Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it just me....?

Posted by pjtexgirl 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 29, 06 at 12:51

I'm looking at all these lovely water gardens and ponds that are getting bigger and bigger in people's yards. At what point is it considered a houseboat? I just have this image of myself getting carried away with the whole thing and ending up with a pier for a front porch!PJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it just me....?

PJ, check out the Voice my opinion thread on discussions. Sandy

o

He has a pier/bridge for a back porch! I knew it could happen! Sod has a reputation for being a water hog so what the heck right? LOL!PJ

o

I think everything is bigger these days - houses, cars, furniture, TV's, etc. Or maybe I'm shrinking????

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 10:00

Jean is right. It's the Joneses all over again. Although I love the Mini Cooper, I also love the Hummer (the real one, not the "girlie man" one). But if I could, I'd have a little cottage with a huge pond/lake, and a Mini Cooper with a Pug riding shotgun. :D

Brenda

o

(shhhh! I'm whispering....and being stealthy) Can women start a petiton for a size limit on TV's? What's with guys and these monster TV sets? Tv's were hard enough to decorate around when they were a lot smaller. I've had to resort to a pretty cloth throw/cover to "protect it from dust".It sounds funny looking but somehow works. Can't explain how.If these TVs get any bigger I'm going to need a set of drapes to hide the darn thing!PJ

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 2, 06 at 12:29

Well, I think it'll involve a trade-off of closet space, PJ, but it might work! :D

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here