Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

Happiest of Birthdays, Dearest Brenda!

chickadeedeedee
16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDY!

Sorry we have no sumptious furry ankle cake today but please accept our fresh, young and oh sooo tender Kitten Noggin Sampler Pack as a gift from the Daisy Diner.

{{gwi:171638}}

--------------

{{gwi:171643}}

We normally suggest a lick or two of Laxatone afterwards to prevent hacking up a hair ball during your celebration. :-)

Enjoy!

All at Camp Nappy

Comments (25)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday!!!

(as for the above noggins...remember, everything in moderation! LOL)

Sarah

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bonnie :-)

Im confused, which is the usual for me, but is it Brenda or Brandy??? I dont want to call such a sweet and wonderful person the wrong name and be insulting her, please forgive me if i have :-)

LOL @ the many choices of kitty noggin to choose from.

• comettose
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA - ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!

PS - thanks for the seeds!

• grandmapoo
    16 years ago

I'm sure glad I came by here for a visit!
    Happy birthday, Brenda!!! I hope you had a great day!

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

Bonnie,

I suppose I should shed some light on this subject. Hopefully, I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. As I recall, the real name when she first joined Gardenweb was actually Brittany. Just so we would not confuse her with some pyscho head shaven Hollywood type bearing the same name, she unofficialy changed her name to Brandy. Then certain folks suggested to send their crazy pup to her so she naturally started calling herself Brenda to throw people off (as you can see from the last two posts, it worked!). So there you have it. Hope this helps.

Happy birthday Brittany.

ps: Dang! That 2nd photo looks like a REALLY bad (is there any other kind???) Kung Fu movie.

• jeanner
    16 years ago

Hope you had a wonderful day! With no hairballs :^)

(C3D - ahh, how can you resist those little fur balls???)

• scottspond
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Whoever you are. :o)

Scott

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kung Foo-foo movie, Semper? LOL!

Well then Happy Birthday, {{gwi:171173}}lenda!

Bonnie ... One *really* needs a chart to map all the characters and their various aliases in this forum. Mr. Semper, for example, is also Sweater Boy and a really great person too.

3D Chick :-)

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"Bonnie ... One *really* needs a chart to map all the characters and their various aliases in this forum."

Perhaps. But when in doubt you can ask Cindy (aka Sleeplessinftwayne).

-Sweater O. Boy (aka S.O.B.)

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

look at those peepers!

happy birthday, randy!

• youreit
    16 years ago

LM Ath O!!! @ you all!! You guyth and galth are THO awethome! *mouth full of Kung Fu Kitten Noggins* WAY better than sumptious furry ankle cake (SUFAC), I imagine. I'll have Daisy for dessert, though! :D

Bonnie, you can call me anything except "Late for Dinner." *pshaw* LOL @ Brittany & Randy & {{gwi:170943}}lenda!! And let us not forget the Beav. :D My tummy hurts from laughing so hard, which is the BEST present a girl could ask for!

:D ...*sigh*

The B

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Thank you Mr. FI !!! I thought i was having a brain infarction or something because i kept seeing different names and symbols for one (very sweet) person and i just didn't get what was going on. LOL....

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' AGAIN BRITTANY/BRANDY/BRENDA/AUGUSTOUS!!!!!!
    HOPE YOU REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!! We are waiting for all the juicy details about wherever you have been!
    Bonnie

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Hey Miss Britbandera!!! I was typing with you at the same time! LOL... Glad to see you back :) Did you have a good one? Bonnie

• fairy_toadmother
    16 years ago

love augustus...!

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Brenda! Happy belated!

Well, I got the furry ankles. All I need now is the cake recipe!

{{gwi:171654}}

But, methinks, the little furry ankle biters above are equally sumptious. Don't you?

:) Mary

• youreit
    16 years ago

Oh, MY!!! Those are the yummiest, pinkiest little toots I've ever seen, Mary! *drooling* Thank you so much, Bonnie, and yes, I had a GREAT b-day! My one and only sibling came up from his fancy pants life in southern California. :D And Mom and I got to go plant shopping. Heaven on earth, for a plant addict like me! LOL

(I almost forgot) Rocky

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Ohhhhhh I *love* plant shopping! It never ends either. There is always something else i want to add to the collection! I really hate the digging part though, makes my back hurt. I just ordered some viburnums for bird berries. Supposedly the more viburnums you have the more chances for berries. HOPEFULLY! (I ordered about ten different kinds.yikes!) Im so glad you got to spend your b-day with your mom and bro. Sounds like so much fun!!! Hope you found some great plants you have been wanting :-)~~~Bonnie

• sheepco
    16 years ago

OOOHHH MaryO! Save that one for this winter's Pet Photo contest (what ever the theme may be)!!! Or Captions!

Great tootsies!

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Sarah, heehee, thanks for reminding me, I'd better make some goofy pet pics whenever herself is being goofy, so I'll be ready when the time comes that we entertain ourselves!

:) Mary

*Winter suddenly doesn't look quite as dreary!*

• youreit
    16 years ago

With those toots to keep us warm, who needs heating? :D

Bonnie, we went to a new-to-us place between our house and the folks' (up north), which sells only natives. Sounds simple enough, but in Cali, native to the coast isn't so good for us inland gardeners. :D So, in typical fashion, I researched their huge plant list, narrowing down the picks to those that would fair well for Mom's garden and for mine. I'm a total plant geek, but we both left happy. :D

One of my favorite purchases was this Datura wrightii (jimsonweed). It looks like something out of the dinosaur age, with petunia-like flowers on steroids (this one is at least 7 inches across), and thick, purple, fuzzy stems. Check out the 2 buds in the background, pointing straight up. LOVE this!

{{gwi:171658}}

Brenda

(Oh, almost forgot! My mom LOVES Viburnums! :D)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Awwww Brenda. We have those ( Datura wrightii (jimsonweed)) here. They are a beauty aren't they? Their seed and seedlings are everywhere. LOL @ petunia on steroids! :-)

So happy you had a great time!

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

Brenda i honestly couldn't think of a more fun thing to do on my birthday than go shopping for plants. I am a plantaholic too and i even get suckered in by the cheap flower books that come in winter. Everything just looks so pretty and then you get it and its a little stick?! LOL....I just cant help it i love them all! My poor hubby already looks like a drunk when he mows the grass because i plant bushes and trees everywhere and he has to weave in and out, in and out. I was teasing him one day and told him he mowed like a snake and he said "thanks to my wife"! LOL...I need a landscaper so bad because i suck at it. Im scared to put my precious babies next to the fence because we have toxic neighbors that cut and spray on our side. So i plant them all over the middle of the yard. I dont know how he puts up with me but he does.

I LOVE your dinosaur petunia on steroids! How cool is that! I have to get plants at least over two feet tall because my grass takes them over and i will never find them again. Poor hubby would accidentally mow them down and then i would cry. Yes im a baby and cry for my poor plants. Especially if it is one i had for a long time. LOL....Back to the needing a landscaper thang :-)

Brenda please ask your mom if there is a trick to growing viburnums because i am new at it and i dont want to kill my new babies. I know they like it moist and sunny, if she can think of anything else please let me know ,if you dont mind :-) I love native plants too. Big surprise huh :-)
    Bonnie

• youreit
    16 years ago

Wow, I didn't know Datura was such a widespread native! That's awesome to know, because there aren't many natives that will grow across the land....with success anyway. :D

LOL!!! @ your husband mowing drunkenly, Bonnie! Mine finally gave up helping me, because I'd be yelling and miming things like, "I'll kill you if you weed whack that!" *finger slice across my neck* It really was ridiculous of me to expect ANYone to tolerate my erratic planting scheme. :D

My yard is completely wild. I no longer have any lawn. I just started planting stuff, and somehow, I ended up with weird, geometric beds full of...schtuff. In summer, the Bermuda grass is evil incarnate. In the cooler month(s) (notice the possible singular? LOL!), foxtails are the spawn of Satan. I know they must love my unamended soil. Where I don't have something planted (or watered by hand), the soil is dry and hard. But the weeds cover it up nicely. :D

I envy folks who can live happily with only a lawn and no ornamentals. LOL

Brenda

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

You are so funny Brenda! It sounds like my house too. LOL...I do still have grass (weeds and stuff) but i hope to every year have less and less. I really want to live in a wild jungle with vines and bushes everywhere (and a big pond). Sounds like paradise to me. I just need to convince my hubby that we can be Tarzan and Jane and we dont need the grass and its okay if no one can see our house anymore for the jungle :-) Do you think he will fall for it? Keep your fingers crossed for me. LOL....You know you have it bad when you have a tooth bothering you but you dont want to go because then you cant buy as many plants and bird stuff that you want because you used the money for your tooth repair! I am soooooo bad. Hi my name is Bonnie and i am a plantaholic and a pond wannaber.

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!! Let's see...dentist? Plants? *ow!!* LOL

I forgot to address your Viburnum comment, Bonnie! My mom has at least 2 of them, and I'm going to see her Labor Day weekend. I'll TRY to remember to ask her about any tips or tricks. It's really hot and dry (low humidity) this time of year where they live, so keep that in mind when I pass along her advice. :D

Brenda

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County