Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a big shout out to all texans!!!!

Posted by koijoyii NE Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 9:06

Fellow Texas pond forum buddies:

I was remembering you all in my prayers this morning as I was driving around fallen trees on my way into work this morning. I can't imagine meeting Ike in person. Please check in as soon as you can and let us know you are OK. Here are a few I managed to find on the forum (when my computer wasn't freezing up).

julieb
ann_in_houston
mommasue
fool4flowers
backyardmama

Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a big shout out to all texans!!!!

Only got 1.5 inches of rain here in MN due from the system, but to you and all your families too - hope you're all safe!

o

Jenny, I know what you mean - we got the remnants of Ike yesterday and most of the city (over 250,000 buildings without power in Dayton and 600,000 in Cinn without power) but at least my home is intact!

o

THanks for asking. It would have hit us dead on changed into an oblong shape instead of round and we barely even had any much needed rain. Did get the high winds though and had to bring all my plants back inside the garage to keep them from blowing away but it made it nice and cool and was able to put in my backyard pond and the front yard larger pond so now looking for some more ponds plants. Gotta go find that thread about flowering plants you wouldn't think to put in a pond. We don't have anything around here to choose from other than the most basic common stuff. I have horsetail rush, water hyacinth, and a tarro and a few other things. I bet I have other things in the yard I could use in it. Just have to find out what, lol..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here