Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barry? Was it you?!?!?

Posted by chickadeedeedee z 6-7 ish Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 8, 09 at 18:19

SIGH!

This morning just before leaving for work there was a Robin just outside the bedroom window. He had a fledgling with him. :-) The fledgling was trying to see if the Magnolia leaves were worth eating. And he kept trying!

I called to the Robin: "Barry? Is it you?"

He perked up his head and looked at me but did not fly away.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!x 13!

I went outside and sat on the steps to the back door ... the Robin and his youngster still in the tree.

"Barry? Is that you? You've a charming child! Looks just like you ..." I told him.

The adult Robin flew down and landed not a foot away from where I sat and he started to sing and tell me all about what he has been through over the last days, weeks, months!

Barry? Again ... was it you? Did you bring one of your children so I could see that you had successfully been returned to the wild? Or should I stop drinking a bottle or two of wine a day? ;-)

No matter the reason .... I was blessed once again to be so near these dearest birdies! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barry? Was it you?!?!?

Of course it was Barry. Any other Robin would not have come that close to you. Bet he was looking for some cherries and blueberries.

o

It had to be Barry.. if for no other reason than we all loved him so much!!!!

o

If you love them you have to let them go. If they come back, they love you. Sandy

o

C3D I got all choked up reading this post. I think it very well could have been Barry. I have alway taken the bible quote "The meek shall inherit the earth" to mean that the animals, insects and plants will inherit the earth. I think those people who care and tend to the meek are very special, such as yourself.

Regards,
Lisa

o

Of course it was Barry - he was looking for his cherries !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here