Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Birthday to Ju!

Posted by semper_fi Z7 GA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 07 at 20:50

A new thread for birthday wishes for Pond forum regulars (or even those who might be constipated!). Feel free to add to this thread or even start another since traffic seems to be dwindling.

First up... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY (Sleeplessinftwayne). Hope you have/had a great one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Birthday to Ju!

Happy Birthday Sandy!

*~*~*May all your dreams come true!*~*~*

Camp Nappy Campers :-)

o
RE: Happy Birthday to ..... Ju All!

Happy Birthday to all Semper Fi!

Today is the 232nd birthday of the United States Marine Corps, dontchaknow?!?!

OoooooooooooooRAH!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 8:32

Happy birthday to the maximum, Sandy!!!! I hope you weren't sleepless on your big day. :D

OooooooooooRAH!!!!! Make today "Kiss a Marine" day. :D

Brandy

o

Oh boy, it's Sandy's turn - Happy Birthday to you!

And a big salute to all marines (if I can remember what Dad taught me)

And happy birthday to Ju - whoever that is :^)

o

Hey there. Thank you very much. Birthdays here are fairly understated since the boys are on their own but DH took me out to dinner at a new seafood restaurant. I had crabcakes and he had the salmon. No bar, sad to say but it was a very pleasant evening. Unfortunately, I was up at 3am with a medium sized case of food poisoning. I was supposed to go to a brunch but I had to send my regrets. By the time I got through at RediMed the vertigo was very interesting and I spent the rest of the day sound asleep.
However, the birthday was not a loss. I had calls and cards from friends and family and a pleasant evening. I've certanly had worse. Now I have greetings from you so I would say it was a good birthday. :) Sandy

o

Happy Birthday Sandy - sorry to hear you were sick with food poisoning - Eeeek.......... that is awful.

o

Belated Best Wishes Sandy!!!

o

Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 8:40

Sorry to hear about your food poisoning experience, Sandy! I'm curious....did you call the restaurant about it? I tried that once, just to let them know, and they offered us a free meal. Uhhh, nope, don't think I want to eat there again, but thanks! :D

Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Brenda

o

Sandy, my congrats as well! I would have had the crab cakes too. (In fact, we were out for a bite last Thursday nite, and I had crab cakes.) (But my stomach held out fine.)
Next time you're pining for them, try the 99 Restaurant. Our town sports one right next to Home Depot. Excellent combo.

I'm glad it was a nice day in the end.

:) Mary

o

Sandy, i forgot your cake. Sorry! Here it is! It's a healthy one, you don't have to worry about calories with this one.

Enjoy!

o

Oh, Mary! That is a great looking cake! With all those veggies on it, it must be good for us, too! Thank you.
My food poisoning was minor and cleared up quickly and the Dramamine helped the dizzies.
Brenda, I did not call the restaurant. I might have done that a few years ago, but I have found that unless you plan to sue they will decide you are just a trouble maker looking for a free meal. That's what you ran into, I think. People have really gotten strange about things like that. The only time I told a restaurant manager something wasn't right he practically threw us out. He couldn't believe I wanted only to keep someone else from getting sick. Next time I will simply ask the waiter to bring me something else.
I'm not famiiliar with the 99 restaurants. Maybe they have another name here. Sandy

o

Happy Belated birthday Sandy! So terribly sorry you got sick. I love crab cakes and that just scares me. Glad your tummy and dizzies are better. Hope next year is a better experience. Love the veggie cake. That has to be good ;-)
Bonnie

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 1, 07 at 7:45

Sandy, please excuse my tardinness and accept my belated Happy Birthday wishes. I have not been "tuning in" to the pond forum conversations page all that much lately, so I missed your birthday notification.
Hope you are over the effects from the crabs....cakes that is....!!!
Keep smiling.
"Horton"

o

Thank you, Horton and Bonnie. I think it was all just trying to get out of working outdoors when the warm temps were still out there. I really, really need to get more sleep. High noon is way too late even for me. Sandy

o

CRAP! On behalf of all of us slackers in the pond, happy belated birthday Jeanner. Hope you had a great one.

o

Oooopsy - Hope you had a wonderful birthday Jean!

Here is a link that might be useful: Happy Birthday?!?!?!? Smile!

o
happy birthday from me

OK, couldn't help myself - I liked them both........so this one goes out to everyone that has ever had a birthday:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Murphy's Law Birthday

o

A Happy Belated Birthday, Jean!!!

*~*~*~*May all your dreams come true!*~*~*~*

hanging our heads low in 113% shame ... the Slackers at Camp Nappy :-)

o

Awwwwwww - a baby squirrel! We had those as a kid - out cat nursed them until they took off into the wild. Are you taking care of this baby? Baby squirrels are born around February to early March here. I noticed Mom squirrels ripping stuffing out of an outside cusion the other day and making off with it.

o

Jean! Happy! Birthday! One day late!

Sorry about the delay. And here's your cake.

Enjoy!

o

Mon, Jan 14, 08 at 8:58

Cripes! The birthday link has been missing from GW, and I KNEW I'd miss one! Jean, I hope you had the BEST day ever!

(Mad at myself....)

Brenda

o

Brenda - what a darling photo - that baby bird is too cute!

I'm beginning to wonder if Jean missed her own birthday:-)

o

Ah thanks, you are all the greatest! Thanks for the cake, the squirrel (okay C3D tell us the story behind your darling friend), the absolutely hilarious Murphy video and that last picture from Brenda - priceless! And of course, Semper for remembering me :^)

I did have a wonderfully quiet day on my birthday. Which was good since mayhem errupted on Sunday when I found out that I had given my mothers ENTIRE SUMMER WARDROBE to Goodwill. She moved into a retirement living apartment after Christmas and we've been clearing out her condo. Somehow the message that the clothes left in one of her closets was to be kept never got to me. So I've been going to all of the goodwills (apparently they keep what they want and send them to other stores) trying to find something that looks familiar - so far NOTHING! ALot of what she had I had bought for her so that helps but there were at least 3 garbage bags of clothes in that closet. This would be easier if she was involved but I just cannot fathom taking my 84 year old mother to all the goodwill stores to buy back her clothes. And besides I have not told her yet, I was really hoping to find some of them. I can't believe this happened - I guess I am going to be doing some shopping for her in the coming months. Arggggh.

o

Oh, Jean, that is truly a terrible thing to happen to your mother's clothing. You must feel absolutely miserable. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully, some one hasn't begun sorting those bags yet.
Here I was going to laugh with everyone about the cake and the furious bird. Sandy

o

Tue, Jan 15, 08 at 8:48

Ack! That sounds like a sitcom episode, Jean! I hope you find your happy ending. Just think, though, your mom can have a stylish new wardrobe for the 2008 bikini season. :D

*HUGS*

Brenda

o

Sorry to hear that Jean - , but on the bright side I bet Mom might enjoy spending some time with her daughters on a shopping spree! Clothes can be replaced but not the great times and memories spent with our Mom.

o

Oh Jean! Sorry to hear about your Mom's clothes. I hope you can get them back ... at least something that is hers.

Shopping for new clothes is always a fun XX thing too. :-)

C3D

o

Still haven't found a single article of clothing and I've been to nine different Goodwills. They seem to have just vanished! I do feel bad, she bought so little for herself when we were kids that later she became somewhat of a clothes fanatic - she loved to dress up and go out to lunch with the ladies. So shopping we will do! And thanks to all for the encouragement.

o

Well crap, again. Real life drama has got me all screwed up with keeping up with cyber-birthdays. The Slackers Anonymous missed Heather and Toots' birthdays yesterday. Hope you had a great one.

And just so that I won't miss anybody else's birthday any time soon, if JU reading this are having a birthday this year... well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love preemptive strikes! :-)

o

YIKES! Slackers 'R Us too. :-)

Hope you had the happiest of birthdays!

Nappy Campers

o

All right girls, one little delicacy each. And many happy belated returns!

I'm a day late with these because such delightful baking results can only be achieved with an extra day of work.

PS I just reviewed my secret files for February bdays... trying to stay ahead...

o

OMG, can I get one of those?

Happy, happy birthdays ladies! Sorry I missed the big days!
(dealing with no H2O at -20F can do that to a person)

Best wishes! Sarah

o

Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 7:59

Hope the daring duo had a dashing day doing daffy deeds!
Happy Birthday to both of you.
"Horton"

o

Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 8:14

Oy!! Hope you both had a MARVELOUS day celebrating your births! Sorry I missed it, but what else is new? :D

Mary, I think we'll need about 100 more of those, please. *drool city*

Brenda

o

Thanks folks for the well wishes and that delish looking cake. It was the big 50 birthday! Yikes - where does the time go. Thanks again.....Toots (aka CT).

o

And Thanks from me too!!! Those little cakes look MMM MMM good!!! --Heather

o

If I change my birthday, can I get one of those? Ohmigod!! I'm already on a Chocolate binge with the weather and I think I just may start inhaling it soon. Chocolate is an anti-depressant. Or am I just manic??
Happy Birthday, Heather and Toots. Sandy

o

Got....to.......resisttt......lookin'...at..........those........caaaaaakes......

*THUD*

o

semper, get off the floor and back on the bike....you can do it...ahh...

Got...to.....resisttt..................GULP...aahhhhhhhhh :0)

o

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. Bbbbbbbiiiiikkkkkke!

o

Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 8:36

Hey, DH has the big 5-0 coming up next January, CT! Is it painful? :D

Bike good, Fig eye, bike good. *wiping chocolate mousse off my face*

Brenda

o

"Hey, DH has the big 5-0 coming up next January, CT! Is it painful? :D"

Nope! Just another day in my life. Besides - I pass for 40:-) Well, some folks thing so anyway.

o

Mister Day Late, Dollar Short here. We're making a bad habit of being tardy. Happy belated birthday Herr Horton.

Here you go Sir:

You will need these for MaryO's pending birthday cake! :-)

Cheers.

o

Here's to the day Horton was hatched! A happy day indeed.

o

OY!

A Happy Belated Birthday Wish to Horton!

*~*~*~*May all your dreams come true!*~*~*~*

Camp Nappy Slackers :-)

o

Happy Belated wishes here too! Dang, brain frost again.
Sarah

o

Semper to the rescue again!

!!!! Happy Horton Day !!!!!
(Hey I think that has a nice ring to it!)

And apparently I missed CT's and hnladue's also - so I think you two should celebrate again!

o

Hope it was a good one Horton!

o

Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 7:46

Danke Herr Comandant Semp, that was a lot of work,very nice indeed.

Miss Zinnia, Thank you, I still have egg on my face.

Camp Nappiers, great to hear from you both thank you, I'm wishing hard.

Sarah, Merci Buttercups, Sorry to hear about your frozen nogging, but don't go sticking it in the oven!

Jean, Sounds something like Ground Hog Day, which isn't at all bad, thank you too.

I had a great birthday dinner and lots of fun, with my wife, my children, their spouses and our grandchildren, plus their new pup.
Who could ask for anything more?
Thank you all,
"Horton"

o

Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 8:07

LOL!!! @ the weight smart pills!

I'm so glad to hear you had a good'un, Hor Ton!!!!

Brenda

o

Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 9:01

Thank you CT and Brenda Bombshell.
"Hor Ton"

o

Oh my, Horton please add my good wishes to the others. At this time of year a celebration is really welcome so it is not only good for you, it is good for your loved ones too. Enjoy! Sandy

o

Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 6:57

Right on Sandy, thank you.
"Horton"

o

Horton! Many happy returns!

Sorry about the delay. I was visiting with dad. But, I brought you something special!

o

Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 15:19

Thanks Ducky! I will treasure them fer sure.
"H"

o

Are those white chocolate goosi's? I see a golden egg so it must be the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg.

They look delicious!

o

Cheers!

*hiccup*

o

Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 7:18

Mary, Black Rum cake!
Fankoo very much! hic!

o

Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 10:10

I can't wait for your new movie, Horton! Mmmm, golden eggs and black rum! And Who!

Brenda

o

Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 11:41

It's going to be a hoot,as long as my fellow Canadian Jim Carrey, gets the voice nuances down correctly.
I wonder why they did not include those nasty Wickersham Brothers in the movie. Maybe too scary??
"Horton"

Here is a link that might be useful: Horton Hears A Who

o

Wishing a very happy birthday to one of the forum faves: Ms. Bonz.

Hope you are not TOO frozen up there in the frozen tundra.

o

Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 15:36

Happy bir'day and many more of them Bonz.
"Horton"

o

Bonz, if you're listening.....

Happy birthday! And enjoy the 'bons!

o

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

And Mary, those look great, kinda wish I had a few right now :)

I am sooo ready for spring.....

o

Sun, Mar 9, 08 at 10:11

Happy, happy birthday, Bonz!!! Hope you had a GREAT day with lots of yummy bits!! :D

And may Spring visit you VERY soon. *fingers crossed*

Brenda

o

Happy Birthday Bonz!

Buried in Snow Nappy Campers :-)

o

I wish you a happy birthday too. Do you supose a few of those chocolates could find their way to this address? Oh never mind. I just made myself sick on the slice of a three chocolate cake from the fancy restaurant where DH and his twin decided to go for their birthday dinner. Like a fool I ate the whole thing and I should have made it last a whole week. My head is spinning, my tummy feels bloated and I don't want any thing to eat forever. Sandy

o

Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 9:21

LOL!! Oh, Sandy, I know of which you speak, unfortunately. I hate that feeling!! Happy b-day to the twins, too!!

Also, a very happy birthday to 'Poo! Hope you have a wonderful day, surrounded by lots o' love and goodies!

Brenda

o

The Happiest of Birthdays To Poo Poo Poo!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Camp Nappy Campers :-)

o

What they said.

o

It was 'Poo's birthday?!?!?!?

Poo! Sweetheart, a very happy year to you and many, many happy returns.

They forgot to put the "poo" part on the cake, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

:) Love, Mary

o

And many, many more!!!

Sarah

(Man, you just can't skip a day on this one)

o

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, thanks!!! We are ALL doing great. Been busy with family. Thought Mark was going to have to add another name to the bench, false alarm! That's ok, 3's enough!!! (Wiping forehead, while telling Eric, "Wait one second!"
Nice to visit here again. Have a G-R-E-A-T spring everyone!

o

Hi Poo!

Nice to "see" you again. You aren't getting flooded are you? Hope that you and all the Poos have a great spring too! :-)

C3D and the Nappies

o

I thought I answered you C3D, but I guess my msg didn't post. Well, what I said was something like, Thanks and no flooding, but really wet, unlike our friend over in Georgia. I was praying along with them for rain to grace their state.

Great to "see" you too! Spring has definately arrived here in S/E Texas. It's amazing how after many, many years of experiencing it, it's still such a spirit renewing and beautiful experience. :)

o

It was a birthday! And nobody noticed! Hey! Wake up folks! One of two VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE! Two days ago already!

Cliff! Or Joan!

Dear sweethearts, so sorry. But, water under the bridge. So, here's wishing you many, many happy returns, and many, many happy years of ponding!

PS Little mistake with the frosting - that should have read "WE love you"!

o

OMG! Thanks Mary!

Happy Belated Birthday Cliff / Joan!

*~*~*~*~May all your dreams come true!!!!!~*~*~*~*

The late C3D :-)

o

Yes, Happy Belated Birthday Cliff or Joann!
May your ponds remain crystal clear and your koi pups continue to flourish! Cheers!
Sarah

o

Fri, May 16, 08 at 12:20

Yep, I always miss b-days now! LOL

Hope you had a GREAT day, full of koi puppy kisses and plenty of pond time, "CliAnn" (or "JIff")!!

Brenda

o

Happy Birthday, Rani!

You're one year old with a busy day of eating doggy ice cream, opening presents of squeaky toys, and chewing on Daisy. Life is good!

*~*~*May all your doggy dreams come true!*~*~*

Camp Nappy Campers

o

Happy Birthday Pretty Girl!!

o

Sun, May 18, 08 at 10:13

Awwww!!! Happy birthday, Rani!! Such a big girl, all grown up! Check out the gams on that dame. BIG, SLOPPY kisses and plenty of nibbles from Auntie Brenda. :D

Brenda

o

Happy birthday everyone! So sorry i have missed them ALL and best wishes and lots of happy thoughts coming your way!!!
Bonnie

o
Birthday wishes Rani !

Mary and Tigger want to wish Rani a very happy and tailwagging good day!!!!!!! Happy birthday pretty lady.

Photobucket
This wags for you :-)
Bonnie, Mary, and Tigger

o

Thanks Sarah, Brenda and Bonnie. :-)

We set up the two wading pools for the girls to play in. Rani enjoyed running after the water from the hose. It had been raining for a few days so some of the yard was back to being swamp and Rani was a muddy mess. Surely her ~show dog~ potential status was in question by the looks of her yesterday. Title of mud wrestling champion? For sure! LOL!

Awww. Mary and Tigger are beauties! Tail wags back to them!

C3D

o

What a beautiful pair Rani and Daisy make! And those looks are precious.

LOL at the tail wags! Anticipation!

o

Folks, we missed a few birthdays!
- Pondboi! Pondboi, are you still visiting the forum? Happy belated b'day friend!
- Mike from Illinois! Our much appreciated all-around helper with pond construction etc etc. Mike, you too, belated but no less warm wishes for all the best this coming year!

Also, Adrea's (Isis) birthday is coming up the 30th, so, girl, we might as well include you in our waves of cyber hugs and kisses. This cake is for all three of you!

The picture is a bit fuzzy but it's the best I could do with this very, very special cake.

Btw, if I missed anybosy else's birthday, that's because I don't know everybody's, and life has been too busy for me to extend the list... but feel heartily congratulated as well!

o

Fri, Jun 27, 08 at 10:06

Thank goodness for you, Mary!! I'm just too much of a flake to keep track of any b-days not on "the list." :D LOVE that cake!! LOL

Happy belated to you, Pondboi and Mike in IL!! Haven't seen you both around in a while, but I hope you're doing well! Miss your great advice in Discussions, Mike. :)

Adrea, hope your doggies are doing fabulous! I miss reading your stories filled with adventure and mayhem...and fresh, meaty puppies. :D Have a GREAT b-day!!

Brenda

o

Happy B-Day Bonz. Another year wiser, no?! :-)

o

Happy Birthday Pooptie Poo3! Hope you had a great day.

o

Happy Birthday from Camp Nappy too, Poo Poo Poo! :-)

May all your dreams come true!

o

Happy birthdays Bonz and 'Poo! Here is a lovely cake for you. To help you dream of Spring at the pond.

o

How sweet! Thank you. Love the frogs on the cake. BTW I just saw my first little green tree frog on my window.
HAPPY SPRING TO ALL
Poo :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here