Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

Grandmapoo - Where are you???

koijoyii
15 years ago

Please check in as soon as your are able. We are all concerned about you and yours. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I think about all our Texas pond buddies whenever I see the devastation. I consider this forum one big happy family and we hurt when one (or more) are missing. Especially after a disaster such as Ike. Will keep praying that everyone in Texas and you and yours are safe.

Jenny

Comments (10)

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Me too, my prayers are with you and all those affected by the storm. Anxiously awaiting word from you all. Glenda

• jeanner
    15 years ago

Does anyone know which part of Texas she lives in?

I sure hope she's okay and just visiting with the grandkids!

• grandmapoo
    15 years ago

I'm here and my family and I are doing fine. Our power was out for 7 days and many many more communities still have no power. Some of our more coastal communities are virtually destroyed from the surge waters.

I'm very happy with our government and state's quick response, supplying food, ice and water to all our communities to accessible points of distribution. Also, for keeping our gas supply on hand. It's evident that our great country has learned a lot from the recent past devatations.

The lines were long for all these commodities, but they were there. Such a disaster really brings home the phrase, "Patience is a virtue". Please help us pray for all those still without and especially those who lost loved ones and those who lost their homes.

I want to be a small voice for the state of Texas thanking all those who came from other states to repair our power lines and provide other volunteer services. Some of you may know or love someone who came here that worked long hours and sacrified their time from their own families. Let them know how grateful we are for their sacrifice. Many of those are still here, away from their loved ones. There was even loss of life in the volunteer effort. My heartfelt prayers goes to their family and loved ones.

Thank you for being concerned and yes, we are a little family here on the g/w. :)

• catherinet
    15 years ago

YAY! I'm so glad you're okay grandmapoo. Its good to hear that the government did learn from their past mistakes, and you all felt like they were there for you. I can't imagine coping with that kind of devastation.
    So happy you're okay!

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Hi Poo! Soooooo good to hear that you and yours are OK. I'm soooo sorry for the loss of lives and property! Our electric people went to Texas to help get power up again and then we got just ~brushed~ by the remnants of Ike. Power crews from Maryland had to come here to help us!

God bless them all ... the survivors, the families and the volunteers for their efforts to help those in need.

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

Great to hear from you Poo. My son usually does go out of town to help, but he couldn't this year. And I know Florida did have someone electrocuted in Ky. But I don't know what company. There were 10 from his company that headed your way and was called to divert to Kentucky. And the first night they had to sleep in their trucks, because there were no motel rooms to be had. One year he was away helping and our power went out for a week twice with different storms and Alabama had to get ours back on. So it is great that we have those willing to go and help others.

• sheepco
    15 years ago

Ditto what they said...and soooo glad you and your family are safe!

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wooooo hooooooooo for Grandmapoo. I knew she could do it.

I knew my prayers would be answered. I can't begin to imagine the devastation after seeing the pics of the aftermath. Like C3D said we sent workers to Texas and then got the after affects from Ike. I believe there are around 5,000 people in Ohio that are still without power. Will keep all Texans who were affected in my prayers.

Jenny

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

"I'm very happy with our government and state's quick response, supplying food, ice and water to all our communities to accessible points of distribution.

Poo, Poo, Poo.... Such a young, naive being! You must learn to blame the government for EVERYTHING and anything including pointing that destructive weapon in your general direction to begin with! This, after all, is the hip thing to do, dontchaknow?! :-)

All BS aside, glad your troop is safe and sound. Carry on.

• grandmapoo
    15 years ago

Yes, thanks again to all those who are helping and sacrificing to help others. It's very scary how large this storm was and how it is continuing to affect such a widespread area of our nation. You know, our power was out longer with hurricane Rita, so it is very evident that there is a HUGE volume of volunteer help and certainly a more organized method of response.

Mark, you stinkpot! Stirring the pot, again, huh?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting