Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Judah is lost!!!!

ademink
16 years ago

I'm just sick. Judah, our sweet boy cat, is lost as of 10pm last night.

Josh didn't see him when he came in last night and he slipped past him and out the door. There were fireworks going like crazy and dogs barking and we haven't seen him since.

He has never been outside for more than 5 minutes (and that is about 3 times in his life), has no claws, wouldn't know a car if he saw one and is very afraid of any people besides me.

I have put up 30 flyers and have searched almost nonstop since he was gone.

I know it sounds trivial, but would you guys please pray that we find him and that he's okay?

I'll keep you posted. :(

Thanks,

Andrea

{{gwi:166786}}

Comments (28)

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

OMG!!!

There is nothing *trivial* about a beloved family member getting lost! :-(

Hope he is found quickly and without delay ... safe and full of stories about his adventures. Does he like catnip or have a favourite toy with a bell? Maybe if you prowl around the neighbourhood he'll come out for you.

Employ a good doggie to track him. That does work even if they are not formally trained to do it! Give them a blankie or bed or brush that has Judah's scent on it and he can be tracked.

Hope the fireworks don't frighten him to flee. He's probably to frightened to wander too far. Did you check in the garage, garden shed, under the vehicles? He may just be hunkered down until Mommy finds him.

Oh Judah! Our prayers are with you and your people that you come home safely RIGHT NOW!

*SIGH*

C3D

• ademink
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks C3D - I am just beside myself!

I have wandered every inch of this neighborhood, through people's yards, under cars, looking in other folks open garages...you name it! He doesn't really have a favorite toy but he comes to the rattle of food in a tin cup so I have been rattling and yelling like a crazy lady for 2 hours last night and since 8am today. LOL

The dog thing is a great idea!!!!! Wonder whose dog I can borrow. My neighbor has bird dogs...I'll bet they could do it. Another one has australian shepherds and they are really smart.

I'm also concerned that someone found him and took him and kept him. I have checked all streets (many busy ones around us) and have not found him...uh...squished...thank GOD. lol

Anyway, thanks again, I"m heading back out to look!

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Compost pile? Under the deck? Hiding up a tree? Hiding under the neighbour's shed or in their garage? In the rafters of the garage? Under the tarp that protects your boat? Your neighbour's boat or other stuff? If he's hiding somewhere he might not come out when you call. Ya need to look everywhere, sometimes with a flashlight, to find where they are hiding.

CRAP! There's so many places for a kitty to hide and they stay hidden until they are good and ready.

Our Paul was missing for three days. We looked everywhere! He was locked up in the neighbour's tool shed. We and the neighbours had checked the shed twice each but he was hiding until he got hungry and thirsty. Then he was meowing sooo loud to get out.

Do you know any police officers that have a dog? I *wish* we were closer to you! Daisy may be crazy, but she can track! The bird dogs should be able to track him really well. Take a pillowcase with you. When you find him put him in there to carry him home. Tie the opening closed. It is easier to transport than a regular kitty carrier and if he gets scared he won't be able to bolt!

If you have an animal emergency hospital near you call and ask if Judah was brought in as a "stray." Alert the local police dept. and ask them to issue an APB for the wandering Judah. The more eyes looking for him the better!

He's not my kitty but I am so worried for him! You too but ... well you know! :-)

Fingers crossed and Judah prayers for a fast and safe recovery!

If I found him I'd take him inside in a half a heartbeat! Ooooooo! Such the handsome kitty!

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Judah? Are you home yet? I have NO fingernails left!!! (I am 113% NOT kidding either!)

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Ah, no, poor Judah - It looks like Indy just got some nasty thunderstorms going through.

Have you tried tuna? Cats can smell that from a long way away.

We lost Bandit for a day but she didn't get any further than the garage. We found her shaking in the corner and refused to move until I was right beside her. I'm surprised she even ventured into the garage, she won't even go outside.

I hope he returns soon!

• ademink
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still gone. I'm just sick about this. We have no garage, no "outbuildings" or anything else he would be hiding in. I have nowhere left to look. We are going to go door to door tomorrow w/ flyers.

thanks - i'll keep you posted

• ademink
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I left the porch door propped open and the light on, like a good Motel 8. LOL

Guess who was on the porch this morning trying to get into the house?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was dirty and hungry but other than that, he is GREAT (and so are we LOL)

Thanks for the prayers and support (and neurotic obsessing, along w/ me LOL) you two!!!!!

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

WoooooooHoooooooooo!

OMG! Judah where have you been?!?!?!?!?

This is BETTER than Mr. Cardinal going free!

I have no fingernails and my face hurts from smiling as I type this with happy tears streaming down my face!

((((((((((((hug for Judah))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((hug for his parents))))))))))))

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Now off to Radio Shack or some other place to get a little BRIGHT PINK kitty backpack with a GPS device in it.

The pink should make him too embarrassed to go out and the GPS will track him down if he does it again. :-)

• comettose
    16 years ago

YEA! WHOOO HOOOO!!! I just read this and I am so happy to see he came home.

I lost a non-outdoor cat for a week once and it was just a few days before her appointment to be spayed. She got out through the drier vent flap. I spinkled the used litter around the perimeter of the yard to provide familiar smells. She came home on her own - pregnant!

Cats know more about their terrain around their home from looking out windows and sitting on the sills. It is the worst when you move and then lose one because they don't know where they are.

Time for Judah to have some therapy for his crazy night out adventure - and some lovin' from Mom is just the ticket:-)

• catherinet
    16 years ago

YAY!!!!!! What a relief! I was so worried! I'm so happy for you and Judah!!

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Soooo glad he's home Andrea! Yep, hugs all around!

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

its friday and i am praying for judah, lol :)

maybe i should read everything first. so glad he is home!

• ademink
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Think he's happy to be home and tuckered out? LOL

{{gwi:171116}}

• comettose
    16 years ago

He is curled in for a good long nap - the DO NOT DISTURB sign is out when they cover their heads like that. I'm glad he's home - what a relief!

• sockmonkeyz6
    16 years ago

Oh, I'm so glad!! I'm glad I didn't see about him missing till he was home! Would've had a migraine over it. Poor kitty, I bet he was scared p--pless with all that noise! Or....maybe he was having the time of his life! Holding sparklers and lighting firecrackers under bedroom windows late at night. When he finally tells you what he did in a few years, (like my kids do) you'll all laugh about it.

• youreit
    16 years ago

Holy crap, I'm SO glad I didn't get to read this until now!! I would have been like others have mentioned - out of my MIND with worry!! When you posted that pic of Judah a while back, I saved it to my computer, Andrea, but I think I better print it out and carry it around in my wallet now. LOL

Thank GOD he's ok!!!!! *group hug* I really do need a tissue, you guys. :D

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

I'm with Brandy on this one. I haven't had time to sit at the computer long in the last few days so I missed this thread. I am so happy Judah found his way home. Once he wakes up, put butter on his paws so when he licks it all off he won't ever go away again. Sandy

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

For a while there, I was wondering if PondmaninFL who I suspect is a closet cat lover had catnapped Judah.

Looking at that last picture, I think clearly Judah lost his head for ever leaving home.

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Did Judah tell you where he was yet? :-)

C3D

• ademink
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OH
    MY
    WORD.

The cat is making us crazy. He yowls and meows almost 24/7 now! WHAT IS GOING ON??? LOL He never stops!

• youreit
    16 years ago

Uh, oh. He got a taste of what the ferals are having! Those scoundrels have turned him on to the wild side of life! LOL

Or...maybe he's just telling you how much he appreciates you now. Yeah, that must be it. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Well Mom, Judah is telling you all about it! Just watch that he doesn't start smoking in his bedroom. LOL!

Oh oh. Sounds like Andrea may be ready to let Judah out! Just two words: NOT AGAIN!

C3D

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just found this old post. Sweet Judah passed over the Rainbow Bridge last week. It was fun to find tales of his exploits when he was a younger man. Thanks for the smiles, old friends. :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• chickadeedeedee
    11 years ago

Sorry to read that! Go play with the angels sweet Judah! :*(

• zinniachick
    11 years ago

Oh for goodness sakes, Andrea. I read this post without looking at the year, was so relieved he was home, then to read your last post... honey I am so sorry you lost your pal. He sure had many good years and your home was a blessing to him, as I bet he was to it.

Shedding a tear for you. xoxo -- Z

• catherinet
    10 years ago

Just saw this thread again Andrea.
    So sorry for your loss! At least you did find him again back in 2007 and you had more years with him. I'm glad you had each other! I'm sure you made each other's lives richer.
    (((hugs)))