Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Puppy and airplane pics

Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 8:17

Thanks to Sarah for posting this old pic of Roscoe when she was a puppy! Oh, I do miss that little button nose...

And here she is now, after having survived a broken leg and parvo (and her father) when she was just a child!

On point, kinda....

Here she comes!!!!

Portrait of deliciousness - notice she still has the chocolate patch on her right "arm".

As for DH's ultralight airplane....it has passed to the other side! Can I get a hallelujah? LOL DH had one too many close calls in this beast - he clipped some farm equipment while attempting to land and was able to get the thing back home without killing himself; he had a problem with the fuel line, the engine died, and he had to glide to the ground; and finally, a wind storm came through and flipped the "plane" while it was tied down. The result?

Soldier down...

After that last damage report, he finally sold it for $2000 - less than half what he paid for it, not including all repairs before and after first flight. It was rather sad to see it being towed away, a retired veteran who fought in one too many wars....a veteran who had a manic commander in chief. :D But still....YAY!!! SEE YA!! DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA IN THE STINKER! LOL

Life is boring now, but I'm not complaining. :D

Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Puppy and airplane pics

Ooooooooooooooo! Look how our little girl has grown! LOVE the photo of her running and her ears out like Daddy's airplane (used to be). Smooches from Camp Nappy to Roscoe!

Oh No! R.I.P. Ultralight! Glad you were able to bring DH back to Earth safely!!! Was the ultralight sold for ~scrap~ or will someone be able to resurrect him once again?

I'm afraid to ask ... but must! What new adventure / project does DH have in store next?

o

Oh my, what a gorgeous animal! And from that last pic I think we can tell who is in command in that house!

Yah, RIP in ultralight .... has he gone back to RC models? Definitely safer and usually cheaper!

o

I am so happy for you! I know it was a strain for you to put up with the ultralight. Maybe your nerves will get a rest for a while.

o

Oh my how little Roscoe has grown! Lovely girl!

Hopefully DH is safer....if not so happy. From what my pilot friends say those UL aren't always so reliable... :(

How's the garden?

S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here