Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poor little thrush

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 14:08

I'm so bummed. I've been enjoying watching the grey-cheeked thrushes eating the seeds on my Star Magnolia tree/bush outside my bedroom. They come back every year to eat the orange seeds.
I found a splat on my window and looked down, and there was a dead grey-cheeked thrush. He was beautiful.
I felt so bad. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poor little thrush

Aw Catherine, I'm sorry he died and you had to witness it. It is so hard to find a dead bird, I feel so responsible for all my birdie visitors. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Rest in peace little thrush.

o

Put some stickers on the window or feathers. It is sad to hear that thunk. I strung up loose feathers tied on to fishing line. They flutter in the wind and birds are supposedly adverse to loose feathers because loose feathers means predators. There are small suction cups on each end of the fishing line to stick on the window from the outside.

o

Thanks jean and comettose.........the feathers are a good idea. I have some of those little stained glass charm things on the window, but it must not have been enough. One year it was so bad, I just kept my drapes closed, which seemed to help.
Right now, outside my bathroom window, I have a huge spider in a beautiful web that I'm watching. Its so totally amazing how perfect they can make their webs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here