Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
semper_fi

Got Link ???

semper_fi
18 years ago

Winter is officially here and although days will be getting longer from now on, it will be a while before ponding can once again be an every day sport. So to keep everyone, particularly ya'll Yanks (is it you'uns?) from getting cabin fever, I believe it's time once again to share ANY funny, unusual, and/or interesting links with your fellow Ponders. Remember, the only bad link is the one NOT posted.

I'll begin with the Elf Slayer Game.

Your turn...

Comments (150)

• zinniachick
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, um.. (ahem) Upon further review, the editor of previous post notes that things (cough)... changed since she last popped in to check the score.

The editor regrets any inconvenience resulting from her premature comments. The sweater appears to not be quite "obsolete" as of this printing.

But probably soon.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

Only the tail end Zinniachick, only the tales end. There's always next year. Sandy PS What does it say about me when I find a caterpillar pretty???

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

Pretty is as pretty does, I always say.

Boy, I ain't looking forward to the dope-slap I've got coming from Semper. Stand by. There's nothing uglier than a happy Steelers fan.

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"There's nothing uglier than a happy Steelers fan."

Correction to Ze Editor.... the above SHOULD have read:

"There's nothing happier than an ugly Steelers fan."

As for your next year's ©h®isas present from me becoming obsolete any time soon.... Don't worry because my trusted Evil Juju Eye Lady is {{gwi:175049}}. How else can anyone explain a #6 seed upsetting a #1 seed at home when they were 9.5 points underdogs??? If you need to accessorize, I probably have an extra Terrible Towel to go wit' it too.

Ho®eister, what do you do if you have a caterpillar named Heimlich lodged in your throat, you ask? You hurl heimy hastily.

• horton
    18 years ago

Gotcha Sempe®, You would hurl a heimy hastily as you would happen to heave a hot highland haggis high.
    That's the ticket!
    "Horton" ©®TM

• youreit
    18 years ago

(Hoying @ the mention of haggis the horrible...)

WTG, Steelers! Ok, again, I didn't care, but....I'm beginning to think that's the ticket to the win. :D

I see what all the fuss has been about with regards to online dating. I think I'm in love with Heimlich.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Brenda confesses the following:

"...I see what all the fuss has been about with regards to online dating. I think I'm in love with Heimlich."

I think that Heimlich only has eyes for FOOD. Good thing I have 4 banana plants for him to munch on. He also gets a half a grape every other day. He is a handsome chap though. A growing boy! :-)

The XXs swoon over Heimlich. The XYs are coughing him up.

Hmmmmmm!

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

Hack! Hack! Hyork! Splat! Dribble... dribble...

Ahhhh, me feels much better! :)

• mike_il
    18 years ago

"How else can anyone explain a #6 seed upsetting a #1 seed at home when they were 9.5 points underdogs???"

Explaining why the colts lost is as simple as why the Bears lost. What did both coaches do that help lead to their teams loosing? What both coaches did is they didn't play the last game or two of the regular season to win but played not to get any of their key players hurt. At that level the game is more mental than physical and by sending the players the message that it was more important not to get hurt than to win they took the edge off their players and lost.
    Mike

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mike, I gotta agree with you. That's actually a predicament that the Steelers are VERY familiar with. They usually get the #1 or #2 seed, so they don't play the first weekend of the playoffs. Then when they DO play, they are very much rusty. This year, I've thoroughly enjoyed their role as the underdog instead of the heavy favorites. However, having watched that Bears game yesterday, I'm still baffled how they could have left Steve Smith so open so often??? If my experience as an armchair coach is any indication, I would have put as many men as necessary to eliminate that threat, and let somebody else try to beat me. Of course, it's always easier said than done.

Brandy, whatever it is you're doing with your lack of interest, PLEASSSSSSE don't change a thing. I need all the help I can get! :-)

BTW, I am not ashamed at all to admit that I too like {{gwi:175050}}.

• youreit
    18 years ago

I wonder when the NFL is finally going to realize that the week off prior to playoffs is actually a detriment to (most?) teams. Although, I can't imagine them giving a "time out" week to the teams that just couldn't "clinch".

"Alright, you guys sit over there and think about what you've done! Just wait until your owner gets home, young men!" :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Mr Fi? Is that CleoH® ?

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"I wonder when the NFL is finally going to realize that the week off prior to playoffs is actually a detriment to (most?) teams."

OK, I promise to say just one more thing RE football and then shut up until Sunday so that the rest of the forum won't go into a DEEP sleep.

I really think it just depends on the team, its chemistry, and its coaching. Some (most) teams can use the extra time off to recoup from a grueling season but can still manage to stay sharp. Others (like the Steelers) get rusty and tense that they just underachieve. I would tend to think that since this is the first time a #6 seed has reached the Conference Championship game, that most often than not, the extra week off has to be an advantage.

Anybody still awake???? (Enter forum collective YAWWWWN here)

Here is a link that might be useful: A Very Big Beer Ad

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Huh? Did someone say somethin'?

Here is a link that might be useful: YaaaaaHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Huh? Did someone say somethin'?

Here is a link that might be useful: YaaaaaHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• youreit
    18 years ago

Heheh. I wasn't going to say anything, out of respect for certain passionate fans, but I've been a fan of ol' Jake "The Snake" since his first days with the Cardinals.

I'll stay awake until Sunday afternoon, I think. :D

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

hello, popping back in and a bit more mellow after my unfortunate outburst.
    you are welcome,chicka! and thanks for keeping your sonar ready for bats :)

on the above post...the only jake the snake i know is this guy:

Here is a link that might be useful: jake

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"I've been a fan of ol' Jake "The Snake" since his first days with the Cardinals. "

Ay caramba! I know what you 2 jokers are trying to do but as bad as this is going to hurt, a promise is a promise... so for now all I will tell you is:

NAME: Fi, Semper
    CEREAL: Kellogs corn flakes

LOL FTM! I didn't realize there was another dude with the same moniker. BTW, any time you are ready to talk about {{gwi:175053}}, I'm game. :-)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

Outburst...what outburst??? Did I miss something or say something out of line again??? Sandy

• youreit
    18 years ago

LOL @ Sandy (I don't think you did!), LOL @ FTM (Eewww!), LOL @ Fig eye ('em r skinny!), LOL @ me...

I think I just hurt myself.

Brenda

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"LOL @ Sandy, LOL @ FTM, LOL @ Fig eye, LOL @ me... "

Translation of the above! :-)

Also, if there was any doubt that online dating might be a BAAAAD idea, here are a couple of reasons (scroll down and click on the second image to play the video).

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

oops, forgot semper...thanks for your tactful reply! btw, bats are the right color but the wrong form....then again, i hvae seen a few of those fly in my day.

brenda- that shirt is for me! feel reassured that i got over the pro wrestling back in the late 80's/early 1990.

dang it. i did it again. i post then see a post i missed with link! you know it will erase everything if i click, and i am not pasting! gotta go......

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

This is too cool!

Click on the Flash option and enjoy!

C3D®½

Here is a link that might be useful: The Zoom Quilt

• youreit
    18 years ago

That is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen, C3D! That's a keeper. *still trippin*

Brenda

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm Out, Man!!!

I feel like Tommy Chong, now!!!
    :)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Yet another way to waste your precious time! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow Globe

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ms. CleOH and Brandy come through for me yet again! You 2 work on retainers or what?!?! :-)))

After further review, I think Jake "The Snake" the quarterback with his new scruffy look and Jake "The Snake" the wrestler that FTM posted have an eerie resemblence!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:175059}}

• youreit
    18 years ago

OMG, when I saw Jake's hair (even longer than that pic Fi guy posted!), facial and otherwise, I about threw up my guts. As my DH said, "That boy needs a haircut." LOL "And a shave!", said I. Sheesh.

WTG, Steelers, though! Hey, how about those Seahawks! Hahahahah...ahem. ;D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

In my seemingly endless need to know "everything" ... Which Muppet are YOU?

Me?..... Who cares, but here are the results:

{{gwi:175070}}
    You are Rizzo the Rat.
    You have few friends, but are loyal to those you do
    have. Maybe if you didn't smell like sewage
    you would have more.

SPECIES:
    Rodentia Digesta Lotta Grub
    HOMETOWN:
    Brooklyn, USA

FAVORITE MOVIE:
    "Rat On A Hot Tin Roof"

FAVORITE SONG:
    "The Pest Is Yet To Come"

FAVORITE FOOD:
    You got it, I'll eat it.

HOBBIES:
    See "Favorite Food".

QUOTE:
    "When do we eat?"

What Muppet are you?
    brought to you by Quizilla

Chick-a-need-to-know

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

chicka! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! i love hte muppets!!!!!! aaaaaaaa,,, i am so excited :)
    hmmm, this may be a bit too appropriate, other than gender:

{{gwi:175075}}

You are Dr. Bunson Honeydew.
    You love to analyse things and further the cause of science, even if you do tend to blow things up more often than not.

HOBBIES:
    Scientific inquiry, Looking through microscopes, Recombining DNA to create decorative art.
    QUOTE:
    "Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?"

FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTIST:
    John Cougar Melonhead

LAST BOOK READ:
    "Quantum Physics: 101 Easy Microwave Recipes"

NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT:
    An atom smasher and plenty of extra atoms.

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Rocky, I actually tried to find a more recent picure of Mr. Plummer with his Mountain Man look for comparison to his long lost twin but couldn't find a good one. I know one thing though, whoever told him (it sure wasn't his barber) that "the Lumberjake" look was a good look needs a good a$$ whoopin'! LOL!

Chickaismyfriend, that is THE funniest link so far! Where DO you find this stuff?!?!?

{{gwi:175079}}
    You are Fozzie Bear.
    You are caring and love your friends as if they were family. For only they will put up with your stupid jokes.

FAVORITE EXPRESSION:
    "Wocka! Wocka!"
    FAVORITE AUTHOR:
    Gags Beasley, comedy writer

HOBBIES:
    Telling jokes, dodging tomatoes

QUOTE:
    "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

His joybuzzer, his whoopee cushion and Clyde, the rubber chicken.

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

OK, just to show how brave (secure? stupid?? crazy???) I am, I'm going to post MY result, which I find TOTALLY PERPLEXING, considering MY answer to the SIZE question was "friggin' huge."

You are Janice.
    You dig the groove man, nothing can bum you out. Too bad you're too stoned to notice.

INSTRUMENT:
    Like, you know, guitar, fer sure.
    LAST BOOK READ:
    "Finding Your Past Lives on the Web"

FAVORITE EXPRESSION:
    "Fer sure, like, fer sure."

FAVORITE THINGS:
    Peace, love and, like, granola, totally.

Her inner child.

3843 other people got this result!
    This quiz has been taken 79061 times.
    5% of people had this result.

Heck, it didn't insert the picture, but that's OK, because the answer was embarrassing enough, and I really don't feel like figuring out how to insert it right now, and if I have to get it on Photobucket to do that, then I'm violating Disney's copyright, and I've ranted ENOUGH about copyright lately to NOT do anything like that, I think, lol.

• hnladue
    18 years ago

HEHE!

You are Kermit the Frog.
    You are reliable, responsible and caring. And you have a habit of waving your arms about maniacally.

FAVORITE EXPRESSIONS:
    "Hi ho!" "Yaaay!" and "Sheesh!"
    FAVORITE MOVIE:
    "How Green Was My Mother"

LAST BOOK READ:
    "Surfin' the Webfoot: A Frog's Guide to the Internet"

HOBBIES:
    Sitting in the swamp playing banjo.

QUOTE:
    "Hmm, my banjo is wet."

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

This is the result for Sir Nappy® :

You are Rowlf.

You are a loner, and love classical music, You can play the piano without opposable thumbs. Then again, you are just a Muppet.

ALSO KNOWN AS:
    Ol' Brown Ears
    HOBBIES:
    Piano playing, punning, fetching.

QUOTE:
    "My bark is worse than my bite, and my piano playing beats 'em both."

FAVORITE MOVIE:
    "The Dogfather"

FAVORITE COMPOSER:
    Poochini

FAVORITE SONG:
    "I've Never Harmed An Onion, So Why Should They Make Me Cry?"

Actually my DH plays the violin much better than the piano.

Seems the quiz results are fairly accurate for the few, the proud...... :-)

Bad Rizzo the Rat

• youreit
    18 years ago

Like, wow, man! I'm Janice, too! *exhaling*

{{gwi:175085}}

Jan Brandy

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"Seems the quiz results are fairly accurate for the few, the proud....."

It's actually eerily (is that a word??? Guess it IS now)accurate! Especially the part about dodging tomatoes and folks having to put up with my stooopid jokes. LOL! :-)

Well today is THE-DAY. January 24th! aka the end of free world as we know it. The evil empire has strike back. Say good bye to your security and say hello to cookie crums. As you know I was planning on publishing some of my photographs in a fascinating Underground e-zine, so I've decided to take a few small {{gwi:175067}} to avoid the imminent piracy of my hard work.

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Fascinating stuff there Semper. ( Like a dead cockroach. )

This might interest you though....

CleOH

Here is a link that might be useful: The Loss of a Friendship :-(

• youreit
    18 years ago

Ruh-roh! Romethings wrong, Raggy!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Lost friends....but not how to find them.

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

Eee hee heeee! Steelerssuck.com. Heh! Now that's funny.

Woof!

• horton
    18 years ago

Watch the full moon and chew your rice well!
    MSM Mogali. Howwwwwwlllllll

Here is a link that might be useful: Moon and Rice

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

~~SIGH~~ Semper (x13),

That e-zine mission was supposed to be COVERT! **COVERT** That zine has as much life potential as the proverbial dead roach. However, it is difficult to stay undercover in an empty room. You advised Heimlich to not waste his time there and here you are taking up his part of the mission in addition to your own. What a guy! :-)

((I trust you found the "How to Rearrange Deck Chairs on a Floundering Ship" notes under the rose bush?))

You do know that this will cost the organization more anxiety as even more breeches in security are now made public. I could almost care but then, I am Rizzo the Rat, ehh?

How did you get that ultra-fine watermark over your Steelerssuck poster? ( ~ducking AND running~ ) It is barely noticeable.

Brenda, thanks for your concern! There is NO loss or damage to our friendship. I am just teasing Semper about his choice of football team but all for a very good cause. Chick a 3 D Here is a link that might be useful: [Vampire Names](http://www.emmadavies.net/vampire/default.aspx)
  • semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

CIRCLE THE WAGONS, ROCK! We're surrounded by a savage dawgs!

Boy & girls, moms & dads, if that link ain't solid proof of the filth that runs rampant on the internet, I don't know what is. Do everyone a favor... PLEASE block any and all access to such lewd sites. Your kids, pets, caterpillars, etc. will thank you for it when they grow up to become Steelers fans.

And them are mighty BIG words coming from the pack whose best trick is to lay down and play dead and their best rush all day was by a runaway fan.

And no worries... our alliance is still very solid much like Boris & Natasha, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead....You get the picture! Regardless, I still have no choice but to deal with this complete and utter moment of INSANITY accordingly by sending her to timeout. Chickadee, you've been a BAD girl, go to Sir Nappy's room at once! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

I suppose you'll turn me over to my Probation Officer?

~~~~~~~ Thanks! :-) ~~~~~~~~

Gotta go!

badder by the second, C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: Here Kitty Kitty

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Oh Oh......

Heimlich died today. :-(

Don't know why but his plump little body was laying on a leaf of one of the banana plants. He was one with the banana plant in life and will continue to be so in the after life.

He was buried with full caterpillar honours in the pot that holds his favorite food, the banana plant.

Chick-a-funeral-Director

~~~~no link with this one~~~~~~

• semper_fi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry to hear that! I'll be having a Heiny in honor of Heimy.

• horton
    18 years ago

Chicka 3D,Sorry to hear about the little guy bitting the banana
    I'll have a flight of the Royal Canadian Goosi do a lost man formation over Oheeho this morning [CAUTION, Don't look up,]
    They will do a low Flutterby for the Butterfly.
    MSM M.

P.S I'm aware that your heiny [well not YOUR heiny] [but you know what I mean] was not yet a butterfly, but he will get his wings in Caterpillar Heaven I'm sure.[well I'm not really sure, but you know what I mean!]

• zinniachick
    18 years ago

He was a 'pillar of strength. Rest his little soul.

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Thanks all for your sympathy (and good humour) :-)

Mr. H: The Goosi formation was truly majestic! Thanks for the tip about not looking up.

I had no idea Heimlich already had such a following.

C with 3 Ds and 4 hermit crabs

Here is a link that might be useful: Commemorative Heimlich Gear

• horton
    18 years ago

Chicka3D, I used to own hermits too, but I found, having crabs and people knowing about it, limited my social life for some reason?
    Wondering MSM.

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

sorry to hear, chicka...and thanks for the smile (here kitty kitty link)