Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodkarma_

I can't believe it- My dog is fighting for his life

goodkarma_
15 years ago

Please pray for Kosmo. He is my 4 year old little dachshund mix who was very healthy until about 48 hours ago. He had some stomache upset- no big deal I thought. Boiled some hamburger and rice. He had diarrhea.

Then this morning before work he had diarrhea in the house and it was all blood. I called the emergency vet and then work. Poor little guy has hemmorhaegic gastric enteritis. Blood loss thru the gut- no obstruction, no poisons ect. (please forgive my spelling- no spell check option).Just a syndrome of unknown etiology in which mostly toy or miniature breed dogs from 2-4 years old start bleeding in the GI tract. But all breeds, ages can get it. I am crushed right now.

Please send your prayers. He is the sweetest little guy ever.

Thank you so much,

Lisa

He is receiving IV fluids at the Emergency vet and we will most likely transfer him to his vet tommorrow.

Comments (11)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Poor little Kosmo! Poor you! Getting him on the IV fluids is the most important. Good that he's getting cared for overnight. I'm sure he'll be feeling much better really quickly.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Kosmo.
    (((cyber hug)))) for Lisa.

C3D :-)

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

What she said.

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Any news?

• catherinet
    15 years ago

Oh Lisa, How upsetting! I'll be sending good, healing thoughts his way. Tell Kosmo we're all pulling for him!!

• koijoyii
    15 years ago

Oh No Lisa!

Not Kosmo, the teeny weenie. I was so surprised to see your post. I know you and Dave are both at wit's end because Winnie and Kosmo are your babies. I will be praying non-stop for Kosmo. Please keep up posted as soon as you hear anything. Give him hugs and kisses from me. I know he is going to get better with all our prayers and good thoughts. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, including a shoulder to cry on, or if there is anything I can do.

Jenny

• youreit
    15 years ago

Lisa, I'm so sorry for poor Kosmo AND for you! :( Prayers galore for you all! *HUGS*

Brenda

• goodkarma_
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We transferred him to his vet this morning. He looked sicker then yesterday and I am truly worried. No pep in him at all. He hates the car and will not suffer to ride in it without groans and short yaps of protest. But today he laid on the seat with my arms around him and did not say a thing.

Lactated Ringer IV, Reglan, and Flagyl at the ER Vet. I was so worried when the receptionist started spouting about the tests needed for pancreatitis. He does NOT have pancreatitis. I gather this from the labs already performed. I tried to stay calm because she does not order the tests or the treatments and will call Dr. Andrews at 3pm.

Thank you for all your thoughts, and prayers. Please keep them up.

BTW- Kosmo is a celebrity of sorts. Here is the link.

Thank You,
    Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: And the Weiner is.

• koijoyii
    15 years ago

I have had the honor of meeting Dave, Winnie and Kosmo in person, and they are all that and more. Lisa gave us a little show of some of the tricks they can do (Kosmo and Winnie, not Dave) lol. She has trained both of them to jump through hoops. They both sit until she calls their name and they know it's their turn. Kosmo is a very special "hotdog" and he knows it. He has got so much personality and is so sweet. Come on Kosmo we're all pulling for you.

Jenny

• annedickinson
    15 years ago

Lisa,

My prayers are joined with those of others for Kosmo and for you and Dave and Winnie too.

Anne

• sheepco
    15 years ago

Hugs for Kosmo, and you and Dave. May all of our guardian angel dogs be saying prayers for them too! S

• jeanner
    15 years ago

Ah Lisa, how heart breaking this must be. I read the article on Kosmo and he is definitely a fighter (and such a cutie!). I do hope you get some good news soon, please let us know how he is doing.