Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

In memory.....

sheepco
17 years ago

He is your friend, your defender, your dog.

You are his life, his love, his leader.

He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

--Unknown

{{gwi:171470}}

In memory of my "Gus" 9/5/93 - 7/20/06.

Comments (17)

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry sheepco. He lived to a respectable age for a Corgi didn't he? Was he a working guy? He sure was handsome. My sympathies to you, I know the pain of losing a "best friend".
    Debbie

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Oh Sarah. I bet your heart is breaking. Mine is hurting for you.
    Here's a big hug.

(((((big hug)))))

Hang on to the good memories.

Love, Mary

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

My heart goes out to you.

((((BIG HUG))))

• youreit
    17 years ago

Oh, Sarah. I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was so beautiful. *HUGS*

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

gus has such a regal stance in that photo! i am very sorry, sarah.

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for your hugs and kind words, yesterday was tough. He died of congestive heart failure.

He was a working dog - at his own pace. He would rather herd people than sheep, and mostly too and from the cupboard where the food was kept.

He did have one old ewe he hated, and whenever he could get close enough he'd grab her by the wool on her forehead and shake it :)
    Sorry, got to get another tissue.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Your Corgie was so beautiful! I'm sorry for your broken heart and glad he had such a wonderful home. Corgies are very close to being the perfect dog. Small enough to cuddle,the "big dog" personality,smart but not hyper,and so easy to train! PJ

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Oh. I am so sorry! :-(

Gus looked VERY distinguished, intelligent and a love! Maybe he's playing with our Heidy Foo Foo now. She had CHF too.

Kindest regards to you and yours from me and mine.

C3D

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PJ, your description fits Gus to a 'T'... And add funny. He was one of the most humerous dogs I've ever had the pleasure of being owned by. Looks, character, expressions and deeds. No wonder the Q of E has corgis!

Again thanks to all, you, along with my friends at work have made this day easier. C3D, I think all our well-loved pets that have died and hopefully all the homeless strays too, are happy and content. Imagine what it will be like when we humans get to meet them all again in the great beyond? Chaos, but what wonderful chaos... a million wagging tails, kneading paws and purrs rich and deep...

Sarah

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

and tail wags will feel like feathers instead of baseball bats, and kneading paws will caress as a soothing cleansing breeze, instead of acupuncture with barbed wire :)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

sheepco,actually your thread has put tears in my eyes. My Corgi mix passed away last summer and it still makes me sad to think about him. He was such a good dog. He was my first dog I ever owned as an adult on my own. I loved him so much! PJ

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

Aw, jeez...

So sorry, Sheepco. Rest his dear soul.

fondly,
    Zinnia

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Please add my condolences .... take comfort in knowing he had a good life, protected and loved by you. It's hard to lose a family member, but worth the grieving in the end.

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

I feel with you, too, Sarah. Gus looks like one fine puppydog. That's the ONLY downside to "geing owned by a dog" (I like the way you put it); they just don't live long enough.

You have your memories, and I know how precious those can be, as they are for me.

Take care,
    Jeff

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sunday my folks and I planted a weeping willow in his honor...never could pass up an excuse to plant another tree...so the cycle has come full circle. But I still miss the little bugger every day, and can't bring myself to take down the 'Corgi Crossing' sign from my driveway.

Thanks again for all your thoughts for me, it is really nice to know people care. I shouldn't be surprised, you pond and plant people have huge hearts!!!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

sara! you don't have to take down that corgi crossing sign. gus may not need it for protection anymore, but i'll bet it is fun to run circles around while chasing long lost sheep.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Awww, FTM, you took the words right out of my keyboard!

This winter, I'd love to see pics of your willow, Sarah (for the Winter Pics thread that'll be here). Even though it's probably small now, good things come in small packages. :)

Brenda