Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

chicka, semper, et al

fairy_toadmother
17 years ago

i am afraid my post has caused the support post to be deleted. (i hope that last statement is acceptable and not inflammatory)

please accept my apology for destroying all efforts by those of you who posted links, etc.

Comments (19)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

FTM, unless you had a note from ivillage, it just might be my fault. I've been noticing a hesitation when I submit on a post and a thread from webfeeet I posted on was removed almost as soon as I hit the submit box. For several minutes I was locked out of this forum completely and when I got back my response to this one and one more was deleted. Maybe I'm paranoid. Sandy

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

no sandy, i rec'd several messages :)

btw, i am not allowed to mention actions made by "GW."

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

This whole iPillage saga has become quite laughable and I, for one, am starting to wonder about the "logic" behind some of decisions being made by the {{gwi:170984}}.

My work schedule these days does not allow me to browse the Pond Forum frequently. But just from reading an occasional thread now and then in Discussions section of this forum, I've noticed that lately, trolls and people with hidden agendas are allowed to run amok. For example, one member is allowed to post multiple off-topic, political statements in the Discussions section of this forum AND attack a forum favorite in another thread when asked what any of this has to do with Pond Discussion.... and somehow these threads do not get pulled and yet PondmaninFL is forbidden from posting a pond related link! Now someone PLEASE explain to my one remaining brain cell, where is the logic in that?????????????

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

• sheepco
    17 years ago

What the...???

I have enjoyed this pond forum for the past year because of the huge number of kind and knowledgable people willing to share their experiences with people new to water gardening, and have reaped an enormous amount of useful information here. I have especially enjoyed THIS conversations part of the forum because it gives all of us a chance to share our thoughts and feelings about things unrelated to ponding.

I had not posted to the other support thread(s) because my feelings on this subject are personal (not against, just deeply personal for private reasons), but I read it. Most times I cheered, ocassionally I disagreed, but the thread was good, informative, and more than once enlightening for me. And it was a thread for people to share common thoughts, goals and dreams, just like any other.

Apparently the powers that be on this forum consider topics that instill deep emotion taboo. I can't believe another 'support' thread was deleted and not some of the '&%#^' posted on 'discussions' recently. As of Monday evening I read nothing on the thread I couldn't stomach, while on 'discussions' I found several threads that on first reading were offensive, disgusting and mean, and certainly off-topic for 'discussions'.

Are we not all mature enough to either pick and choose the threads we read or else to agree to disagree? This is real life folks, people are DYING. Those that want to express their gratitude to the soldiers should be able to! If you don't want to read about it, SKIP the thread! If you want to disagree, start another thread!

Sigh... what freedom of speech?...

I think it might be time to visit Scott on line...if he'll still have me, being from MN and all...

• sheepco
    17 years ago

To all of you who posted on the previous thread... thank you for the smiles, the tears, and the effort you take to make the world THINK...

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Sheepco, over my 60+ years the first and most important thing I learned has been that people think people who think are either crazy or dangerous. Sandy

• youreit
    17 years ago

Amen, yep, I totally agree with everything you all said!

FTM, they SAID that?! Hmmm, they didn't tell me that. They said, "Thanks for letting us know about [insert name of idiot here]. We've noticed that the Ponds forum has been volatile lately. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!"

Or something like that. They moved the off-topic thread to here, but I still felt the person who made the rude comment to Sarah should be told that "it's not very nice." The fact that one has to point out such things just proves that not all people should be allowed to use the internet. There's a "Preview" button for a reason, and if folks can't pause before posting, then I'll be happy to give them pause later on.

Uh-oh, is this too volatile? Too bad. Sarah, Sandy, all of US seem to know how to be adults and state their feelings in a rational, intelligent manner. If anything, maybe those others will learn something new today.

Brenda

• koiman_gardener
    17 years ago

I heard that PondmaninFL has been banned. ;o)

Sheepco, Scott is a friend of mine. Go and visit.

He also told me that Chicka3D has left the forum.

Bubba

• ademink
    17 years ago

She has??????????? NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm in the middle of a cat crisis, she can't leave me now! LOL I love C3D, she rocks.

Welcome to the forum, Bubba. LOL

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

re: chicka. chicka posted her warning letter from gw and said also "see ya." i happened to catch it before that was also deleted (crossing my fingers adn waving my wand to stop the hex). at the rate i am going, i'll be banned too. :)

some of these other comments are going over my blonde head. i am missing something. maybe if i took my time while i read, i would find it.

brenda, they said a lot of things and delete me if i mention it..."This reminder is being sent in regards to the message entitled "disappearing
    posts" posted by you to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants forum at
    forums2.gardenweb.com. Continuing to post in this manner is considered disruptive. GardenWeb has the
    right to remove posts that it deems inappropriate or disruptive. If you continue to protest site actions, you risk revocation of your posting privileges. If you wish to continue discussing this with other members, please
    take it to email."
    "GardenWeb mail response mc120437251985ec rosa

Fairy,
    You are certainly welcome to post an apology, but when you complain about GardenWeb's actions -- i.e. warnings you've received -- that is considered disruptive and that is why your post was removed. Conversations is for off-topic posts, however that does mean that you can post with abandon. Political posts should be made to the Hot Topics forum."

if you dont hear from me, you'll know why!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Andrea, she won't leave you hanging. You know her. She'll show up like Wonder Woman, just when you need her. :)

Ok, all of this makes me feel like I need to purge my innards. It seems like only the good ones are leaving (by choice or not) and not the instigators. We're defending our territory, not invading it!

Where's McArthur when you need him?

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

The Ponds forum is volatile?!? They've never seen a meeting of my garden club. Septegenarians can get nasty.
    Even with all the foofaraw that gets in here this forum is a model of decorum compared to many others. I guess since they own it they can make the rules but I would miss some of our more 'disruptive' elements. It is what gives this forum a bit of panache. By their rules I guess my posting of the Maine koi ban is a no-no. It is certainly political. Man is a political animal and I run into politics other than Rebublican and Democrat in just about everything I see, read or do. I can't go to the grocery without dealing with politics. Heck, I can't park my car on my own property, own a pet, build a pond or run my lawn mower without politics rearing it's ugly head. It is how we manage to deal with others without coming to blows. When there is controversy, rules are made. Not all rules are right or fair. Sometimes they have to be questioned and adjusted. Kneejerk reactions make bad rules. Sandy

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

What? PondmaninFL has been banned??? So
    Who's gonna give our beloved Yankees a hard time this
    Winter??? Hmmmmm.....
    Perhaps we need a volunteer for this important
    Objective. Any takers here? How about you
    New guy? Or may I call you Bubba?
    Due to the fact that you are new here, I
    Am going to have to warn you that the
    Hired gun at iVillage, don't like
    Other forums being mentioned here.
    Like it or not, it's their prerogative, so who am
    I to say otherwise. Don't worry about
    Chickadeedeedee. She's also like the Terminator.
    SHE'LL BE BACK....
    Once she too realizes that the occasional
    Rogue, troll, or JancAss doesn't compare to the
    Good people and the great times here.

-Fred

• youreit
    17 years ago

Thank you, Sandy & Fred! LOL @ Fred

Sandy, you put it perfectly! Politics is a part of our daily lives. So true.

I'm glad I'm not in a garden club. It sounds too volatile. :D

Brenda

• Ima_Celery
    17 years ago

Why is it that the people who are not responsible for problems within the forum insist on doing the apologizing?

Andrea, I believe you have C3Ds e mail addy if in need.

Mike

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks, again, mike. :)

• ademink
    17 years ago

hehe...ima celery...I like it, and you. ;) sandy...rollin' w/ the garden club comment

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Hi Ima!
    And thanks, Fred, for the last three lines of your poem. I needed those words.

:) Mary

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

A NEW, friendly place, with lots of OLD, friendly faces (names).

Let's see if I can post the link or not...
    Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: American Ponders - Index