Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'What To Say When You Talk To Yourself'? - Have You Read It???

Posted by ARUM 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 25, 05 at 13:04

I'm reading this book, and I like it a lot. Have you read it? If so, may I have your thoughts? - on the book that is. :) arum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'What To Say When You Talk To Yourself'? - Have You Read It??

Yes, Arum, I read it several years ago... great book... it really gets to the meat of the matter about the internal dialogue we all have with ourselves every day, almost every waking minute when we're not talking with someone else or actively mentally engaged in something else.

The simple act of learning to think "I'm a capable person and I can do what I set out to do, etc.," rather than "I'm such a loser and nothing ever goes right for me," and so forth, can have a powerful impact on how successful we are in our daily lives.

I probably need to go back and read it again, though, as I've fallen back into some of the old, bad habits.

Enjoy the book and try to apply what it says. I highly recommend it.
Jeff

o

Jeff, you seem to be the type of guy who dosen't need to read it. Witty, fun, and a positive thinker. You must of put the information to good use. :) Arum

o

Well thanks very much, Arum... but then I read it several years ago, so perhaps some of what you say you see in my personality is due to the book's influence?

And I should say the same about you, except that even though you're witty, fun and a positive thinker, I still encourage you to finish the book, just out of general principle :)

Hey, maybe we should start our own Mutual Admiration Society :-P

Happy Reading!
Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here