Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodkarma_

Whatcha getting yourself your Christmas?

goodkarma_
18 years ago

Come on........What are you getting for yourself that no one else needs to know? I am getting myself a new external pump. Fah la la la la .....

Whatcha getting?

Comments (28)

• pondmaninfl
    18 years ago

I'm getting a .357 Magnum Taurus or S&W. Here kitty, kitty. >:o)

Of course, I will have back up in case I miss. My wife wants a S&W Semi auto .45 ACP.

G'day,
    Scott

• norah_s
    18 years ago

I may get a second skimmer for my 30' long pond. Skimmer works ok, but sometimes we get strong winds in the wrong direction and I'd just love to have one on the other end to catch what's blown up there.

Sharon

• isis_nebthet
    18 years ago

A silver arowana.

• youreit
    18 years ago

LOL!! Scott, Santa is gonna hear you one of these days. :D

I considered getting myself one of those personal weather stations, but when I saw the price tag, I reconsidered. I am, after all, an over-thinker when it comes to spending $$$, and it would be so selfish of me, when there are others in need.

So, I ate another piece of cake, and thought of my options, while DH put his '65 El Camino up for sale so as to purchase an ultra-light plane kit for $2500. Becoming glassy-eyed from too much sugar consumption, I watched John Denver (formerly known as DH) spend $300 additional dollars for extending the garage to accommodate the building of the wings of said plane.

As the El Camino gathers dust, I dig into the box of Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts, and wonder if I'll ever truly know the wind speed at 6 o'clock in the morning or if the barometric pressure will drop before Thanksgiving.

I think I'll buy John Denver a plot with a nice headstone for Christmas and a fresh box of Krispy Kremes for me.

Brenda

• sistacrysta
    18 years ago

xmas/bday=clothes....lucky me huh?

• norah_s
    18 years ago

Yikes, Brenda. Might not a personal weather station help keep John Denver alive?

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Beav, compromise is the foundation of a strong marriage. Seems to me that he has the urge to fly and you want to able to check the weather more accurately. For Xmas, I suggest you guys get a weather balloon!!! :-)

-Dr. Phil

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Brenda, it's all in budgeting. You just need to tell Mr. Denver that the weather station needs to go in the plane budget, as Sharon suggested, he will need to know the wind speed.

Thats how I got my pond, somehow I convinced my husband that it was part of the deck budget, even though it is 50 feet away from it :^)

• bihai
    18 years ago

Hmmmm, well this might not be anything any of you would get but I am getting more work done on my full shirtback tattoo for Christmas. Unfortunately that's not pond or even garden themed, but, that's what I am getting and it pleases me.

• isis_nebthet
    18 years ago

Actually I'm getting an african arowana next week ;) The silver can wait.

Brenda,
    My room mate used to give ultra lite lessons. Does he already pilot smaller planes?

Bihai,
    I'm working on one of those myself. I usually go in on my birthday to get work done depending on finance and if I've gotten any one to draw the next piece. Ink is expensive here.

I might have it done before it's a tattoo or burial plot...

Adrea

• bihai
    18 years ago

Yes its expensive here as well, $80-100 per hour. My artist is also a friend so she gives me a break when she can; sometimes she works on me on her day off and its free (so I tip her generously). I think I lack perhaps 5-6 hours now. This particular area was started in 2001, but I have other pieces on other body parts that are as old as 1979. Its kind of an ongoing process I guess. MOst people don't understand it, but that's okay.

• goodkarma_
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Looks like everybody has been very good this year. :)

Scott- It's great that you and your wife share a hobby. lol Now I am off to look up silver arowona on the net.

Merry ponding everyone.

• youreit
    18 years ago

Thank you, Dr. Phig Eye! Roswell, NM, will be nothing compared to our little corner of CA! :D

Adrea, he's going to be taking lessons, since the only time he's flown anything other than r/c planes was when the neighbor let him take over the controls of his plane during a quick ride over the valley. I really think that those with A.D.D. should be licensed for anything that requires "motor" skills. LOL

I really did have my tongue jammed into my facial flab when I spoke of Mr. Denver and kicking off our future family plot. He has already informed me that he will have all of the necessary on-board equipment to foresee any weather problems during flight, so trying to weasel my weather station into the mix will prove difficult. :D

However, I offered to pick out the color of the $2000 parachute he'll need before take off, and I think he looks great in fuschia! ;)

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

sistacrysta- i love clothes for christmas!! (if it is from my sister- she shops so much better than i do.)

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Bihai, look at it this way. When we die, we can't take our Christmas presents with us, but you can!
    Unless of course, it's new clothes :^)

• sistacrysta
    18 years ago

dont mind clothes much but if my fam pic da clothes out i end up looking so...."in style" i guess and thats just not me. like pants that already have holes in them wht the hell is up w/ that? its FREEZING OUT!

• norah_s
    18 years ago

Pants with holes in them will never be "in style" with me!

Once I had a washing machine delivered, and one of the delivery guys had holes in his jeans, right in the seat! And he had on the skimpiest possible underwear (thong) so I could see! While he bent over installing the washer! How "in style" is that? I suppose he thought it was sexy. More like embarrassing, where I come from.

Besides, I think "in fashion" is a more apt phrase. A much-respected friend once commented to me that "fashion is 'we do'; style is 'I do'". I've taken that to heart, and try to be comfortable with my own style, and fashion be hanged.

Sharon

• sistacrysta
    18 years ago

u wanna hear somethin funny?
    i was out shoppin at the mall and whent into the American Eagle store.....we looked at the jeans and the pants w/ the holes in them wer 16$ more than without! my dad was like
    "yep....2.00$ extra for every hole"

i hate how people put themselves in "categories" like being "punk" or "goth" or "prepy" and then say that thur soooooo individual! if you dress according to the "prepy" fashion then your not really individual r u?

they may laugh cuz im different but i laugh cuz they're all the same!

but back to the subject..........

• norah_s
    18 years ago

So which fashion do holey jeans fit into? Goth, punk, prep? Is grunge still a fashion? Gosh, I hope they aren't prep. I remember when prep was plaid skirts, cardigan sweaters, and espardrilles, preferably with a headband and a strand of good pearls.

:^)

• hnladue
    18 years ago

Aren't holey jeans only supposed to worn when gong to church?

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

DH's office is in a major mall and he has been making comments about fashion recently. "What are those crazy teenage girls thinking. It's freezing and they have bare midriffs and no coats!?" I didn't know he knew what a midriff was. Sandy

• isis_nebthet
    18 years ago

Goodkarma here's a link.

My friend got her present she's looking at me like she wants to eat me (a jungle cat hybrid)....

Here is a link that might be useful: arowanas

• sistacrysta
    18 years ago

i dont bother keeping track of wht they call stuff anymur... never herd of grunge...
    lol...no jeans cant be holy!

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

Skimmer? Bigger pump? Skimmer? Bigger pump?

LOL Brenda! You'll have plenty of money to get that weather station when his life insurance pays you. :D (Just joking around of coarse)

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

hmmmm, went looking for a new pair of jeans a few years ago- everything down to the crotch! i refuse! well, maybe they weren't that low but they certainly are now. i went home singing the song, "lowrider" and with no jeans. i'll take a new pair of sweats for christmas, please....

• goodkarma_
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Isis- thanks for the link on the silver arowanas. They really are beautiful fish.

Fairy toadmother you should get a pair of those low rise jeans. Live dangerously. lol

• youreit
    18 years ago

OMG, I can just hear the stories from FTM after Thanksgiving. "I was attempting to hitch up my un-hitch-upable jeans, when I tripped on an outcropping of..." LOL I'll take sweats, too. :D

You've got the idea, Fishy! LOL

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

cranberries! lol, brenda!

goodkarma, it would't be dangerous for me,but for everyone else that will keel over from the spectacle!