Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pack of Dogs kill Croc In Florida

Posted by Bonz WI (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 05 at 9:41

Dogs savage a crocodile.

Sometimes nature is cruel but there is also a beauty in that cruelty. The crocodile as one of the ultimate predators can fall victim to the kind of implemented 'team work' strategy which is possible due to the pack mentality and social structure of canines.

See the attached and remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine
- but not if you're squeamish!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/pondsidpleasures/0e60ffad.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pack of Dogs kill Croc In Florida

Those dogs are just relentless, Bonz! I wonder what the owners think about that attack. It almost looks like the dogs were fed that poor croc!

Brenda

o

I'm going to need therapy after this one. Happy Solstice to you too, Bonz. :)

o

Oh that is too cute for words. Thanks.
Theresa

o

Holy Kamole! Well, I WAS hungry but NOT after seeing THAT. Somebody get a hold of Fox Network. This one falls right in line with one of their reality TV shows: "When Good Dogs Go Bad". And I thought my Dobbie was vicious and unpredictable!

o

As the witch said in "The Wizard of Oz", "What a World, What a World!" That's some sad goins on! :) Arum

o

If the laid back ears on that cat are any indication, the dog had better protect that pretty nose. LOL. Sandy

o

That is to cute Bonz. I was wondering why there was news story link. You got me on that one.

Semper, if that had been my dog, all you would have seen is to furry streaks going through the house. :o)

G'day,
Scott

o

Scott, trust me! The only streak from the above scene ALWAYS comes from the big bad Dobbie and NOT the other way around. After playing ever so gently with the cat for a while, the cat decides it's time to teach the pup yet another lesson in "Catology". Then after the Dobbie runs away crying and the smoke has cleared, the cat SLOWWWWWLY gets up and walks away doing a mighty good impression of John Wayne.

CATS!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here