Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

A chain for Thanksgiving

sleeplessinftwayne
18 years ago

I thought a little note from those of you who wanted to say something today would be nice. So here are my greetings to start it off.

I am giving thanks this cold, snowy November holiday and every other day of the year for all the friends and aquaintences chance met on this forum. Most of you, I will never have a chance to meet or speak to personally, but through a common interest we have shared much more than just information. With all our trials and tribulations, our complaints and sucesses, we have become a community and sometimes a family, warts and all. I wish you warmth and friendship, delight and contentment along with enough turkey to swear off til Christmas. Sandy

Comments (11)

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

Oh, Sandy. You are a friend of mine.

I thought of you at the retirement party for a Clark County extension agent last week, another good pal and colleague.

I'm thankful for my good health, for freedom and strength and clarity, for good humor, the soft fur of my bad dogs, the crooked grin of my potato-peeling lover and an ethereal connection to souls such as yours.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

-- Zinnia

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Family, friends, food, fun, and of course, football. Not necessarily in that order! :-)

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

What he meant to say was, Go Browns! Woof, Semper Fi.

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"Go Browns! "

OH GEEEEZ! Somebody's gettin' a head start with egg nogs!

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

too many things to mention....but sandy, you put it so wonderfully! ditto ditto ditto (if you dont mind).

happy thanksgiving all!

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Ditto for me too :^)

Especially ditto to Zinnia .... GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ericandannjolees_poo
    18 years ago

To every person who loves and supports those that love and care for them. God bless you.
    May the chain never be broken.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! :)

• bonz
    18 years ago

The turkey was burnt,
    the stuffing was dry
    Off of the floor
    I picked pumpkin pie

Potatos and gravy
    Both were quite lumpy
    But everyone laughed
    And no one was grumpy

We had a good time
    Friends and family were here
    I can't wait to do it
    again next year!!

PS... I hope everyone's day was great, and now LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!

• goodkarma_
    18 years ago

Thankful for all the help and support I received from other forum members this year.

Thankful for a chance to share a nice holiday with my family. Feeling blessed to have a warm home, especially in such cold weather.

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful holiday season.

• sheepco
    18 years ago

Sandy, you said it wonderfully!

I'm thankful for my family (the furry ones too), good friends, good health, a home I love, work I enjoy, and the ability to take all of these things and hopefully use them to make the lives of others a little bit better when I can.

I'm also thankful to meet new people like you and the others on this forum every chance I get, true friends are few and far between and I hope I never pass up the opportunity to make new friends.

May you all be blessed as I've been this holiday season!
    Sarah

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

I'm thankful -

- for the first snow falling Thursday morning (nya nya to you poor snow-deprived southerners)
    - for my new granddaughter who is just a month old!
    - for living close enough to go visit three times a week!
    - for the ponder knowledge I gain from y'all (and the fun of the, ehm, what will I call it? you know, the BS posts, I'm at a loss for a nice word)
    - for the bottom drain! Thanks again, Claude!
    - for the BEST screensavers ever (squirrel pictures, Isis and the door, lovely ponds, cute little birds, etc etc)
    - to you all for making sure I didn't feel lonely when I was in Singapore all summer (with only one DH for company)
    - for being DONE with the marble tiles in the bathroom under renovation! Yeay! (Now, the grout)
    - For relatives and friends and virtual friends and pets.

:) Mary
    with my wishes added to everyone else's!

*Getting our christmas tree asap!*

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting