Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new (pet) rock...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 22:02

Hi gang.... been gone awhile but only YOU can appreciate my new rock. I posted a couple photos in the gallery.

I was forced to barter 3 native (that's MN native) rain dances that must each produce greater than 1/4" of rain in exchange for moving that sucker. So far Mother Nature has come through, though I WILL swear it was my doing! (I think we're finally getting enough good moisture this year - NOT my doing :) ) The crops around here look great, the grass still needs to be mowed weekly, and the veggies are fabulous - except for the first year I have that blossom end rot in my tomatoes - I read that's a calcium deficiency, anybody know?

Also, anybody do Dock Dogs? I think my Kate would love it even with only three legs (for fun, not competively) so I'm researching it. The clip below is from an event in Hawaii that has some footage of Julie and her Chessie 'Caddis' - one of the top in the nation. She's a friend of my aunt. Would like your input if you've even seen or done it. Unfortunately there aren't many opportunties to see them in action here in rural MN.

S

Here is a link that might be useful: Dock Dogs Video

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new (pet) rock...

"I think my Kate would love it even with only three legs (for fun, not competively) so I'm researching it."

Don't let that missing leg fool you Sarah. Our beloved Troy had 3 legs for the last 5 years of his life and I swear he was faster and more agile with 3 than he was with 4. I think that 4th leg was slowing him down!

:-)

o

Well sure, I've always suspected that dogs were born with an extra! Kate is a better swimmer than my 2 goldens by far.

Nice to "see" you, S

o

Love that rock!

Gotta laugh at the dock dogs. They do love it. It reminds me of our Lady, a purebred, rescue Dalmatian. Until she broke down the bathroom door and tried to "rescue" me from the bathtub, we had no idea she had been trained as a swimmer. When we moved to an area of Wisconsin with lots of lakes and rivers, she was in heaven.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here