Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catfishsam

Do you use a spell checker?

catfishsam
17 years ago

My Google Toolbar has a spell checker built into it so it is easy to make sure I don't misspell any words and works well with Garden Web.

I never know when I might run onto a retired English teacher that will check my spelling and give me a hateful remark. Hey, don't laugh, it has happened to me more than a few times. LOL

So do you have a spell checker and do you use it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Tool Bar

Comments (22)

• kinggraham
    17 years ago

LOL, people that correct spelling or proper grammar on the net have no lives

• lilllly
    17 years ago

Thanks Sam. I two hat to make typos or mispellings in pasts, but don't feel along in the spelling dept, most of us make those mistake on a doily basis.
    I'm a farmer teacher, and i'd sore be reed fast if anywon goat nasty abut it.
    Lil

• missa7
    17 years ago

So Lil, how hard was it to type that with all those, I'm assuming deliberate, mistakes? LOL
    I giggled.

• lilllly
    17 years ago

I used a spell check but it only picked up one word! :-)
    Lil

• kinggraham
    17 years ago

oh, original poster...you forgot a comma. might waqnt grammar check too.

and how does LOL turn out in the spell check or for your teCHER for that matter?

• vaderbanger
    17 years ago

wuz a spell checkers

lol
    i dont use any, i dont care how i spell. i kinda talk in slang, ya know cuz im cool like dat

• kinggraham
    17 years ago

keep up wit da times i guess and evolve like da rest

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sometimes *sigh* I'm extraordinarily dyslexic. It puts a limitation on my ability to write well and effectively. It takes longer to spell check than write the actual post. You should see my handwriting! I've actually played with the idea of going back to school when my DH has a less intense school schedule. I think enrichment classes in English grammar and Calligraphy would help quite a bit. (I made 3 mistakes on this post alone! EEEKKK!) PJ

• kinggraham
    17 years ago

sometimes i assume folks know how to spell but small keys and poor lit areas hinder the ability, i dont know call me crazy, most can appreciate fST TYPE AND SPELLING/GRAMMAR ERRORS oh my caps, im too lazy

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Sorry, I must have dozed off. This thread to has to do with ponds???

• vaderbanger
    17 years ago

hey yeah i just realized that
    this is a pond forum!! now teach yer koi to spell!
    or is it Mckoi?? that still was the best post ever

• lilllly
    17 years ago

Alright sheepco don't get your lily pads twisted. The pond's pea green soup just became alphabet soup. :-)

• lisa11310
    17 years ago

Dyslexs and bad spellers of America UNTIE!
    Lisa

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Good one Alisa!(Sorry couldn't help it!) LOl.PJ

• garyfla_gw
    17 years ago

Hi
    Doesn't work very well on Latin lol I once actually used the term "specie and Speciman" lol I thought for sure I was going to be arrested !!lol
    gary

• shane
    17 years ago

i used hookt on foniks sew most peepl no whut im saying any how.

Shane

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

I'm a grate spiller, I jest make miztakes ones in a wile wen I tipe fast or am tarred. I uzed to wurrie butt I dont kare enymor. We's all fiends hear and understaind eech other jest fyne.
    Luv Dobbie

• youreit
    17 years ago

"Alright sheepco don't get your lily pads twisted."

That snot bery nyse.

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Brenda, this is off the topic, almost, sort of, but, I have a poem for you. One of my all-time favorites, here recited especially for you, girl!

Hgrrmm. (clearing my throat)

^ ^ My nose is runny
    ^ ^ when I kiss my honey
    ^ ^ you may think it's funny
    ^ ^ but it snot.

(taking a bow)

:) Mary

*Btw, thanks for the KF action!*

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

love it, mary!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! Thanks so much, Mary! We need a little (ok, a LOT) of that lately, it seems, huh?

*Oops, KF was a typo! Realization after the fact, but no matter now. :D No, I didn't use a spell checker for that. ;)*

Brenda "Snot Nice"

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm starting to feel normal... :^) PJ

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations