chickadeedeedee

Brenda? You Lookin' For me?

chickadeedeedee
16 years ago

{{gwi:171172}}

Comments (70)

• youreit
    16 years ago

You're KIDDING me!! Has Daisy already passed on her vast botanical knowledge?? What a good teacher she is! LOL LBF sounds like a landscape designer in the making! I think I'll try that petunia trick in my yard. All of my neighbors will be talking!

I'm really still LOLing @ the image of Daisy stuffing things (or trying to) in her mouth!! I would be happy to let her practice on my head, since I don't have any pointy baby teeth. And I have a feeling that Daisy's mouth juice (NOT slobber!) is not unlike a fine nectar. LOL (Ok, that might have had a little "EWWWWwww" connotation....)

Brenda

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Congradulations Mike and Chicka!!! She's beautiful!

And I bet Daisy IS lovin' it! It's soooo much more fun for two to race around the yard with a 10' section of what used to be a 50' hose!

Maybe you should just go with artifical plants?

(Looks like a "Tess" to me:)

S

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Maybe you should name her petunia since she likes them so much LOL. Daisy and Petunia together forever and trying to save everything they can while there is still time!!

Brenda, Daisy juice may be a good hair tonic or moisturizer you just never know till you try! Let us know how it turns out, we may need some too. I have frizz :-)

Brenda, they fined Tony Stewart $25,000 for saying a bad word and they took 25 points from him!!!! That is so unfair because he said the bad word for his fans! What happened to freedom of speech? Couldn't they just have bleeped it out ,they bleep everything else out. #20 outrage over here, they just had to ruin his win. :-(~~~~~~~Bonnie

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ohhhhh ....{{gwi:171173}} ... PLEASE re-read the thread below and lemme know if you still think Daisy juice is a "fine nectar". LOL!

We have tried to capture the moment of kitty stuffing into mouth but none of the photographs do the act justice. We really gotta work on setting up a Daisy-Cam!

Thanks Sarah. She's a lovely puppy. Daisy had to run from her this afternoon and stand in the middle of the wading pool to get away from pointy puppy teeth. LOL!

We can send you a bottle of Daisy nectar if you want to chance it, Bonnie. Maybe read the link below too before you open that bottle. :-)

They can't bleep out Tony's comments because it is not time delayed. They fined Dale Jr. a while ago for swearing during his in-car communication with his crew during the race and they happened to broadcast that the moment it happened. Oops. Now they usually will say something like ..."This is what Jeff Gordon just said to his Crew Chief..." It's already been screened. LOL!

The money from the fines goes to the NASCAR charities, I think, like the camp for children that Kyle Petty created. I don't think they should have taken points from him though. Take away points for someone who has a bout of road rage and causes an accident but not for having potty mouth.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pets are relaxing?!?!?

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ Daisy tonic! Wow, I really think we can blow the infomercial industry wide open with this! Well, except for that simple issue of ONE dead bird....

A dead bird in the mouth is worth....a Daisy in the bucket? Hmmmm, I'll have to work on that.

You know, I'm pretty sure Tony knew what he was doing when he cussed on live TV, but I bet he didn't think he'd get points taken away. Nothing wrong with a little bull...poop. And it's not like it's on broadcast television. It was on cable/satellite! Let 'er rip, Tiger! :D Well, careful with those points, but....let 'er rip! LOL

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Chica, I vote for Petunia! Then you can call her Toonie for short.
    And, my, what an adorable pup... I love her left ear standing up like that.

:) Mary

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Hey Y'all! Im glad the money goes to charity and i did not know that but i hate it they took his points. Maybe he did cuss because he wanted to donate to the charity but i bet he really cussed when he found out they took his points. I really admire him because he could hit people from behind and make them wreck to win but he never hits anybody unless they hit him first, ain't that right Gordon? LOL. Mom likes Gordon and i like Stewart so it can get interesting around here on race day :-)

I haven't read the story yet Chickadee but i will. Im sure its a good one! LOL. If it has to do with mouth juice :-) Thanks for the warning about not opening the bottle yet, i will finish the story first thanks :-)~~~~~Bonnie

• isis_nebthet
    16 years ago

Chicka,

Maya is doing good. About all I hear out of momma is "I love my puppy..." She said a lot of the lip pulled back up.

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she's precious! But looks like double-trouble to me! I think this is going to get really entertaining, looking forward to more Daisy and sidekick stories :^)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Hey C3D! Does the new Nappy camper have a name yet?
    We're anxiously waiting.......

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad that Maya is OK! Thanks for the update. :-)

Here is our latest Camp Nappy camper, Rani (pronounced Ronnie):

{{gwi:171210}}

Rani was holding onto Daisy's ankle this morning and Daisy was walking with this large fuzzy creature attached and growling! Mike told her Hey! Rani! We don't do that at Camp Nappy! LOL! We all started laughing because he said Camp Nappy as though it was nothing out of the ordinary. But Rani stopped growling. She's grown a lot since we've had her! :-)

Her name means elegant Princess and she seems to be just that!

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

I like it ,it rhymes with Bonnie :-) Is she still rescuing stuff with Daisy? I love how you tell about their antics. It always puts a smile on my face. Maybe she was trying to rescue Daisy and Daisy didn't know it. LOL...Puppies are so fun ,and pets are relaxing! She sure is a pretty girl.

Chickadee or anybody, do you know how to edit things on the members page? I have been trying to put my email on for members and my location and zone. It lets me type stuff but then it doesn't save anything and it goes right back to how it was. Very irritating. I thought maybe you all would know a trick to it because you have been members longer than I. So any help would be appreciated :-)~~~~~Bonnie

• youreit
    16 years ago

Awww, Rani! I love the name! And you know...I have to admit that Daisy LOOKS like she'd have delicious ankles...so I really can't blame her for nibbling. The growling MUST have been coming from her stomach after tasting such yumminess, because that face screams innocence. :D

Just look at those ears!! Rani is bat-licious!

Bonnie, hmmmm....strange behavior from GW is not uncommon. The only thing I can think that it MIGHT be (but probably not...) is making sure you check the little box on the sign-in page right before the editing page. I think the box says something like "keep me logged in" or "stay logged in" or something similar. If that doesn't work, you might want to send GW a note ("contact us" link at the bottom of this page). They're usually very prompt in getting things fixed.

{{gwi:170943}}

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Thanks Brenda i will check that out because it is so aggravating. I have seen a lot of really interesting member pages and mine is not one of them, very boring page.
    LOL @ Rani's stomach growling at Daisy's delicious ankles! Very cute picture :-)
    Bonnie

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"Mike told her Hey! Rani! We don't do that at Camp Nappy! LOL! "

LOL! That's me boy!!! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi {{gwi:171173}}.

Daisy has been here since April 2006 and ya know? No one here has ever tasted her ankles. Probably because up until now she has not stayed still long enough to do so.

Anxiously awaiting a copy of your dictionary too. Oooo! Trade you a fuzzy ankle nibble for at least a few pages of the
    {{gwi:171173}}renda-nary

Hi Bonnie. Mike brought home a water lily yesterday and *just* as he was placing the basket into the water, Rani nipped off three leaves! ~sigh~ Why bother?!?!?

Yes my friend Semper I thought you'd like that. If I recall you are responsible for naming our home Camp Nappy and Mike became Nappy, Sir Nappy, and a football-a-holic.

Mrs. Nappy RAH! :-)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Rani is the perfect name for the little princess! May she reign long and proud and bring you much joy! ...Well, at least much more joy than frustration :)

How's the stock market on puppy chow and chew toys? Looks like she'll go through alot of both before she grows into those ears. (That's meant in the nicest possible way, there's not much cuter than a shepherd pup as their ears go up and down and get more expressive!)

S

• youreit
    16 years ago

I can't pass up that deal, Mrs. RAH! You'll get the first copy, and I'll get the first ankle nibble. What a bahgain!

Poor Daisy....I wonder if she senses what she's in for? LOL

{{gwi:170943}}renary quite contrarary...

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Sarah. Puppy food companies are doing well. So are the people who manufacture floor cleaners and paper towels! LOL! We're down to one puppy pee accident a day now. :-)

Rani's ear popped up and stayed up. I'm used to them doing the up - down thing but she has hers up and that's where they stay. She does need to grow into them doesn't she?

Chew toys? We got lots including some unintended ones like my hair, Bruno's neck, Mike's shoe and of course the ever delicious Daisy ankles and ears!

May we present our menu, {{gwi:171173}} ?

{{gwi:171225}}

We have tonight a choice of left or right fuzzy ankles. (Knee's and toes ARE optional.) You may be pleased to know that any selection from this menu will also serve as a very efficient dental floss.

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

I'll have some eggs over 'aisy.

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL !

OMG! Rani was trying to stuff a kitty head into her mouth! Let the corruption and Daisy-fi-cation begin!

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL @ !!!!

Wow, those ankles look like they've been properly tenderized by Chef "Wet Mouth" Rani! For dessert, I'm definitely going with the Daisy Toes! I'd like a Knee to go, and I'll nibble on that later.

Naughty Rani is on the loose! I've never tried kitty noggin, but....*leering @ Pookie, sleeping, innocent, begging to be sampled*

{{gwi:170943}}

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Please drive up to the pick-up window to get your order.

{{gwi:171237}}

Thank you. Please come again.

{{gwi:171240}}

• sheepco
    16 years ago

ROTFLMAO, that last picture clearly says...

"What have you gone and done now Mom and Dad? Really...I was trying to be good... Did you have to bring that brat home?"

(But tomorrow will be fun and games again!)

S (captions-r-us!)

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

"Im so tired and babysitting is soooo hard. Look what she did to my tail. Do you think it will ever be smooth again? Thanks so much for getting her off of me. Will you please brush the baby drool out of my tail. I think I need a leg rub and a nap. I am soooo tired."

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Poor Daisy. She does look tired doesn't she? She does love her little sister though! Won't let her out of her sight. Won't go outside without her and waits for her to come in before she comes in.

The fuzzy fool! LOL! :-)

• youreit
    16 years ago

*LOL @ the pics while smacking my lips* Daisy toots are SO delicious...so fuzzy, glistening with golden hairs! Yummy in my tummy!

I can't get enough of that face, though. I swear I just heard a *sigh* coming from that last pic! LOL She's such a wonderful creature.

Brenda

• sheepco
    16 years ago

So is kitty OK? Just a 'love' stuff and a bit of slobber I hope! No further incidence of head stuffing? Ah, ah...gently please....

If you want maybe I could have Herb send a training tape, he don't stand for no head stuffing thank you very much! Though he wouldn't hurt a lamb, he could maybe give the kitties a tip or 2 on how to avoid head slobbers from good lookin' friendly pups :)

{{gwi:164332}}

(Getting tips from his buddy during last spring training)

• jeanner
    16 years ago

You are all nuts! Crazy, funny, lovable fools (and I am NOT talking about the doggies or kitties)!

Thanks for the smiles :^)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ooooo! Ooooo! Anxiously awaiting a training tape by Herb! :-)

I dunno. I *hope* Pookie is OK! Brenda? LOL!

I was looking at the first happy Daisy picture and then the last one I posted. Poor worn out Daisy. She's got circles around her eyes and she really does look tired!

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

On Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 9:46 poor delusional Youreit wrote:

"She's such a wonderful creature."

HOLY KAMOLE {{gwi:170943}}!!! I thought it was mind-melting HOT here but it must be REALLY, REALLY hot there in Kahliforna!!!

Regan Teresa MacNeil looked like an innocent little creature too before her head started spinning! :-)

-

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL ! You too have seen the change over Miss(y) Daisy.

Before Rani:

{{gwi:171248}}
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After Rani:

{{gwi:171251}}

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

Things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Some of you may already know that sometimes when one takes a picture with a camera, not only a photograph is recorded either via digital media or on film but in some cases up to 13KB of audio may also be recorded along with that photo. Fortunately, I still have access to Patriot Act high clearance resources such as the P3 (Photo Phonetic Parallelism) Project which actually allows us to extract and decipher hidden audio tracks from many digital and even some analog photographs.

I just ran C3D's last photograph through our mainframes and was able to reveal the following:

Here is a link that might be useful: hidden audio track...

• sheepco
    16 years ago

"You are all nuts! Crazy, funny, lovable fools"...

thanks jeanner, I take that as a compliment coming from a fabulous photographer! That's what makes life fun! And since you name your birds...like Mr. Smurf, I expect the guys in the white coats will be checking you out pretty soon too!!

Glad Daisy's happy with the new addition. Give her an extra treat tonight for all the heat she's taken off mom and dad...what a good baby Rani-sitter!!!!

(Now it you could just teach her to wield the paper towels and floor cleaner!)

• youreit
    16 years ago

LMAO! @ Daisy before and after! You know I've got it bad when I save every Daisy pic that's posted, and I have a special Daisy folder (like my old Phat Boy folder & Stray Kitty folder from Andrea's little darlings...).

I LOVE this thread! But now I'm craving some Herb. He is exTREEEEEMely delicious! Just ask the leedle lambikins! :)

Hottie Brandy

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rani is lookin' very Shepherd-y these days. She can't run under Daisy's belly any more either. Rani got too tall.
    {{gwi:171253}}

• sheepco
    16 years ago

OOOOooooo, nice looking pup! MY how we've grown - practically into those ears :)

Is Daisy still keeping her under control or have the tables turned? Or...the unthinkable...they're BOTH going through their terrible twos at once?

Really, she's my vote for the next Little Miss Camp Nappy, to be featured on this fall's brochures and business cards.

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Isn't she sooo gorgeous!

And, Chicka, are you training her as an ATN dog? She looks very trainable to me. She'll be able to subdue the TN in no time. And then lick her into submission. Or beat her up with her wagging tail.

:) Mary

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Oh i love her sooooo much!!! What a gorgeous baby. She is just growing up so fast. What great posture already too. Camp Nappy's police dog, Lieutenant Rani at your service!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL @ Lieutenant Rani! I like it. But to lick the Toxic Neighbour?
    EWWWW! x 13!

TN was **VERY** afraid of Bosco and I have never known a more gentle GSD. We think that just the presence of a GSD will keep TN well away from our fence line.

Rani already walks nicely on a lead, no pulling, sits when we stop... She know to: sit, shake hands (actually we ask:"How do you do?"), come, and the all important "Don't eat the cat!" LOL! She is *very* much an Alpha dog. So is Daisy.

We watched them do their little battle for supremacy yesterday. Nothing evil. Rani was jumping on Daisy and Daisy would knock her over and stand over her. Then Daisy was getting her ankles bitten so Daisy just laid on top of Rani to immobilize her. LOL! That was a great technique, Daisy!

OMG! It IS time for the fall brochures to get sent out! We better start moving on that project.

• youreit
    16 years ago

What an awesome sight that must of been, the 2 darlings romping and playing "Dominatrix13". LOL Rani doesn't even LOOK like the same puppy! Amazing transformation going on there! I'd be more than happy to be the one she practices on, allowing her to hone her nibbling and licking techniques. :D However, my heart will always belong to Daisy. *sigh*

I can't wait for the fall brochures! I'm going to start handing them out at social functions and grocery stores.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What a difference a couple of months made. Rani is now as tall as Daisy and weighs only 3 pounds less!
    {{gwi:171256}}

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!!! Wow, 2 big juicies to cuddle! I've sure missed Daisy girl. Thanks for the fuzzy ear fix, Chicka! And I see some moist lips just screaming for a nibble....*drool*

Brenda

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Wow, grew into those ears really quickly! And they're obviously still keeping each other busy (and tired). Got any plants left? :)

I love her dark coloring....

S

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Plants? Yes, we have plants. Their condition varies. Some of the orchids were plucked from their pots as they had innocently enjoyed a peaceful time outside during the summer. We found *most* of them in various states of mangle-ment.

The ONLY water lilly we had is missing. We have the basket.... shredded ... no gravel that was in it or any sign that some kind of planty thing ever lived inside it.

Water lettuce needed to be thinned over the last week too.

Three azaleas are, uh, made ready for the compost pile. A variegated Japanese Maple was pruned to form a bonsai which we really lacked in the back yard! There are four empty pots in the yard. What was in them? I honestly do not know!

Spider lily ... vanished!

We do have duckweed! :-) Pets are Relaxing!

Going to asphalt the Camp Nappy campgrounds next year. :*-(

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Oh, I think Bonsai are lovely! Good girls!

If you start thinking about artificial plants, the real thing is easier to digest or throw up, no need for surgical removal :) :) And alas chewing on asphalt can be sort of hard on the teeth......(Smile)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

US?!?!?
    {{gwi:171258}}
    {{gwi:171260}}

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!!! LOVE those pics! Such pretty girls! Their innocence is so very apparent. :D Gangly puppies are so adorable, and I really love Rani's dark coloring. After seeing that first pic, I'm wondering if Rani has bat in her lineage. LOL

Hey, I like bonsai, too! LOL

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! I betcha she does have a hint of bat in her lineage. Her sire just won the title of best GSD at a specialty show in Canada. He looks very Bosco-ish too. The breeder wants us to show her. Yep! In our spare time that's exactly what we'll do. We just wanted a nice puppy and that's what we got. :-)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

WOW....she's a beauty (Daisy too!)

And yeah LOL, go for it! Show her between work, home life, running errands, animal rescue and rehabilitation, etc, etc, etc. I understand it's not much work....LOL!! Never done it myself, but my Aunt got addicted with her Cheasies - years of training and thousands of $$ later (sort of like ponding), she has 3 pretty well behaved, well titled (bench, obed, and field) boys. The neutered one is on Prozac....hmmmm, training ain't everything.

Don't take that wrong though, I'm thinking Rani looks like a winner even though I don't know much about GSD!