Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Opposing opinions.

sleeplessinftwayne
17 years ago

What the heck is it with this idea that no one is supposed to disagree with you in this forum. I am beginning to feel suffocated with the concept that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

While it isn't necessary to totally declare all out war on disenting opinions, different views of the same object or idea is a good thing so long as you are not disagreeing to be disagreeable. (In my opinion.) Sandy

Good grief! I'm defending Webfeeet!

Comments (16)

• ademink
    17 years ago

Sandy, I COMPLETELY DISagree with you!!!!!! hehe Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

You're absolutely right. You can't learn if everyone just agrees.

• gw:obsessed-nj
    17 years ago

Sandy, I don't think you're defending Webfeeet so much as defending everyone's right to have, and voice, an opinion. You and Andrea are absolutely right; I've been to forums that "tiptoe through the tulips" and keep coming back here because they're soooo boring and insincere. More "Mutual Admiration Society" than discussion forum. Maybe we should offer caves to the more insecure posters so they'd have a safe haven and come out (like our fish) when they realize there's nothing to fear from a dissenting opinion. Webfeeet is more "bark" than "bite" and very entertaining ;)
    Linda

• ademink
    17 years ago

I dig Webfeeet. She cracks me up and I don't care if someone disagrees w/ me...I'm secure. LOL

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Webfeet is a female???? OMG, how did I miss that one???

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Don't know what Webfeet is, but when I first joined in 2002 I think it was, the very first post I sent was insulted by Webfeet. I was upset, but then someone explained our buddy and from then on, I couldn't wait to read all it's posts. I do look forward to them actually. There is intelligence behind the sarcasim and insults and I have learned a thing or two...like frogs easily catch and eat fish regularly everyday..........joking!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jean, Webbie has everyone jumping through hoops trying to figure out the gender issue. Once he/she did post some very revealing and confusing photos. The dress was lovely and the beard was sexy. Sandy

• ademink
    17 years ago

I think I'm missing out on something here. Is Webfeeet gone or what?

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

So, is this post about opinions on Webbie?

Because I love my Webbie! Reminds my of my dad, when he was still grumpy old dad (he has changed for the better now that he doesn't remember things so well anymore heehee). No beating about the bush with Webbie!

My opinion about our opinions: we should be able to sit back and laugh about other people, I say. I get heated when someone insults or seems to insult someone else - especially if it's me - but then I stay out of the discussion for a few days, after which it all blows over.

But, for pure entertainment, I loooooooove reading posts about rock bottoms and bottom drains!

So, let's all keep on having opinions! Yeay ponders!

:) Mary

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

He's doing an underwater video of frogs eating minnows. :)

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

The member shall remain nameless, but one of our East-coast ponders recently emailed me that she has relocated a HUGE bullfrog she caught with one of her equally huge goldfish in its mouth, which she SAW THE BULLFROG, WITH HER OWN EYES, catch underwater, "no matter WHAT Webfeeet says," if I quote her correctly, lol.

I've not seen that firsthand, but I see no reason a bullfrog couldn't catch a fish underwater if it did it "just so." By the way, the two BF tadpoles I decided to raise in my 10-gallon aquarium here in my little "office" this summer are now about 4" little bullfroggies and snappin'up full-size crickets right and left when I put 'em in there... Just a bit bigger and I'm makin' 'em a covered habitat in an adjacent 5-foot kiddie pool, so they have more room, and I think I'll keep 'em as indoor froggies -- at least for the first year or so -- although I may have to start breeding my own worms to afford feeding them at the rate they're growing, lol (crickets won't be an option with a larger, bird-netting cover).

Happily disagreeing with everybody and nobody in particular!
    :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

I'm gone for 2 days, and all hell breaks loose here!! Of all places!! :D

Agreed, some folks need educatin' when it comes to social skills, and others might be better served strapped to a gurney while being forced to watch Dr. Phil. But the fact remains that the world would be a boring place if everyone thought/felt/acted the same.

To determine Webfeeet's gender, one must look at the size of his/her eyes in comparison to his/her round circle thingie near the ear area (techno speak there)...or maybe it's the size of the pantyhose....I can't remember now!

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL!I had two screens worth of my irritation about some current forum events when I realized that it has all been expressed before by Mike Reed in his Flame Warriors. To my surprise I couldn't get it to come up. Not available. In the hope it is just that so many people are accessing the site, I'll put the link below.
    What is really distressing is that the trolls are being fed. Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Flame Warriors

• ademink
    17 years ago

LOL Brenda!!!

Ok, so still I ask...is Webfeeet gone or something?

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

S/he is probably just reading our opinions, having a good guffaw at our expense. As s/he well should.

*grin*
    :)Mary

• youreit
    17 years ago

I don't think Webfeeet is gone. I'm pretty sure I saw a recent post by hem/hir. I tend to think (when I do such things) that hem's a he-man-type person, but I wish WF would quit hem/hirring around and just put the mystery to rest.

But WF definitely isn't a Flame Warrior. LOL Well...depends on which one. :D

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

OMG Sandy, that site is sooooooooo right on!
    Funny stuff! :)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH