Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmapoo

Happy Birthday to my Soldier Boy!!!

grandmapoo
17 years ago

Today my son turns 25 and has spent the past 7 yrs of his life serving his country. He joined the Army as a boy fresh out of highschool and, as a man (in every form of the word), is about to close the chapter on his military life.

As most of you know, he is about to end his 2nd tour in Iraq which will bring him home to civilian life. I can't express how proud of him I am and how I'm looking forward to have him back to make our family complete again!

Thanks for all of your support during this especially trying time. :)

Comments (21)

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Oh, Poo, I'm so grateful that he's going to be back all in one piece. ***I'm sending up a quick prayer that he's not going to meet any trouble between now and then.*** You are so right in being proud of him!

:) Mary

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I am so glad he came home safe and sound to you! Congrats!PJ

• okpondlady
    17 years ago

It sounds like he has started his life off quite well. He can be proud of his service to his country. Hoping that he will see the benefits of his military life as he transitions to civilian life. :)

Karen

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Poo3, I hate to have to correct you in your own thread but this should read:

Happy Birthday to OUR Soldier Boy!!!

Wishing him the best on his return to civilian life. Please pass on my gratitude and give him a big "Ooorah" (or "Hooah" as they like to say in that OTHER branch), and Semper Fi.

-Mark

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

I think Mark said it all:D Sandy

• jeanner
    17 years ago

I can feel your smiles all the way across the country! You should be proud as should he. And a heartfelt thanks from our family to yours!

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to your awesome son. To serve our country with such selflessness especially in these times makes him a hero in my eyes. There are no words to express how happy I am to hear he'll be coming home to his Mom's arms as so many others won't be. Can barely stand reading the paper about the local kids not coming back or not coming home the way they left. So you guys are really really luckey. Congratulations!
    Debbie

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all so much.
    I will pass these sentiments on to him as they come.
    God knows our soldiers don't hear them often enough. :)

• youreit
    17 years ago

I'm a little late, but I hope he understands. :D

Happy Birthday, Soldier Boy!! *trying to sing like Marilyn Monroe* Ok, that's just weird.

Stay safe, and enjoy that wonderful family of yours! We're all so proud of everything you've done for our country and for other countries, as well!!!!!!!

Brenda the Proud

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forwarded your supporting comments; got this reply:

"To all of you who wrote these wonderful things to my mother, thank you. The reason that we fight and sacrifice, is evidenced through all of you. It is evidenced by every citizen of the United States who remembers and lives what is dear to the American character; the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness."

Ain't he adorable??!!! ;)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

swoon!

• okpondlady
    17 years ago

Yes he is.. My Nephew-by-marriage enlisted about a year ago for delayed entry and is ready to ship out on Sept 4th. He is so excited, starting his life off in the Navy for 8 years!!! I was impressed with the 8 though.. is a longggg time. :)

Karen

• youreit
    17 years ago

Awwww!! *sniffle* There he goes, thanking US! What a little darlin.

When is he going to be home, 'Poo?

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, we can't discuss "exact" dates for security purposes, but he'll be @ his duty station in KY within just a few weeks now.

What we're really happy about is that this yr he will be home for Eric's birthday party! He'll be 5 yr old. Wow, how fast time passes in my old age! lol :)

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

PHEW! Crazy projects almost made me miss this.

Wishing a very happy 26th to Poo's Boy!

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POO'S SOLDIER BOY!
    *~*~*~*May all your dreams come true!*~*~*~*

Camp Nappy

• youreit
    16 years ago

I hope you had a rip-roarin' birthday, Son of Miss 'Poo!!! Saaahh-LUTE!

Twenty-six...I can't even remember what that feels like. LOL

Brenda

• bonnieblueyes
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!~~~~~Bonnie

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

"Twenty-six...I can't even remember what that feels like."

SIGH! I hear you loud and clear sista!

• LauraZone5
    16 years ago

Please wish your son a very happy birthday from my entire family. More important than wishing him a happy birthday, please thank him from the bottom of every heart in this house for helping keep us all safe.

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Mark so much for bringing this thread back up.
    Yes, we did just celebrate his 26th here at home. It was really a wonderful occasion. They are all doing well, employed and living in their own home now. What a difference a few months make! My grandkids come and spend a night or two every so often and I see my son every couple of weeks. It's just a long awaited dream come true to have them living within a 30 min drive!

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'll be sure to pass them on to him. :)