Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hnladue

What are they thinking????

hnladue
17 years ago

I get to work this morning and reach into my purse to get my blackberry only to find Oreo (my dog) has stuffed one of his balls in my purse.. HUH???? Did he think I need to work less and play more? What are they thinking?

Comments (16)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

lol, love it! from the mouths of babes/dogs...

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Oreo (my dog) has stuffed one of his balls in my purse.."

Hmmm... and here I thought Oreo was neutered!

OK, I'll go stand in the corner.

ps: How's the lil' Devil Dog coming along in his battle?

• youreit
    17 years ago

LMAAAAAO!!!! Fi guy, that was too funny for you to be in the corner.

Awwww, Oreo just didn't want you to forget that you have a play date later on. "I'll just put this here as a gentle reminder..." :D

My mom's pug, Malone, leaves her other "gifts" to find. He's famous for his silent barf routine.

Brenda

• horton
    17 years ago

Semper, we was on the same wave length.
    I was puzzled about how Ol'Oreo managed that trick?
    Musta hurt a bit one would think!!!???
    "Horton", wiping tears from eyes.

• hnladue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

And should I tell you it was a squeakie ball??? He likes to lick and chew them!! ok, I'll stop now...

So far we're doing ok on the chemo. We had this week off. He's handled everything well, with just one case of the squirts and a couple days of 'I need to snuggle'. I really believe the acupuncture he gets the day before the chemo has helped with keeping him healthy. He's up 2 pounds so thats good. The lymph nodes have all come down except one, so were not in remission yet. Hopefully soon!!

• horton
    17 years ago

"And should I tell you it was a squeakie ball??? He likes to lick and chew them!! ok, I'll stop now..."

Oh good Heather, I was starting to feel quite inadequate!! LOL

Hope Oreo comes back to full health in leaps and bounds.
    "Horton"

• ademink
    17 years ago

lmao...Fi took the words right out of my mouth! Oh,toooo funny!

• youreit
    17 years ago

GREAT news about the little cutie, Heather! Well, about the chemo going well. The licking and chewing...I'll have to print that one out for DH. :D

Brenda

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

I always heard dogs lick their balls because they can... but make them SQUEAK??? That's a NEW ONE on ME! That must HURT! :-p

Seriously, I REALLY hope Oreo is coming around GREAT! Funny thing, we're JUST getting Tater Tot to playing with his VERY FIRST ball, at age 2... But he's had PLENTY of squeaky toys... he LOVES his squeaky toys -- particularly the "little monster" we just call "squeaky," which sells for 92 cents at Wal-Mart and I carefully selected when he was a few months old by checking just about every squeak toy in the aisle until I found one the right size that was easy to make squeak almost no matter where you squeezed it, or how hard... Little yellow monster, stands up easy, too... Sure enough, it was "love at first squeek," and as we knew it would wear out, we subsequently starting buying several every so often until we stockplied a dozen or so (he's on his third one right now).

He must squeek that thing 500 times a day... loves to play tug with it... takes it outside sometimes... I always put it to bed with him at nigt, if I can find it (if I can't it's usually because he forgot to bring it back in, but if I see it outside and he's coming in, I tell him to "get squeeky," and he'll turn around and go grab it). Loves for you to throw it and let him chase it, too.

I'd post a picture of him with it, but I don't have my Photobucket link back up on this new setup yet... And YEAH, he hasn't put it in anyone's pocketbook, yet, but sometimes you'll find it by your bed ( or IN the bed), or come home when you've been away, and you can't get the back door to open easily because he's left that little latex feller right by the back door and it's acting like a doorstop... He "sends messages" with Squeeky, for sure.

Dogs can't talk, but they CAN "communicate."

Best of luck with Oreo, Heather,
    Jeff

• hnladue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's what I've been working on..... first time I've ever done such a thing but it's been fun. SO far all the other cancer dog mommies out there have loved it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oreo's Web Page

• youreit
    17 years ago

Awesome site, Heather!!!! I've bookmarked it, and I'm sharing it with all of my friends who love little, sassy dogs (i.e., Bostons, Bulls, Pugs....Tater Tot :D). The pics alone leave me in a state of drool and misty-eyed delight. :D Is Bugsy a blend (Boston-Pug)?

Way to go, Oreo, on giving cancer the ol' one-two!

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Heather, those pics are hillarious!!! LMAO especially @ the one titled "Not Funny". Barktoberfest, lol! Who comes up with this stuff?!?!

• jeffahayes
    17 years ago

I'm not gonna worry about posting that birthday picture of TT again, since I remember I posted it before (I remember Brenda making fun of his glowing eyes, now that I've seen all the lovely glow in Double Stuff Oreo and Bugsy's eyes).

Those are both a couple of really cute puppydogs! I hope you still have Bugsy, too, and I'm not bringing up any sad memories by mentioning him (my memory of people posting lost pets on here isn't always the best). I'm glad Oreo's chemo is doing well... Sure hope you don't have to go into debt paying for it, but I can relate, if you do.

Hug 'em for me!
    Jeff

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL I think it was the combo eye glow and lip curl that had me going on about the Tot man, Jeff. He may have looked like Cujo, but I know that in his heart, he's a teddy bear. :D

Brenda

• hnladue
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi ya!! Yes, Bugsy is a Bug (Boston Pug mix) and he's too funny!! He's the older of the two and doing just fine!! Since Oreo is losing a little hair I bought him some pajamas this weekend. Just wait till I get a picutre of this outfit!! Covers all fours legs, it's purple with sheep on it. LOL!!! But since Oreo is losing the hair on his back legs, I need something to cover them when it's cold! He doesn't care. Wore it all day saturday and didn't mind.

And Jeff, as for the debt... you don't even want to know.... I'm just glad I have a credit card that's 0% until march 2008.

• youreit
    17 years ago

That's what I want for Christmas...a brindle-ish Bug...gift-wrapped like the "Dude" picture (or maybe with purple sheep jammies, like Oreo's!). LOL He is so delicious! I'm having a drool-fest.

Brenda

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES