Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's Jensen.........................................

Posted by koijoyii NE Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 20, 09 at 13:43

We went to Petsmart to see Saffron but she wasn't there. We ended up going to the Westlake Police Department who usually has cats and kittens free to a good home, but they didn't have any. The Lakewood Animal Shelter had kittens, but they weren't ready for adoption yet. We ended up at Petco where my son and I fell in love with Jensen. She is 16 1/2 weeks old and is adorable. She is from the Berea Rescue Shelter. She is living in the bathroom till she gets used to the house and the other kitties. We will probably let her out after she gets her vet check tomorrow night providing she tests negative for all bad kitty illnesses and worms. She got a clean bill of health from the Berea Animal shelter but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I have included two pics of Sweety Peach who is just settling down. She seems to like my son better than me. You know how you don't pick a cat, a cat picks you.

We are definitely changing both of their names, but are at a loss. If anyone can offer some suggestions it will be appreciated. I thought about Mango or Cheeto for Sweety Peach because she is orange, but neither one fits.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's Jensen.........................................

Ruby?
And the new one - Cleopatra?

;) Mary

o

Thanks Mary:

I love the name Ruby. I think it's the first time we had cats for a few days and can't think of names for them. I have a feeling Ruby is Sweety Peach's new name. It fits her so well.

My son is thinking about Cleopatra, but he likes weird names. He was the one that named Boa. You know how guys are.

Jenny

o

:)! I used to know a cat called Walltowall. Because she used to lay on the floor all spread out. I'm always jealous of people that can think of really funny unusual names!

Your new kitty's eyes are so big she made me think of the Egyptian queen. But maybe your son likes Hieroglyph better? Then you can call her Hiero or Glyph for short... *giggle* And then there's Ra. The sun god. How appropriate for a cat!

:) Mary

o

I like the idea of Ruby for the Ginger cat. Of course Ginger is also a good name.

If you want an Egyptian name, feel free to use Pashta. Pasht is the Egyptian Moon Goddess associated with cats. My cat's name was Pashta. She has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but she lives on in my screen name.
Anne

o

OooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Such beautiful kitties! Lucky you! Lucky them!!! :-)

The names suggested are *awesome*! :-)

It does take time to have the perfect name. Hmmmmmmmm .....

Peaches, Pumpkin, Cleo, Twinkie, Ruby, Ginny, Buffy, Precious ..........

Whatever the names .... they are soooooo blessed to have a home with you! :-)

o

Thank you Mary, Pashta and C3D. We have decided on names. Sweety Peach is now officially named Ruby, and Jenson is now officialy named Checotah.

Checotah tested positive for roundworm and has been treated for it, but she is still isolated from the other kitties until she tests negative. She may be locked in the bathroom for another two weeks. She is a sweetheart, a very loving kitten. She is older than the Berea Rescue thought. She has three fang teeth (her baby and her adult) so the vet estimates her age at 5 months. That is even better for us. My son forgot how hyper kittens can be. She wore him out the other night.

Jenny

o

Jenny you have the most beautiful kitties. I love the name Ruby and Checotah. Keep us updated on these lovelies. :)

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here