don't pick a cat, a cat picks you." Well, Bear picked me. She was my shadow. She had problems with her intestines since January of this year (my story on poor impacted little kitty). Well I really believe when God closes a window, he opens a door. He closed the door on Bear, but opened a window for McLoving (Goodkarma's post). I know it's soon, but I believe God took Bear home to make room in my family for McLoving. I am going to adopt her if she is still available. If she isn't I will located one of the many cat rescue shelters in my area.

RIP, my little Bearokee.

{{gwi:170903}}

{{gwi:170910}}

Jenny

Comments (11)

• youreit
    15 years ago

Ohhh, Jenny, I'm SO sorry for your loss. *HUG* What a wonderful heart you have. Bear was a beautiful little girl! *sniffle*

Our thoughts will be with you, and here's hoping McLoving finds herself in your arms soon!

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    15 years ago

I am so sorry.

• annedickinson
    15 years ago

((((Jenny)))) So sorry about Bear. She looks like my sweet kitty, Pashta (hence the screen name), who also lived to be 16. May God's Healing Hands gently hold your heart and spirit as you say Good-Bye to Bear.

Anne

• sheepco
    15 years ago

My thoughts (and tears) are with you Jenny. She was indeed a beautiful kitty.

And bless you for opening your broken heart to McLoving.

Sarah

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

I'm soooo sorry Jenny! Sweet little Bear ... awww. :*(

She looks like she could be a twin for our Maggie who is also 16 years old. {{gwi:163283}}
    They will not go quietly,
    the cats who've shared our lives.
    In subtle ways they let us know,
    their spirit still survives.
    Old habits still make us think,
    we hear a meow at the door.
    Or step back when we drop,
    a tastey morsel on the floor.
    Our feet still go around the place,
    A food dish used to be.
    And, sometimes coming home at night,
    we miss them terribly.
    Although time may bring new friends,
    and a new food dish to fill,
    That one place,
    still belongs to her ...
    and dear Bear it always will.
    *~* ~* ~* ~* ~*~ *~*~* ~* ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~

Dear little Angel Bear ... now she is a real Angel we knew she was here on earth.

Sincerest sympathy ..... :-(

C3D

• comettose
    15 years ago

So sorry. She was a beautiful little Tortie girl. She enjoyed a great, long life of happiness and comfort with you. Hold the special times spent together in your heart and memory with fondness.

• jeanner
    15 years ago

Ahh Jenny, I am sorry too. You have a big heart and McLoving is so lucky to become a member of your family. Bless you and Bear.

• catherinet
    15 years ago

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry.
    ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
    You both were very lucky to have each other.

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Jenny what a beautiful Tortico. I have a 13 year old named Texas that looks like Bear. They do have such a special place in our hearts and are missed so much when they are gone. Hope the new kitty helps your heart to heal and puts lots of new adventures in there to fill the void. Glenda

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for your sympathies.

C3D:

That is a beautiful poem. I am going to print it and frame it along with the pawprint and lock of hair the vet is going to give me when I pick up her ashes on Thursday.

I had a little panic attack this weekend when I had trouble contacting Lisa about McLovin. In the meantime we went to the Berea Animal Rescue Kittyrama. I fell in love with a 1 year old gold tabby female named Tiger. Didn't want to make any hasty decisions so we left without her. Heard from Lisa's daughter Saturday afternoon and if everything goes well may have McLovin this week. Bear's sister Boa is missing her terribly. She walks around the house caterwauling looking for her. This is the first time in her life she has been alone. I am so excited. My son still wants to get Tiger, but I told him to be patient till McLovin has a chance to adjust to her new surroundings. Now you have to remember this is coming from a person who said "never again, no more animals." lol

Jenny

• Linda Hershey
    15 years ago

I also send my condolences on your pet, you gave her a great long life and loved her well. It's very hard to lose a pet, I have had many go across the rainbow bridge myself. I am sure the next kitty will love you very much!

Kitt

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting