Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another team for HSDM!!!!

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 22:13

WoooHooo! My second chance to help train a Service Dog team for Hearing and Service Dogs of MN turned out sucessfully today when JJ and Kao (the lab) passed their certification!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

JJ fractured his C3,C4 in a boating accident July 4, 2001 and is paralyzed except for limited use of his arms. He works as a telephone operator for Walmart in a town about an hour from me.

Kao getting told "leave it" during the public access part of certification....

Kao holds his stay when a strange dog passes by...

What a pair!

I'm so proud of them, thanks for looking! S

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another team for HSDM!!!!

There are so many things you have helped make better it's impossible to mention them all. I am so glad there are people like you out there. Thank you. Sandy

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 1, 07 at 10:55

Sarah, you're so awesome! JJ and Kao look so happy together (LOVE that last pic!), thanks to you. *sniffle* Way to go! You deserve to be proud, lady!

Brenda

o

Most of us (myself including) talk about making a difference. But few actually do. Thanks for being you.

o

Wow Sarah! Such a profound life altering change for the good because of your dedication. You truly have been blessed and pass that blessing along to others. :-)

o

Thank you all, but the real trainers are the puppy raisers, foster homes and trainers at HSDM, I just guide the client through the learning once the dog is ready!

It is a great big warm fuzzy for me when they don't need me anymore! And I can't imagine NOT doing it, I'd hate the thought that even one person couldn't get a hearing or service dog 'cause they couldn't find someone out here in the sticks to help once they got the dog home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here