Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ginger kitty and the cicada hatching

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 16:18

The cicadas finally showed up here and Ginger is proving to be an excellent hunter. I have been finding them all over the house. I finally caught her as she was sitting in the hallway telling it to get up and move. Of course as soon as it moves, she pounces and tosses it into the air. This time she tossed it on me. It really did not want to let go of my slacks and Ginger thought it was a great game to tackle my leg. Getting out of the house was interesting with both a stuck on cicada and a pouncing cat. Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ginger kitty and the cicada hatching

Sandy,

That would have made a great video for America's Funniest Home Videos!!

Anne

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 8:33

Good Ginger girl! She would make a good hunting dog. :D

I agree, that would make a GREAT video....you dragging your leg behind you, with cicada and kitty attachments. LOL!!!

Brenda

o

Who are you trying to kid. Ginger Kitty and the cicada are in "cahoots". She wasn't telling it to get up and move. She was telling it "Want to have some fun? As soon as I toss you in the air land on her slacks and cling like velcro". I hear cicadas laughing all the time in the trees around my house. They were just waiting for you to run out the door.

Jenny

o

LOL at all of you! Thanks for my daily chuckle!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 08 at 9:20

I forgot to add that maybe some screaming would help "humor up" the video, Sandy. Clutching at door jams, people, chairs, anything and everything. Fear in the eyes while screaming is always good for a laugh, as well.

For some reason, you don't seem like a screamer to me, though. LOL

Brandy

o

Talk about screamers! Most of the cicadas have been found after enought chirps but Ginger brought one in today that was so loud in it's protest that even Ginger was alarmed. So much so that it was approached with great caution and was touched only with the gentlest of paws, following which, Ginger hid behind the trash container. My word! As soon as Ginger was repulsed, the cicada shut up except for a normal volume chirp of satisfaction. If Ginger approached again there was a warning burr but the real alarm bell only started if there was contact. After I put it outside, Ginger wrapped herself around my ankles and asked for a comforting head rub. Now she only brings in the quiet ones. LOL! Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here