Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

Rest in Peace Boa

koijoyii
14 years ago

Boa crossed Rainbow Bridge today to be with her mom, brother and sister. She lost a long fight with hyperthroidism and quite possibly cancer. She was fine on Friday. She was playful and even jumping from coffee table to the couch. She stopped eating on Saturday and started vomiting Sunday morning, she got diahhrea(sp) Sunday afternoon and it was downhill from there. It seemed like overnight her eyes had sunk back into her head. When they weighed her she had lost 1 lb. in the past month. She is at peace now. We were blessed to have her for 17 years. Rest in peace Boa till we meet again in eternity.

Boa 1992-2009

{{gwi:172747}}

Jenny

Comments (12)

• chickadeedeedee
    14 years ago

:*(
    *~*~*~*~*HUGS*~*~*~*~*

Camp Nappy :*(

• sleeplessinftwayne
    14 years ago

So, so sorry, Jenny. Ditto on those hugs and the tears. Sandy

• catherinet
    14 years ago

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear about Boa! She followed my Titter Tat over the bridge. He was there to meet her. I'm sure they're having a wonderful time together!
    ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

• maryo_nh
    14 years ago

Oh Jenny.... what sad news. Here's another hug.

((((((((((hug))))))))))))

The house will feel empty for a while... but just remember, she's waiting to curl up on your lap when you get there eventually.

When our Sasha went to the great field in the sky where she plays and runs with the other dogs, I looked through all our photos and made a batch of prints, put them in a little album... this was very therapeutic for me, and I gave it to my DH, which was very therapeutic for him. We still have the little album with the ones of the grandchildren, so once in a while we look at the pics. Sweet memories.

:) Mary

• catherinet
    14 years ago

How are you doing Jenny? Its a rough road for awhile.
    Today I was sitting on the couch and looked over at the coffee table, and there was the furminator (a special fur brush) with a tuft of Titter's fur in it. I took the fur and rubbed it against my fact. I got so sad.
    There are good times and bad times. But like Mary says....there are so many sweet memories. It might take a little time to feel good with the memories, but you'll get there. Here's more hugs for you........((((Jenny)))))

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your condolences. I am doing OK. My mom always told us that all our pets and relatives are on loan to us from God and that one day God will call them home. God called Boa home and now he is entrusting another soul to us to care for. How about Sweety Peach? She is a doll. She was delivered to me this evening and is presently housed in my bathroom to give Willow, Luna and Mickey a chance to get used to her, and give Sweety Peach a chance to get used to them. I always loved orange cats, but the majority of them are male and I prefer females. I lucked out to find an orange female with blue eyes, nontheless. Sorry for the small picture, but it's from the Petfinder website. I will post more pics of her when she gets used to her new environment and the flash doesn't scare her. She is five years old and the 88 year-old woman that had her is going into an assisted living home. She is spayed and front declawed. She was free. However, since Love-a-Stray posted her pic I am going to make a donation to them. We are so grateful to the Lord for letting us have Boa for seventeen years we are opening our home to two more kitties. My son is selecting the second one since Boa was his cat. I found Sweety Peach when he was showing me the cats he was interested in adopting. We are going to Petsmart tomorrow to meet Saffron a tuxedo kitten.

{{gwi:172749}}

Jenny

• catherinet
    14 years ago

Sounds like you're getting right back up in the saddle again Jenny! I hope that elderly woman knows that her little one is going to a great home!
    I'm happy to hear that you're finding other little beings to give your love to!

• sheepco
    14 years ago

Jenny,

I'm sooo sorry for your loss, tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type. I'm so glad you've brought Ruby and Checotah into your home - they needed you just when your family needs them the most. I feel your pain because I just lost my sweet chocolate lab Lily 3 weeks ago to Mast Cell cancer. She went so fast, but was in so much pain in the end and I couldn't help her...except for the kindest gift we can give a suffering pet. She was only 6 years old.

Rest in peace Boa, and run free my Lily, play with all the WH you want, ....we'll meet again. Hugs to you Jenny, and to your son.

Sarah

{{gwi:172752}}

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Sarah for your kind words. I am so sorry to hear about Lily, but I know she had a good life with you and your family for her short six years. My son and I throw hugs back at ya!

My very first grandchild was born September 2. A little girl, and they named her Sarah. Just love your name.

Jenny

• catherinet
    14 years ago

Oh Sarah........I'm so sorry about Lily! It just breaks your heart!
    Congrats on the grandchild Jenny!
    ...... the circle of life, right?

• sheepco
    14 years ago

Thank you both, and yes CONGRATS on the new grand baby!!
    Can we get a photo please?

The circle of life...so true. A new baby is truely a blessing!

Sarah

• goodkarma_
    14 years ago

OMG Jenny, I am so sorry. I just came across this thread. Rest in peace dear Boa. Thank you for accepting Mclovin in to your home and giving my daughter a safe place to come home to. You were (are) an incredibly beautiful soul and I am sorry to hear of your passing. I hope to see you again over the Bridge.

Love,
    Lisa