Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

Metamorphosis of Kramer

chickadeedeedee
17 years ago

Some of you may have seen this series in an earlier post ~some where~.

{{gwi:171298}}

{{gwi:171299}}

{{gwi:171310}}

{{gwi:171311}}

{{gwi:171312}}

{{gwi:171313}}

{{gwi:171314}}

**All photographs are copyrighted to C3D, NOT iVillage/ GW!**

Comments (11)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

love your choice of words, chicka! very appropriate. :)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

He's growing up to be a real beauty. Pat yourself on the back, C3D.:) Sandy

• youreit
    17 years ago

Kramer's like a rock star around here! He should be on the cover of Tiger Beat. Ok, I think that last comment just showed a) how old I am, and b) that I truly am a dork. :D

Cuddles for Kramer!!!! (And a kiss for those LIPS!)

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kramer .... a rock star? (asks his best friend Niko)

{{gwi:171315}}

Coooooooooooool !

{{gwi:171316}}

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

oh my gosh! i just love those tufts on the back kramer's head! perfect angle.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Amen, FTM!! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. He has nicer "tufts" than Elvis!

So handsome. *sigh*

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Wow Chicka, you sure captured the metamorphosis!
    I'm sorry I missed another post you mentioned, but I have to ask what kind of bird is he? Very handsome and very manly for sure with his Rod Stewart hair tufts!

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Ahhh, look at that! I don't believe I've ever seen the whole series, what are the time frames between the pictures? And how is bub doing these days?

I don't know why but the title of this post reminded me of the show on Taxi that showed the metamorphosis of the straight-laced-college-student Jim Ignatowsky after eating a brownie with a "special" ingredient. Anyone else remember that one? Superb acting.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How cute! I love his fluffy head too. Your Green-cheeked is really pretty! PJ

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kramer is a starling. A police woman who was doing EMT training found him on the ground under a huge nest (likely hawks) along with bits and pieces of other birds. He probably was dropped while awaiting, uhh, processing?

The lady brought him to me and he was very cold and dehydrated. He had a couple of wounds too. We gave him warmed IV fluids, oxygen and treated him for shock. He stopped breathing twice and got medication IV to kick start his breathing too. We worked on him for one solid hour and in His mercy, God allowed us to work on this baby bird undisturbed for that one hour. Not a single phone call! Not a single person or patient came to the hospital until that hour was up and he was stabilized and had been stuffed with warm baby bird cereal too. :-)

The first photograph is Kramer the following morning after he arrived. He looked like he was smiling. LOL!! So our daily routine of travel to and from work began. One of the technicians at the animal hospital saw the fuzzy head and said he looked like Kramer from Seinfeld. And so he was named Kramer.

We took photographs of Kramer every day to document his growth and amazing transformation. What I posted here is just a few, but you get the idea. I believe the full series has about 25 pictures and were posted at a non GW site.

We raised lots of baby birds and always thought how quickly they change and grow. With this fellow, we had the fore thought to take his pictures not knowing exactly what kind of bird he was until there was no doubt! LOL!

Kramer and the Green-Cheeked Conure and the Orange-winged Amazon were all best friends.

Bub is doing very well. Thanks for asking. She \*\*LOVES\*\* to play with birdy toys that have little bells! She likes raspberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries, a baby bird cereal concoction, vanilla wafers, orange muffins, BilJac dog food, Pedigree dry dog food that has been soaked so it is softened. Bub also likes to BITE! She is still a Grackle. 3DChick
  • youreit
    17 years ago

That's so funny, Jean! I was going to post that the title (as well as the bird himself!) reminded me of Seinfeld's Kramer, and there it is! LOL

I'm so glad that Bub is well enough to bite! That's because she's not biting me, of course. :D

Brenda

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm