Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryo_nh

SEMPER!!! Only a few minutes left and then...

maryo_nh
17 years ago

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!!!!!!!

:) Mary

Comments (32)

• ademink
    17 years ago

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We love you Semper Fi!!!!!!!!! You are a delight on this forum and a joy in our lives. *BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS ....and a farting noise just b/c you love sound effects LOL*

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

HAPPY B-DAY! Take a dip in your pond in your birthday suit, but don't post pictures!!
    Debbie

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

*standing ovation and tooting horns* happy b-day, semper!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Ditto:D Sandy

• horton
    17 years ago

All the Best Semper, from the RCG, the mislead minnions at the Ministry of Misinformation and of course all of the Maple Syrup production crews throughout the Great White North.
    As we are frequently known to say in the RCG, "'ave a Wunnerrful Bird-day",
    Mogali, Adj., RCG. MoM & MSP, Etc, etc, etc.

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

You shouldna squeezed him so hard, Andrea. :)

Happy birthday, Semper! We missed you at Rock the Fish II last Friday, but you were there in spirit. Specifically, I believe you were there in the 110-gallon filter emptied and filled with ice and beer.

fondly,
    Zinnia

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! Just look at what a great bunch of wackos care about you, Fig eye!

Birthday blessings, wishes, parties (yes, more than one), and a multiple frog toot salute from Cali-Cali-not-Mexicali!

Dandy Brandy

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday from Camp Nappy! :-)

• hnladue
    17 years ago

WooHoo!!! All in line for the spankings!!

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to Maaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrk
    Happy Birthday to yooooooooooooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

...And many mooooooooooooooooooore!

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Sincerest apologies Mark (with just a little evil grin) but I find this an interesting if not disturbing coincidence.

Americans have The 4th of July; the French have Bastille Day. On July 14, 1789, an outraged group of Parisians stormed the Bastille, a fortress and prison in France where prisoners of influence were held, in hopes of capturing ammunition.

Shortly thereafter, King Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette took refuge in Versailles as the violent peasants pillaged and burned châteaux, and destroyed records of feudal dues; this reaction is known as the grande peur (great fear).

For the peasant class, the Bastille stood as a symbol of the hypocrisy and corruption of the aristocratic government - controlled mostly by nobility and clergy. This important event marked the entry of the popular class into the French Revolution.

The French recognize Bastille Day as the end of the monarchy and beginning of the modern republic . The lasting significance of the event was in its recognition that power could be held by ordinary citizens, not in the King or in God.

Today, Parisians celebrate this national holiday with a grand military parade up the Champs Elysées, colorful arts festivals, and raucous parties marking the holiday. Uncork a bottle of wine, pop in a Jacques Dutronc CD, and join the celebration!

The FRENCH are celebrating your birthday! Things that make Nappy, now demoted to 'y, go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

(Sorry. I HAD to point that out!)

'y

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday! PJ

• pondmaninfl
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday!!

I hope it is a good one, my brother.

G'day,
    Scott

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Ah geez, I'm always late.

And I got nothing!

Except sincere wishes that you had a good one.

We miss ya, Semper.

Jean

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Thanks boyz & girlz! BUT, you do realize that ya'll are a few months early (or late if you are the glass half-empty type) right??? It sez so {{gwi:171471}} on "My Page" on GW... and it has said so since early June. MaryO, you Teufelhund!

Poo3, PLEASSSSSE don't quit your day job!!! :-)

Sir ' in zone 6-7ish Ohio, I'm warning you that any further slander will be {{gwi:171480}}

• ademink
    17 years ago

LOL...why are we wishing you a HBD then?

• horton
    17 years ago

So we don't have to come out of hibernation, to do it in January, eh Mary?
    It makes it simple,Semper can just copy and save all of these birthday salutations and then bring them up on New Year's day, when the enlightened are all having their winter naps.
    Mogali, etc, etc, etc.

• youreit
    17 years ago

All hail Mary for keeping track when the rest of us....uh...what was I saying?

B to the A

(Ha! Zee Fransh ah nut zo smaht aftell all, eh? YAY, Italy!!!)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Whatever you say, Mark. It was great hearing from you!!
    :)

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

AhhHaaaaHaaaa looks like we'd all follow each other into the river (or pond) during croc season! Love this bunch of people!!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

"This important event marked the entry of the popular class into the French Revolution."
    Popular class???? What part of world history did I sleep through this time???? Sandy
    PS Welcome back.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Ok, I finally was able to change my bday from Jan 1. Don't know why, but couldn't do it before.
    Now for you Mark, and C3D. :)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

You have given me such outstanding material to use Semper; I am unable to resist. (Insert a not very evil grin here --> X!)

A photograph of the infamous World Cup assault by a FRENCHMAN, who has some physical features similar to yours, upon an annoying Italian.

Fast forward to the post by the Bastille Day, errr, Birthday Boy promising an identical fate to another annoying Italian.

Coincidence? Karma? Lives in a Parallel Universe? We may never know for sure however let us not jump to any conclusions. After all, if the glove don't fit, you MUST acquit! :-)

Speeding off in my white Bronco now!

'

(Please remember, whatever you do to me, DON'T hurt the bike!)

• bonz
    17 years ago

Well, then "Happy Coming Out Day"......... :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Hey, how about "Happy Sweater Day"?? Heheheh...

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I admit it. This is a true confession, honest. I just never told anyone before! It was all because I was bored and lonely last summer in Singapore when my DH went from there on a business trip to the US... After I checked out Chinatown for the umpteenth time and had sateh and mango smoothies for lunch and swam laps in the apartment roof pool for an hour, I went back to the empty apartment, turned up the AC and the TV volume and checked in with the pond forum. Nothing going on. So, I amused myself with reading everyone's member page. And I noted some important personal info such as birthdays...

(That was before everyone's member info got lost and confused (yeay iVillage) etc.)

So now you know... I might have your real birthday... if you can't remember, just ask me...

*heeheeheeheeheeheehee*

• ademink
    17 years ago

LMAO bonz

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"That was before everyone's member info got lost and confused (yeay iVillage) etc..."

While we are doing confessions, I guess I have to admit that iPillage, as Scott best put it, didn't screw up this time. I changed the date on "My Page" several weeks ago thinking it would go under the radar. I love making a big deal out of everybody else's b-day... mine is just another day. Better-half thinks that's strange. :-)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Well, you got caught with your pants down this time, (or with your sweater off) didn't you, you stinker!?! :)

• ademink
    17 years ago

You can fool a lot of people...but you can't fool Mary! Nice try, mister.

• jeanner
    17 years ago

And then there are THOSE members who don't put in their birthdays - you know who you are!!!

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanner, those are the people that don't want to GET OLD...

So, Semper, here you were trying to keep quiet about GETTING OLD, and I go screaming it all over the pond forum. And, if I knew how to make my letters bigger, I certainly would have.

I love you man!

*Hey, do you guys remember that thread two years or so ago about how long we had been ponding? Or was that about how old we were? That was a fun one.*

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm