Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When my son left for Iraq, he left us a gift...

Posted by ericandannjolees_poo z8 S.Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 16:42

My third grandbaby is due the end of May!
Now, where's Semper Fi to rename me again? Too bad I can't change my name on this forum twice, to include the new baby. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When my son left for Iraq, he left us a gift...

No prob. Just get son and DIL to name the new baby Poo!

;^)

o

Poo! Congratulations! Wonderful! Oh! Babies are the best. Babies are so wonderful (she said, thinking of her own new granddaughter). Being a grammy is so wonderful.
Did I mention how wonderful it is when you are the grandma of a new baby?

Poo, I wish for you to be able to go and hold him/her lots of times during the first few weeks!
*beaming*

:)Mary
*my new vocation is being a human baby crib*
*or baby swing*
*or baby blanket*

o

Poo, I believe BIG congrats are in order!

Does the new GW regime still have the same policy regarding name changes??? Even so, I'm guessing that the iVillage folks would be willing to bend the rules a little if you contacted them via email and explained your situation.

For our typing fingers' sake though, I hope ya'll name the new grand baby 'Al' or 'Bo'! It'll be heck typing EricandanjoleeandChritophers_Poo!!! Of course, the upside would be that if we ever have a forum get together, everybody would be able to spot you right away because of your chest wide name tag!!! :-)))

o

congrats poo!

o

Yea poo! And what a great month to have a baby!

Mary you crack me up!

o

Awwww, congratulations, Poo, et al! American soldiers are such giving people. :D

I'm with Mary! I would be happy being anything but a baby hamper for our little grand-darlin! Brings a whole new meaning to the name "Poo". LOL

Brenda

o

Thanks so much for all the congrats.

Mary, I WILL be able to hold this one almost as much as my first, now that d-i-l & grandkids have moved closer to home. Even missing my son, I'm one happy Poo!!!

Mark, last I looked, it still said only one change. I never give thought to special priveledges, but it may be in order. Thanks for the idea. And don't worry about the long name, it will be simply, "Grandmapoo". :)

BTW, does everyone remember me telling you about Annjolee's arrival? Well, she just had her first birthday last week! Because they lived in Tenn, I missed out on a lot of her development, but not this one! Also, my son has arranged for leave for the baby's birth. :)

o

Grandma_Cubed,

How long is this latest tour of duty expected to last? I know the earlier stints lasted anywhere from 10-14 months but I was under the impression that they were now trying to shorten the length to 7-9 months.

-Mark

o

Mark, a yr. as far as we know. Depends on stop losses, etc. Could be longer. He was due to get out in Feb '06, as it is. He's already xtended by 6 mos. You know how it goes. This time the home front is also fighting hard...to convince him NOT TO RE-ENLIST!!! He's in his 7th yr. He has spent almost 4 of those yrs. deployed.
I just sent an e-mail, asking for a name change, BEFORE I read your post. Grandma_Cubed is cute, dangit! Wonder if they'll think I'm crazy if I ask for another change? Thanks. :)

o

"Wonder if they'll think I'm crazy if I ask for another change?"

NAHHHHH! They already KNOW that about most of "them folks" in the Pond Forum! LOL!

o

Who cares what they say, anyway. The pond forums have too much fun and they're just jealous!!! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here