Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm home!

Posted by scottspond (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 21:59

Well, we got home night before last around 9:15pm EST. We were both tired from the trip and pretty much just skimmed through the internet. I did visit the forum but didn't feel like typing.

Our journey up wasn't very fun. It rained half the time. Well, actually, it poured down to the point that you could barely see the car in fron of you. When we got to Atlanta, there was a point where my wife and I were yelling at each other. Partly because I was driving and couldn't see very well. She was trying to tell me where to turn. We finally made it to I-20 and apologized to each other.

Sunday wasn't much better. We went to church at my dad's church and the sun was shining when we got out. We went back to my sister's house where we had pot roast, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, gravy, white beans, and corn bread. That night, we went to Pizza Hut for supper. Oh, Saturday night, we were taken out to a local Italian restraunt by my parents. As if that wasn't enough eating, Monday came and there was a big barbeque at my parents house. The whole family was there.

We had a good time even if we didn't get to go to the botanical gardens because of the weather.

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm home!

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 10:28

Forget botanical when you can eat like (really hungry) kings and queens! LOL Sorry the weather conspired, Scott. I've been there (yelling during inclement weather...while driving....in a not too familiar place...). Glad you made it home safe and sound, though!

Brenda

o
RE: I'm home!

Rain? Here in Georgia????????????? Are you sure it wasn't a mirage?!?!

I think we had a grand total to 1.5" of rain for the entire month of August and first week in September here in NW burbs of ATL.

Scott, of course you do realize that you are in BIG trouble for coming up all the way this way and not even thinking about dropping by to say hey! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here