Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

Jack 'O Lantern Pix!!

sheepco
17 years ago

Ok ponders! Give us your best in the coming weeks!

As you put your ponds to bed and carve your punkins - get CREATIVE! Let's see 'em!

(Oops mine aren't ready yet)

Comments (20)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Well, these are from last year. The image quality isn't that great, since I'm still getting the hang of the darkness-shooting-toward-the-light thing. And they weren't freestyle; we used a kit. :D

Brenda

(You may have to refresh the page to make them show up.)

Mine

{{gwi:172974}}

DH's

{{gwi:172977}}

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

{{gwi:172979}}

• sheepco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Very nice Brenda!
    Zchick...ummm...LOL!

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

That was pretty much my reaction when I got it in an email. I think that'll be my costume this year.

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL! Candle placement would be tricky.

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hot crossed buns!

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

YEEESH! I will never look at another pumpkin the same way EVER again.

Now this is probably gonna inspire Weird Al Yankovic to do a parody of Sir-Mix-A-Lot's song...

"I like big pumpkins and I cannot lie..."

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

I've been meaning to carve a pumpkin to post here but unfortunately that outlook is now very grim due to an uninspected visit by {{gwi:172971}}. :-(

• youreit
    17 years ago

Outlook is very grim!! LOL! I don't think a scarecrow sprayer is going to work on that one...or a dog, a net, you name it.

If he moves, and the trick-er-treaters are walking by....oh, such fun! Hehehehe.

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

ha! my scythe is bigger than yours :)

yours is scarier though.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"my scythe is bigger than yours :)
    yours is scarier though."

If only I had a $1 for everytime I heard that line! :-)

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

My pumpkin is sitting on the front porch to be carved...
    ...soon (I hope)

Love the pics!

Mark, is that your bench? Where did you get it?

Why can't witches have babies?...
    Because Warlocks have HOLLOWEENIES!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEE HEEEEEE HEEEEEE!!!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LMAO!!! It takes a big man to admit his shortfalls, Fi guy. :D

We're carving pumps tomorrow! Hope to see pics of yours, 'Poo!

(If the above comments were overheard in my neighborhood, I'd be committed in a hearbeat....)

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Poo3, that's the king & queen bench I {{gwi:171587}} and built earlier this fall out of Spanish Cedar (a very neat hardwood). It's part of the pond deck which has a garden chess theme.

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

ok, my face is beet red now...

• youreit
    17 years ago

Well, I tried to carve a pumpkin this weekend, but as I was removing some pumpkin chunks (after about 2 hours worth of getting the seeds out and scraping, outlining, carving, etc.), the "face" had a blowout. Everyone kept suggesting toothpicks as a way to perform surgery on it, but I lost all of my Halloween spirit at that point. *sigh*

Grandson Jonah didn't want any part of the seeds/innards, either. LOL I can't say I blame him. They're pretty gross. :D

I do have a link below with images of some awesome pumpkin pics, though, that were sent to me via email! Creativity galore! :)

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic 1 of...thirteen. Hope this works.

• catherinet
    17 years ago

Semper Fi.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Oh Wow, Mark, I suspected as much. It's really unique. I can never find anything with character in the stores. (Rustic, yet with charm) It's for my garden/pond area. I've been looking for 3 yrs and have thought many times to try to build one. Yeah, I could try...but afterward I'm afraid some unsuspecting visitor may find themselves LAYING ON the garden! lol

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"I'm afraid some unsuspecting visitor may find themselves LAYING ON the garden!"

And that's a bad thing??? Remember, we all need a good laugh now and again! 8-)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Yeah, just ask Sandy about that. LOL!

Brenda