Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryo_nh

I seriously need help posting pics

maryo_nh
14 years ago

It's not only that Google won't let me put a birthday cake picture in a post anymore. Now I can't even post one of my own pictures!

I have always used Photobucket, and pasted my image properties into a IMG string, you know, the one with a > and a Please?

:) Mary

Comments (7)

• jeanner
    14 years ago

Hmmmm .... I'm not sure what's going on but I'm wondering - are you using '' or '> and What happens when you try to post? Do you just see the code and not the picture? Maybe you could do it and let us see what you are using.

It shouldn't matter what storage you use as long as they allow remote linking - and Photobucket does.

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, Jeanne, the former, not the latter, I did that to not confuse this program. On my first try it thought I was putting a picture in... Remember, it used to work fine, so the method I used had the triangle brackets correctly.

What I used to do is highlight the picture's properties, and then right click, and on the little mini menu click on copy. Whatever I do now, when I have a picture's properties highlighted, I can right click all I want, but the little menu doesn't show up.

When I tried to copy a birthday cake for C3D and Mike, I was in Google images, and I thought it probably was a new copyright protection thing. But that shouldn't be a problem with my own pictures on Photobucket? It's not my mouse and I don't think it's my computer, because in my own Word docs I can copy in the same way just fine.

Photobucket has changed its look in the last year, and it's much less user friendly, so maybe I'll waste a day someday soon and just change myself over to Yahoo. Still. Maybe I'm just getting old and flaky on the brain?

;) Mary

• jeanner
    14 years ago

Okay, hope the question didn't sound condecending, just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bracket issue.

Next step would be to look at your browser. What browser are you using? DO you have more than one installed on your machine?

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, Jeanne, DH thinks you might be right. I use Mozilla and he uses Explorer. I'm going to try Explorer, tomorrow or Thursday. We just came back from a lovely camping, kayaking, and hiking weekend, and I have to get my brain back in gear...

• hardin
    14 years ago

I don't know if this will work for you, but here is what I do.

1. I open 2 windows. One to this forum (GW) and one to Photobucket (PB) in the album with the pictures I want to post.

2. On forum, after typing messages/questions, I will start cursor on a new line, then...

3. Go over to the PB page, look under the picture you want to post, in the box next to HTML code, click inside that box so that it is highlighted then right clink and COPY that LONG line of text, then...

4. Pop back over to the forum where you were typing, and with the cursor on its own line, right click and PASTE. It will look like a bunch of letters and symbols and will take up alot of space. It looks wild, but click the Preview Message button, and see if it posted the picture.

I hope that helps. I know each person's computer is different, but that is how I am able to do it. Good Luck. If you have any questions, I will try to answer back quickly.

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It works in Explorer! Thanks Jeanne!
    Hardin, and others who have posted me good directions, also thank you very much. I only knew one way to post pics, but now I now several! However, the problem turned out to be getting the little menu to pop up by right clicking, while on the internet. So, on DH's and Jeanne's suggestion, I tried Explorer, and voila.
    Good thing too - now I can post birthday cakes again! I missed Sarah Sheepco's. Better get "baking"!

I think I'll stick with Firefox as long as I don't want to put any pictures in though.

• comettose
    14 years ago

{{gwi:172596}}