Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prayers for Owen

Posted by pashta_2006 Z4 ADK NY (pashta@aol.com) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 8:23

Everyone, please keep a little 10 year old boy named Owen in your prayers. He was bitten by the family dog Monday morning. It took out the corner of his lips and his whole left cheek - as in gone, just a hole there. He has had a number of surgeries this week and will have to have quite a few more. His mother, Janet, works with me and says he is the strongest of all of the family.

As a warning.... the dog had been Owen's friend and playmate for its 5 years. Sunday morning Owen and the dog were on the porch. The dog tried to leave the porch and Owen yelled, NO. The dog attacked. Turns out that the dog hadn't been neutered. There was a female dog in heat down the street and he was trying to get to her. Blood tests showed that the dog had abnormally high levels of testosterone and that was what prompted the attack when Owen told him no. Needless-to-say the dog was euthanized.
Anyway... Please say prayers for Owen. He has a long road of healing ahead of him .
Anne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prayers for Owen

How terrible for everyone. My thoughts will certainly be for Owen and his family. They do have a long road to travel.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 18:18

Prayers from us for that poor little guy and his family, Anne - not only for physical healing, but emotional, as well.

Brenda

o

My prayers too.

o

Update on Owen:

He is continuing to have surgeries. School starts in a week and that may be a problem.

Please keep his mother, Janet, Queen of Denial, in your prayers. She keeps saying everything is okay, Owen is fine and she is fine; but then says that he won't go out of the house because he looks funny, she can't look at his face unless there is a big bandage there to cover it, etc.

I have to admit I want to pick her up and shake her!!!!

Poor kid. It has to be so hard for him. The plus is that he is healing, the Dr is pleased with the progress and, though Owen is facing a year of surgeries and skin graft type stuff, the Dr predicts his face will look normal.

Anne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here