Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can we still post pics within the post?

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 19:43

Hi all,
I haven't been able to post pictures like I used to. I would go to photobucket and click on "tag", but now it seems I have to click on URL link. Is there a way to have the picture come up with the text, instead of a link? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can we still post pics within the post?

How much do you know about HTML?

Scott

o

Cathy, yeah copy and paste the HTML line, it works. I thought I was the only crazy person that was missing something...it used to work. Apparently I don't keep up with my photobucket updates!

PS: Scott, "I know no'ting, no'ting" (think 'Schultz' - german accent ;0) Seriously, I'm a computer idiot and can barely function even WITH everyones good advice. I have no idea what HTML stands for, what it's supposed to do, or when/why/how it's used. Even with instructions I can't do bold, italics, or underlining. Duh, I may never learn...

o

Sheepco Im just like you! Im not alone anymore! What a wonderful feeling :-) Im new here and you just made my day!---------bonnie

o

Hmmmm. PLEASE let me assure Sarah and Bonnie ... If I can learn it anyone can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The HTML code thingy...
b = bold

i = italics

u = underline

center =

center

Take the letter or word for the style you want and place them between these things: <>

Add the word or phrase you want after the first set of those bracket thingies then close it with the letter or word for the HTML inside the <> but place back slash / in front of the letter or word.

Sorta like this ... but more compacted:

<

b

>sweet sweet Kramer

<

/

>

would be sweet sweet Kramer

Ya know what I mean? :-)

o
HTML Code Thingy

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkk! I botched that up! LOL!

It should read:

<

b

>sweet sweet Kramer

<

/

b

>

LOL! Yep! I'm a teacher!

o

Thanks everyone.
I noticed that photobucket added another line under the pictures, but I never figured out what it was for.
Thanks everybodies!

o

Okay Chickadee i still dont get it!!! Im hopeless :(--------going to print this off and see what happens. If you never hear from me again i blew up my computer! LOL------bonnie

o
HTML Stuff

< x >Yaddayaddayadda< / x >

Insert the letter: b or i or u or the word center instead of the x in the above and bring the little arrow thingies in closer without a space. That should give you the style you want.

OK?

I'll getcha through this Bonnie! We can do it! LOL!!!

You could also RIGHT click on your mouse and select PAGE SOURCE. If you read down and find Scott's post, or mine you will see how the post was made with the code thingies.

WE CAN DO THIS BONNIE! WE CAN DO THIS SARAH! :-)

o

Hi Chicka did i do it?

o
Chicka?

Yeah i think i did do it!!!! How do i get it back normal?

o
RE: Can we still post pics within the post? paragraphs?

How do you start a different paragraph instead of running it all into one big one?------bonnie

o
Bonnie. The HTML Code Thingy Expert!

WoooooooHoooooooooooo! You go girl!!!!! :-)

Another paragraph is just spacing by pressing the ENTER key a time or two and the line

will

drop

down! :-)

o

Thanks Chickadee!

Oh thats great!!!!

Bonnie :)

o

You're welcome!

:-)

o
More, More, must learn more!

Chicka how did you do it all together like that? Italics, bold and in the center. More ,more teach me more! :-)---------bonnie

o

String them all together in what ever order you like but you need to end them in the same order.

Center...bold...italics Yaddayaddayadda italics...bold...center

o

Testing one, two...

wooohooo! Thanks chicka!

But how do we get back to normal again?

o

WoooooooHoooooooo Sarah!

Once you have closed all the arrow thingies < / x > then

you should be able to go back to the regular script.

Tomorrow's lesson ... changing colours and size! LOL!

o

Hello computer people we are learning thingies.

o
Chicka Chicka

Chickadee i still dont understand how to stop it. If you only want one (word) in bold how do you stop it after the one word. Mine just keeps on going and going do you do the thingies again <> or what? We love you, thanks for helping us! You are so kind :-)--------bonnie

o
Code thingies

Hi Bonnie.

Hmmmm. Let's try this....

Oh what sad times are these when passing Ruffians can say NI! at will to old ladies.

Oh what sad times are these when passing < x > Ruffians
< / x > can say < x > NI! < / x > at will to old ladies.

Insert a b or i where the x is between the arrow thingies. < > and bring them together like you did before.

C with 3 Ds :-)

o

You guys will be writing java script in no time!

o

ppph, changing colors! i don't think i have that on my cheatsheet webpage i found.

o

This is a test from Sarah.

Alright! :) :)

o

oooooooooooooRAH!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 12:49

FTM, that *pointing up to Chicka, a la Brady Bunch* is this

< center >< font size=5 >< b >< font color=red >oooooooooooooRAH!< /font >< /b >< /font >< /center >

I think I just sprained the middle finger of my right hand. :D

Way to go, ladies!!! We have to save this thread at all costs. LOL

(Side note to Chicka - Don't you hate that when you're trying to explain something, then mess up, and you're sure you've lost their attention, because they think you're drunk or on drugs, but you just mistyped, and you're sure you can get it right on your 2nd chance, so you keep trying and....well, don't ask me how I know this....)

LOL

Brenda

o

Oh what sad times are these when passing Ruffians can say NI! at will to old ladies! Chickadee thats wonderful! The / stops it! Yeah, yeah,yeah! Thank you sooooo much! Now how much do i owe you for the lesson? LOL...Can i pay you in birdseed? ---------bonnie

o
The OoooooooooooooRAH post

Hey thanks Barney for explaining howz to post a hearty

oooooooooooooRAH!

*~*~*Wish I knew how that Semper fella attaches music or cricket chirping to a thread! ((Hint. Hint. Hint.))*~*~*

Is it that obvious I'm on drugs AND alcohol?!?!?!? :-)

Hiya Bonnie. I'm so happy I was able to help out. Oooooo! Birdseed would be lovely! LOL!

3D Chick

o

NOW we're cookin'!

S

o

OOOOOOOORAH!!!

Thats kinda hard for my putty brain! LOL... At first i didnt get red then i went back and put spaces in between my words and then i got red. Think i sprained something too. But im not going to whine. Putty Brain wants more, more, more!!! please :-)-------bonnie

o
RE: Can we still post pics within the post?Blue

Blue,blue, blue--------wahooooo to blue!!!! :-)

o
RE: Can we still post pics within the post?Hello?

Hey, where is everybody? I'm lonely out here all alone.

Hello? I'm seeing green before my eyes. I might be sick *_*

Hello? Anybody out there? Do you like my green? :-)-----Bonnie

o
RE: Can we still post pics within the post?THANKS

Thank you Brenda and Chickadeedeedee!!!

You all RULE!!

o
WoooooooHoooooo!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Bonnie, Sarah, Brenda RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

C3D

o

Thanks for the lessons C3D! ...hope we haven't attracted the attention of the guys in the white coats again with all the commotion... :0)

o

< font color=red >oooooooooooooRAH!< /font>

oh yeah, oh yeah!

o

Glad I was able to type some while in softly padded restraints.

There are a few sites that give you a number code for all sorts of shades of red and blue and everything else. I had them somewhere but can't find them right now. Killer migraine is commin'. :-(

Oh oh. Medication time.

o

Oh NO Chicka! I hate those. I live on excedrin migraine at least a week out of every month. Mine were last week so maybe the next three weeks will be okay for me. Im so sorry for you :-(

Please feel better soon and dont get excited or upset about anything, it will only make it so much worse for you.

So sorry Chickadee :-(-------bonnie

o

Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 12:07

Sorry about your migraine, Chicka.

Brandy *tip-toeing out*

o

LOL Brandy! I like how you made the print really tiny! :-)

Migraines and Me. That could be a series of books larger than the World Book Encyclopedia. I think I am on medication to control migraines #13 + by now. My ~usual~ breakfast has been 2-3 Excedrin Migraine pills for over a year plus a variety of other meds in addition at times. I can't take the Excedrin now because it was doing a variety of bad stuff to me.

Oh well. Thanks for the sympathy! It seems very strange to not have a migraine and then I can't really enjoy that because there is the fear that it will be back! And it does not disappoint because it's just around the corner having a smoke. LOL!

3D Chick

o

Oh chickadee Im sooooooo sorry, i have them too and they SUCK!!! I feel so guilty sometimes because i just cant do anything because of the pain and i have to mix excedrin tylenol and ibuprofen and go to bed for a day. Thank goodness my family understands and dont blame me or call me lazy. Its bad for them too because sometimes they want to do stuff or play and i just cant because of the banging in my head. Will there ever be a cure for it. So many people have it and suffer like we do. Then there's some people that never even have headaches. My Dr. told me i had stress headaches because sometimes they are in different spots but i know they are migraines and she doesn't feel what i do. So i live on excedrin. What did it do to you? Im often scared im killing my liver but i dont know what else to do about the pain. I truly understand and hope you feel better soon. Maybe its the Drugs AND Alchol so you might need to pick one or the other :-) Just kidding. Hope you feel better soon, Hugs---------bonnie

o

Hi Bonnie. Sorry you have the migraines too. They do SUCK! Excedrin Migraine makes my ulcer worse and some chest pain. I like how on the Imitrex directions it says to lay down in a dark quiet room for three to four hours and rest. LOL! If I could lay down in a dark quiet room for three to four hours and rest I wouldn't be needing to take the Imitrex!

Gotta start drinking so I won't know I have a headache. :-)

C3D (Chicka 3 Drinks)

o

So sorry for the migraines guys! My sisters SO is totally down and out once a week with it, has done everything...Mayo, MN Headache Clinic (or whatever it's called), accupressure, accupuncture, diet , drugs...he's injecting himself with a drug (for the last several years) that works, but is VERY health conscious and worried about the amount he has to use. I hope medical research can help you all soon!

S

(Hope it wasn't us that started this round!) I can only imagine the disfunction it can cause in your lives...

o

Have any of you tried the oxygen treatments for cluster and migraine headaches? I have two friends that have had great success with it, one has migraines and the other has cluster headaches.

I can only imagine what they are like but I do know how dehabilating just "plain" headaches can be. My sympathies!

This link primarily mentions cluster headaches but google "oxygen treatment migraines" and you will find other references.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oxygen treatment for cluster and migraine

o

Ohhhh so sorry there are so many migraines and headaches out there. Seems my ~normal~ is having a migraine and has been for at least five years. Need to look into the oxygen treatment. We do have oxygen here (long story) but now generally use it for our concussion patients or the emergencies people bring to our home.

~~~~~> Sorry this drifted off the topic Cat.

C3D

o

Jean thanks for the article, it said that 50% of patients responded so thats pretty good in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time and looking it up, thats real sweet :-)

Really sorry that we got off subject, hope your not mad at us ,we like to jabber :D-----------bonnie

o

Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 12:12

I'm real sorry so many of you are suffering with migraines! I can't even imagine, since as Jean mentioned, just a regular headache drives me insane (more than the usual insanity). My mom used to have those light show ones, with the nausea, etc. Not sure what those are called. After I quit stressing her out with my teenage shenanigans, they stopped, so they must not have been migraines. :D <---*guilty grin*

I hope something works for you all some day (soon!), be it oxygen or something else! :(

Brenda

o

Hi Bonnie. I don't think there are any strict rules here in the Ponds. Most people are very nice and don't get in a tizzy over much. (Just don't ever mention rocks on the bottom of a pond. LOL!)

You Brandy? Teenage shenanigans? I can't imagine! Well ... Maybe a little. :-)

Hmmmm. The < img src= thingy from Photobucket still will post a piccy.

o

Chickadeedeedee is that Bosco? I just read about him last night and cried and cried. I didnt know where i should post about it because i didnt want to make you sad :-( and bring it all up again. So i just answered your post in bluebirding and talked there. Im digging up stuff on these pages and hope it doesnt bother anyone, But you all talk about great stuff and pictures and stories and my family is forgetting what i look like, they even said the word neglect. My sons after me NOW and so is my hubby but i dont want to watch TV, I like to read and talk and look up stuff.

o
Cute bird video on the bird watching forum

There is a video on the bird watching forum that says "cute video" and it is hilarious. If you love chickadees and titmice you will love that video. I laughed soooo hard and watched it 4xs. I dont know how to move it over here but it is so funny. Totally off the subject sorry again i get excited :-0----------bonnie

o

Hi Bonnie. Yep that's our Bosco. We were hand raising kittens at Camp Nappy. The orange one is Giovanni and the black and white kitten is Zorro. Bosco was always close to the kittens making sure they were safe and not getting into trouble. Or drying out. He kept licking them. LOL!

That video is great! Thanks Bonnie. :-)

o

Sun, Jul 22, 07 at 11:35

Awww, Bosco! Such a handsome devil! He looks so soft and cuddly. I had "shenanigans" on the brain, and I at first thought, Hey, there's my Daisy! LOL I almost missed little Giovanni in the pic!

Wish I had a faster connection to view that video, Bonnie, but I bet it's a good'un. I LOL'd @ your "neglect" comment, though!!! Very funny stuff. And Chicka is right about posting here. Let 'er rip! :)

Brenda

o

Brenda im so sorry you cant see it ,it is so funny. I will explain it a little bit. It is the music to Funky Town its a fast beat and it is a feeder camera catching chickadees and tufted titmouse at the feeder eating. But they put it to the music and speed it up and it looks like the birds are dancing and getting jiggy with it. The titmouse is the main character and the chickadee dances along and drums with his beak. Its really cute. And it is real pictures i think they put to video ,its not computer make believe. Its the titmouse being dominant over the feeder and the chickadee looking for danger and cracking seeds but it looks like they are dancing and drumming, very funny, I wish you could see it.-------bonnie

o

Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 10:39

Oh, that sounds hilarious!! I can totally hear that song in my head now, too, and I probably won't be able to get rid of it. LOL It's ok, some day I hope to have high-speed internet, whether it becomes available out here in the boonies, or we move to where it is...and then I'll probably be getting a lot of the "neglect" comments, too. :D

Brenda

o

Brenda, your mom's headaches can have been migraines. Many migraines have some link or other with female hormones - mine did - and at about the same time that one's children grow out of teenagehood, the hormones taper off and the migraines slowly improve right along. It isn't necessarily the teenagers that cause the headaches!
Although it might suit us to tell them so... *evil cackle*

:) Mary

o

Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 11:54

LOL!! Thanks for the info, Mary! Next time Mom guilts me, I'll be sure to point out some things. LOL Just kidding! I WAS pretty bad....:(

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here