Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Random Act of Kindness Please

Posted by chickadeedeedee z 6-7 ish Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 07 at 20:29

I have a few orchids and generally lurk at the GW Orchid forum. I saw this post ~Gone~. I thought that perhaps some people here would be able to make a Random Act of Kindness to help someone in need.

I have shamelessly copied the following from the link the Orchid people created and pass it along:

".... We Respectfully Ask:

- The GW post concerning "Howard's Light" not be bumped or responded. Many people vacation at this time of year& may not visit GW regularly. The post will be bumped when the time is right.

- That any questions be directed at the Howard's Lights link and not on the boards..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*** So please ... do not respond to this thread here or bump it up as the Orchid forum had requested in their forum. Please do check for updates at the GW Orchid forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe consider helping.

C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: Howard's Light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Random Act of Kindness Please

So Chickadeedeedee............do I understand this right? .....Howard was living in an illegal apartment, and for some reason, out of fear that it would be found out, his landlord threw all of his stuff out?

o

SIGH

So Cat .... As I understand it his apartment was flooded and when he returned 100% of his belongings were gone. Why? I dunno. You would have needed to direct that question to the Orchid people for more information or at the link I posted.

Oh well.

o

Sounds like what he really needs is a good lawyer but it sounded like he was not interested in engaging in a battle.

My SIL gave me one of those indoor greenhouses, the type with 3 wire shelves and a plastic cover and six of those 18" strip lights. I was going to use them for seedlings but the lights are too dim. I THINK she used them for orchids though. Is that something he could use or are those greenhouses any good for orchids? Are the lights for orchids typically low-light? I wouldn't want to send something that he couldn't use.

o

I dunno Jean. I don't *do* lights and 90% of what the orchid people do. You could use the ~Howard's Lights~ link and ask them.

I know as much as you about what was posted. I just thought this fellow could use as much support as he can get. It was very sad to read what had happened.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 11:37

Uhhh, I don't think we were supposed to post on this thread.

"*** So please ... do not respond to this thread here or bump it up as the Orchid forum had requested in their forum. Please do check for updates at the GW Orchid forum."

I'll post another one if you like, Chicka, so you don't get in trouble for multiple postings. :D

(I think we could all use some) Brandy

o

Thanks for the offer Miss Brenda Brandy. Me getting in trouble? See the concern in my eyes? Didn't think so. LOL! :-)

The thread can drop or do whatever. I do not know this person in need at all but was moved by his problem and thought someone here may feel the same. If he gets help from here that's great! If not, he's got the Orchid people to help as much as they are able.

***IF*** anyone has questions, PLEASE send them to the Orchid Forum or the Howard's Lights link 'cause I dunno any more than any one else about this. Just trying to spread the word a bit. :-)

C3D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here