Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard from Glenda (pikecoe) since Fay?

Posted by jeanner SW Ohio - Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 22:32

Glenda, are you there??? Check in please and let us know how it went with Fay!

I briefly checked discussions but didn't see any postings from her there either!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard from Glenda (pikecoe) since Fay?

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 7:08

Jean, Glenda posted onto the discussions page on August 23rd and she said she was safe and sound then. [see link below]
That storm hung around a bit too long down there, I hope all is still well with her!
"Horton"

Here is a link that might be useful: Glenda's post.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 11:50

Glenda, I hope you (and your butterflies) made it through unscathed! We're waiting for you here in the back 40 of GW, with wheelbarrows and a lot of garbage bags, to help you with clean up!

Brenda

o

Hopefully she doesn't live where Gustav might hit.

o

Thanks Horton, I did a search but apparently I missed that one!

I hope Hannah doesn't head that way either. I'm afraid it's going to be a brutal hurricane season, I certainly hope I'm wrong.

o

Hi Everyone, I'm here. We just had a lot of wind and rain from Faye. We are on high ground and had no problem with flooding. We do have lots of rivers surrounding us and they are still rising, but not flooding. We had a bad electrical storm last Fri night. With about 5 inches of rain and I'm not sure if it was actually from Gustav or not. Hanna doesn't seem to be a threat except to maybe the Carolinas. And I'm not sure what Ike might do. We never did lose power even though some of the county was out for awhile. Our son works for a utility company as a Mechanic Supervisor for the operation of the big bucket trucks. He worked almost around the clock for about 4 days and got pretty exhausted. He was up about 10 ft on the boom and when he went to step on the top of the ladder to come down, missed his step and almost fell. He was able to grab hold of something and only got some banged up ribs and shins. He blamed it on his new bifocals making him mis-judge his step. I think it was from fatigue mostly. But we are all doing fine and hubby and I are getting ready to get back to work after him having his knee replacement. So have been super busy. And the butterflies are still flitting around and I think there are more than ever and they are huge. Glenda

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 18:55

Good to hear from you Glenda, and know you and your family are safe.
Looks like you folks down there are in for a rough ride before all these storms are over for this year.
Stay safe,
"Horton"

o

Glad you and yours are ok Glenda!

o

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and concern. Glenda

o

Good to hear you're okay Glenda. Unfortunately, it sounds like hurricanes might be pretty common around there this year.
I'm so glad your son is okay. Glad your hubby's knee replacement is healing.
Stay safe Glenda!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 5, 08 at 10:30

I'm SO glad you're ok, Glenda, and your son, too!! That is spooky work, even more so when you're exhausted!

I wonder if the storm(s) brought butterfly fertilizer. :D

Don't work too hard, and congrats to hubby on his healed knee!

Brenda

o

Glad to hear you are OK!

o

Hi Glenda!

Soooo great to hear from you again! :-) OMG! There's more schtuff coming your way. Please stay safe and know our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and yours!

C3D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here