Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pondaholics are moving up!

Posted by PondmaninFL z9 FL (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 26, 05 at 23:10

This long weekend has given me a chance to give the club a new form of communication. I have now created a forum for them. It's better than Yahoo and a little better than GW.

So, for anyone that is in the central Florida/Marion county area, we would love you to come visit and possibly join the club. Jeff, it's free, just sign up.

Anyone else is welcome to join the forum also. Just follow the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pondaholics Anonymous Forums

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pondaholics are moving up!

Scott, I have to tell you I'm really honored you invited me, personally, to join your forum, and I did so, immediately.

Nice looking forum you've started there... Good thing, too. If this one "goes South," we'll already have another one IN THE SOUTH to replace it :)

Happy Ponding!
Jeff

o

congrats, scott!

o

Thanks, I appreciate it. It was alot of hard work getting it set up but well worth it. Jeff, did you notice the moderators in the forums? Me and Zralou? Zralou is my beautiful wife, Sarah. We're the moderators until we get a big enough membership. Then we will get more moderators and drop ourselves out of most of them. Of course, Sarah and I are the administrators.

G'day,
Scott

o

The forum is nice Scott.

o

Thanks CometTose.

G'day,
Scott

o

In case anyone missed the posts between Scott and I on Pondaholics Anonymous, Tadpole is Poo and yes, you can call me Poo there too. :)

o

:o)

To update everyone. I've actually opened a few of the forums up for visitors to veiw, they just can't post anything without joining.

G'day,
Scott

o

Here's another update!

I'm proud to announce that I have taken Pondaholics Anonymous one step further up the ladder. I now have the domain of Pondaholics.org for the club website. It isn't up yet, so don't everyone go rushing to it. The site should be up this week but no later than next Sunday. It cost me $4.95 for a year to register the domain and I got free web hosting to go with it. I did this when I was designing new business cards for the club and typed the link in for the club page. It was embarrassing how much room it took. Also, this will allow me to place the club on the WGI's website.

I'm tickled silly about this. :o)

G'day,
Scott

o

Congrats Scott!

o

You know you've made it in the world when you have your own domain. :D

One day in the not-too-far future, when PondSmaninfl is famous for his...well, ponds in FL...we will all remember this as the turning point in his aquatic business venture/dream.

Don't forget us when you're famous, Scott!

Brenda

o

Pondaholics is now open for browsing. It's a whole new page. There are pages yet to be added.

G'day,
Scott

Here is a link that might be useful: Pondaholics Anonymous

o

Your site looks great, Scott. Great Scott, I just registered! :-)

Thanks.

C3D

o

Yes the site looks good and so I joined. I do have a question for you Scott and that is what is with some of the threads that say you do not have permission?
Mike

o

Thanks C3D and Mike.

Mike, it usually automatically registers you when you sign up but this time it didn't. The joys of me being part of the administration is that I can do it manually. Which I did for you and Chicka. You will still not be able to get into the club member's area due to the fact that it is reserved for local club members.

G'day,
Scott

o

Scott, you may also want to consider adding the link to your website to your GW page. You might be surprised how many people click on it from time to time. Just another way of advertising the site and getting more traffic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here