Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Robotic cleaning

sleeplessinftwayne
12 years ago

I guess I goofed when I tried to post on this topic the first time so I'll try to avoid using names this time.

I got a robot vacuum cleaner! The housework has been suffering since I got hurt and I finally had enough. Cleaning services were unsatisfactory and frustrating since I always felt I was expected to clean and pick up before they came and they never got it the way I would have done it. DH is not exactly helpful either. The vacuum was expensive but then I remembered how much it cost to hire someone just to do the carpets.

DH didn't put up a lot of fight except about an extended warranty which he really didn't want but he let me get the newest (and most expensive) model. We did get a sale price on TV which also is the only source for the 3 year warranty.

It really does a good job. I'll have to find a new place for some plants and books but they needed to get off the floor anyhow and once I do that I can program it for seven different areas at the times I want. My job is to empty the collection box and make sure the brushes are clean. It does a really good job of getting up cat hair and the area around the litter box is very clean. It is a lot easier to empty the collection box than to change a bag. It won't do stairs or windows though.

It is even entertaining! DH and the cat both come into the room to watch it. There are loads of videos on YouTube with cats, dogs and even ferrets playing with or just reacting to the vacuum to the point they even turn them on. It is even fun to see it look for it's base to recharge or keep going after a particularly dirty spot.

There are several brands on the market and I did do some research. Some seemed just flash and some like toys but the one I got is pretty serious even though a thread of humor shows through all the advertising and reviews. Most owners seem to give them personal names, ...maybe after we get to know it a little better. It's too sleek to call it Rosie.

If anyone else has one, I would appreciate any tips or advice.

Here is a link that might be useful: I want it to go!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!