Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeanner_gw

Anyone heard from Glenda (pikecoe) since Fay?

jeanner
15 years ago

Glenda, are you there??? Check in please and let us know how it went with Fay!

I briefly checked discussions but didn't see any postings from her there either!

Comments (12)

• horton
    15 years ago

Jean, Glenda posted onto the discussions page on August 23rd and she said she was safe and sound then. [see link below]
    That storm hung around a bit too long down there, I hope all is still well with her!
    "Horton"

Here is a link that might be useful: Glenda's post.

• youreit
    15 years ago

Glenda, I hope you (and your butterflies) made it through unscathed! We're waiting for you here in the back 40 of GW, with wheelbarrows and a lot of garbage bags, to help you with clean up!

Brenda

• catherinet
    15 years ago

Hopefully she doesn't live where Gustav might hit.

• jeanner
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Horton, I did a search but apparently I missed that one!

I hope Hannah doesn't head that way either. I'm afraid it's going to be a brutal hurricane season, I certainly hope I'm wrong.

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone, I'm here. We just had a lot of wind and rain from Faye. We are on high ground and had no problem with flooding. We do have lots of rivers surrounding us and they are still rising, but not flooding. We had a bad electrical storm last Fri night. With about 5 inches of rain and I'm not sure if it was actually from Gustav or not. Hanna doesn't seem to be a threat except to maybe the Carolinas. And I'm not sure what Ike might do. We never did lose power even though some of the county was out for awhile. Our son works for a utility company as a Mechanic Supervisor for the operation of the big bucket trucks. He worked almost around the clock for about 4 days and got pretty exhausted. He was up about 10 ft on the boom and when he went to step on the top of the ladder to come down, missed his step and almost fell. He was able to grab hold of something and only got some banged up ribs and shins. He blamed it on his new bifocals making him mis-judge his step. I think it was from fatigue mostly. But we are all doing fine and hubby and I are getting ready to get back to work after him having his knee replacement. So have been super busy. And the butterflies are still flitting around and I think there are more than ever and they are huge. Glenda

• horton
    15 years ago

Good to hear from you Glenda, and know you and your family are safe.
    Looks like you folks down there are in for a rough ride before all these storms are over for this year.
    Stay safe,
    "Horton"

• sheepco
    15 years ago

Glad you and yours are ok Glenda!

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concern. Glenda

• catherinet
    15 years ago

Good to hear you're okay Glenda. Unfortunately, it sounds like hurricanes might be pretty common around there this year.
    I'm so glad your son is okay. Glad your hubby's knee replacement is healing.
    Stay safe Glenda!

• youreit
    15 years ago

I'm SO glad you're ok, Glenda, and your son, too!! That is spooky work, even more so when you're exhausted!

I wonder if the storm(s) brought butterfly fertilizer. :D

Don't work too hard, and congrats to hubby on his healed knee!

Brenda

• comettose
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you are OK!

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Hi Glenda!

Soooo great to hear from you again! :-) OMG! There's more schtuff coming your way. Please stay safe and know our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and yours!

C3D

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting