Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Andrea / Ademink - Memorial for her Friend

youreit
17 years ago

I hope Andrea doesn't mind my posting of this. It's such a thoughtful gesture from a very thoughtful lady.

Hang in there, girl! Just holler if you need ANYTHING.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Seeking Hosta Monument Circle or Tom's Dream - In Memory

Comments (12)

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Andrea, I didn't know. You are such a special lady. And it's so hard to lose a true friend. I pray that when there is a moment of sadness, the good Lord will lift you over it.

:( Mary
    ((((hug))))

*It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.*

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

andrea, so very sorry. i myself planted the 'remember me' hosta that provided some of the cost to breast cancer research in memory of my aunt (several years ago). i have never heard of those you are looking for. i hope you find it.

i am so glad you and he had found such a wonderful, caring friend.

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Andrea, did you find one yet?

• ademink
    17 years ago

Awww, I just found this post! You all are so wonderful and NO, Brenda...I don't mind *HUG*. :)

I loved Tom and you are right Mary, it WAS better to have loved and lost - what a treasure.

FTM, I love that hosta - I just got it this year. It's beautiful and is growing so wonderfully! What a great memorial to plant for your aunt.

I still haven't found this hosta, jeanner. I've emailed the hybridizer now but he hasn't answered me. I'm not sure that the email is still current because it was one from several years ago that a man had and sent to me.

I think Thursday I'm going to send him a "snail mail" letter asking if he can help me out. I can't find it *anywhere*!!!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've been looking, too, Andrea, probably in all the places (online) that you've already tried. :)

Hostas and roses...it always seems that when you're looking for a specific hybrid, it can never be found. Sister-in-law's mom passed away last week, and I've been looking for a rose with her name. It's mentioned in many places, but finding it is another thing entirely.

Holler if there's anything we can do to help, Andrea!

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hmmm, i dont know if this had been mentioned, but there is a 'mount tom.'

ordering here is a whole other story!

Here is a link that might be useful: shady oaks

• ademink
    17 years ago

What is the name, Brenda?

I can't do that kind of math, FTM. LOL I found Mt. Tom in a local nursery. I haven't picked it up yet but maybe will do a little memorial garden.

Get this, you guys............someone on the hosta forum is sending me a division of their Monument Circle!! I had no idea they had it and it appears it is NOT common. I cried! LOL I can't believe it...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

happy dance! i need one of those moving critters on here!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Andrea, that is such GREAT news!!!!!!! *happy tears* Humanity rocks.

Brenda

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Great news! I know your special touch and your friendship for Tom will make it flourish so you can spread the love if ever someone else needs a bit of it. That's one of the things memory gardens are for.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I think you have a great heart.

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

We have a local hosta "expert" in our Master Gardener program who has several hundred varieties, but is unfortunately dying from lung cancer (after many years of chain smoking... I was a fairly regular smoker for many years, myself, so I'm probably just luckier, or maybe just haven't had my turn, yet... poor guy, nice fella, too)...

Anyway, if you hadn't found someone to send you a division, I was going to ask his wife, who is also an avid gardener, but with what they're going through, since you did, I'll leave them alone.

Sorry for your loss, Andrea, but glad you're finding a special way to remember and you're a VERY special person!
    Jeff

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

What a beautiful, touching post.

(((HUGS))) Andrea, you must be a truly wonderful friend to those that are lucky enough to know you. We certainly need more like you.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County