Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmapoo

My soldier boy is back in the good old USA

grandmapoo
17 years ago

He is safe and back with his family. I'm looking forward to the best Christmas this year, since they ALL will be back in Texas, close to ME permanently!

Thanks for being there with me on this journey! :)

Comments (21)

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

O Poo, what a relief! Congrats on the safe return home!

:) Mary

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

I'm glad for you and your whole family. Sandy

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

yippity! so happy for all of you, poo!

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Thats wonderful news, what a relief that must be for all of you. I hope he gets a well deserved rest too, he certainly earned it.

• clarke
    17 years ago

Please give him a heart felt thank you from my family for protecting our freedom.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Amen and WOOHOO!!! You all made my day, 'Poo! I'm absolutely tickled for you and your family!!!!!!!

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Congratulations and a hug from everyone at Camp Nappy. :-)

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Wonderful News!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Thanks for being there with me on this journey!"

Thank YOU for sharing your journey with us Poo3.

And a HUGE heart felt thanks from all of us in Semperville. :-)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Hey PooPooPoo,

So how's our Boy Wonder adjusting to his new life as a civilian???

For some, it's extremely difficult and they can never make the adjustment. For others, it's a flawless transition. I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Hopefully, he falls in the latter category. :-)

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Mark!
    He's having a few issues, especially at Walmart! LOL You know, the ole "civilians don't know how to act" senerio.

DIL says he's adjusting but needs some work. Sonny boy says now he DEFINATELY knows why patience is a virtue!

They are doing well. Thanks for asking. :)

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hey, poo! just a curious and starnge question: does he use utensils when he eats or still in the habit of eating like he is in the field? i noticed that with my nephew :)

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Yeah, it's hard getting used to the idea that a job is just that and it's no longer an extension of one's life. It took me 11 years to figure that one out!

Funny you mention weird eating habits FTM. We were trained to woof down our food VERY quickly. So when I got out, this habit stayed with me for a longgg time (and still does to an extent). One time we went to a pizza joint and the waitress brought us our order of a large pizza. She came back less than 5 minutes later to check on us and her jaw dropped to the floor when the pan was completely empty. LOL!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

lol, semper. it doesn't surprise me a bit! nor, how many pizzas a group of men can go through in record time :)

make it thick crust, or your bank book will hurt instead of your stomachs.

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I haven't seen my son yet. He and family are still in TN. Only 5 weeks left and they will be home!

Yes, the woofing down food habit has definately shown itself in the past. It reminds me of the one and only time in 7 years that he's been able to eat Thanksgiving dinner with us in my home. We all started eating and I glanced over at him and he was just sitting there staring at his food. I asked him what was wrong and I'll never forget his words. He said, "I just realized I'm at home so I'm gonna take my time and enjoy this."

I just made myself sad. I miss my family. They're not going to make it for Thanksgiving. Little Eric started Kindergarten up there, riding the bus and all. Annjolee is now completely potty trained and my 'ittle Elesia started crawling! They grow up so fast and I feel like I've already missed so much and I don't want to miss another moment. Yesterday while on the phone, Eric told me "I need to see your body move." It took me a moment to understand that he meant that he wanted to see me in person. He's already asked me to send some pics of me & Popi, which I did, because he said, "I need to see your face."
    A 5 yr old child's way of expressing themselves can tear your heart right out. Well, we're all counting down the weeks and we'll have a 2nd Thanksgiving dinner when they get here and best of all, we're all going to be together on Christmas!!
    Ok, I'm better now! :)
    Thanks for letting me share ALL my emotions!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Ah! No worries PooPoooPoooo, those 5 weeks will pass before you know it. Seems like it was only a few weeks ago when you were announcing that our hero was just getting ready to leave for his 2nd tour of duty.... although I can imagine it seems like an eternity to a mother.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Ohhhh, 'Poo! You got me with your family's comments! *sniff* It's going to be the BEST Christmas EVER!

God bless us, every one.

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, many good times ahead!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

So Poo! Have you decended from the clouds??? How were the holidays with family?

• grandmapoo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, Hey! I haven't forgotten you guys, but have been VERY VERY busy! I came searching for a thread and saw this one had activity.
    The holidays were great. I'm slowly descending from the clouds.
    How was your holiday?
    Hope everyone had a good one.
    ~Poo poop pee doop~

• youreit
    16 years ago

'Poo, are you out there? Can you send me an email, por favor? Muy importante, Senora! Stat! Yesterday! :D

(Don't be scared. I'm fairly harmless. LOL)

Brenda