Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okpondlady

Isn't it amazing what kids don't like??

okpondlady
17 years ago

My daughters are 9 and 13... they always THINK they will absolutely hate the movies we pick out and then they love them. Right now my youngest is totally enchanted by Wonder Woman. The Origional one.. you know with Linda Carter and her Blue skirt with stars and red top. Magic lasso and invisible plane and everything. The youngest wants to be WONDER WOMAN... of course, I do totally understand. When I was 10 I wanted to be WONDER WOMAN too. We are watching the first episode where the Amazons had the contest to see who was the best, strongest, ect. to see who could bring Steve back to the US, after he was hurt. Of course, they are fighting the Nazi's. (My oldest is very much into the Holocaust and many other history subjects. She is mainly interested because it took place in 1942.) AND you KNOW they had the battle of BULLETS AND BRACELETS... omg. You would have thought they did it themselves. They also like Star Wars, after we started watching it. hahahaha

Here is a link that might be useful: B-Cubed's Blog and Pictures...

Comments (3)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I confess! I got a lot of re-released old shows too. Wonder Woman,I dream of Genie and Bewitched. I wanted to be Samantha personally. My boys (12 and 6) like it too but I doubt it has the same effect on them as it does little girls! Don't you just love Wonder Woman's boots or is it just me? PJ

• youreit
    17 years ago

Oh, my younger brother used to love Wonder Woman. I don't think it had anything to do with her outfit...nah! LOL

We tried to get my step-son interested in Close Encounters of the Third Kind a couple weeks ago. Ok, so he's 19, but you'd at least think he'd make an effort to like it a LITTLE bit.

Brenda

• okpondlady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I started figuring out this costume.
    OK So I find a pattern, that is first, pay about 7 or 8 bucks.
    Then fabric, 7 or 8 again
    rope, 5
    spray paint for rope, crown and belt 2 or so.
    Red knee boots. That will be probably 20 alone, if I can find them. When will she ever wear them again? geez.
    I suggested we go to Wal Mart and buy the costume for maybe 20 bucks... she ain't having that. I gotta sew it. How in the world do I get that eagle on her chest? Hahahahaha I don't know about this. I think I could use a red tube top and blue shorts, sewing on white stars on shorts. But now she has found a cape. I didn't know WW wore a CAPE?????
    I think I am in trouble hahahaha.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: B-Cubed's Blog and Pictures...