Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

o
Got Link ???

Posted by Semper_Fi Z7 GA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 05 at 20:32

Winter is officially here and although days will be getting longer from now on, it will be a while before ponding can once again be an every day sport. So to keep everyone, particularly ya'll Yanks (is it you'uns?) from getting cabin fever, I believe it's time once again to share ANY funny, unusual, and/or interesting links with your fellow Ponders. Remember, the only bad link is the one NOT posted.

I'll begin with the Elf Slayer Game.

Your turn...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got Link ???

Heehee. Oh, the ways I can waste a perfectly good evening right before Christmas with so many things still to do...

:) Mary

o

Okay, I lost 3 of 5 games in Elf Slayer. I kept nailing Santa. Bah Humbug

o

Heres an amazing light display done by a local man ... but you gotta have your speakers on to fully appreciate it as it is choreographed to music. I didn't get to see it in person as he had to discontinue the display because it was causing major traffic problems.

Christmas light display

The link below shows how he did it, got bucks????

Here is a link that might be useful: Carson Williams directions

o

I think I figured out where Bush's Shock and Awe went.

o

WOOHOO!! That light display is incredible! The Trans-Siberian Orchestra provides the best music for it, too.

LOL!! Good one, Sandy! :D

Brenda

o

i just know there is a hidden message in there! sooo reminiscent of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND.

cool!

o

• Posted by Bonz WI (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 23, 05 at 19:15

Incredible....I can see where it would cause traffic jams.

o

That's just toooooo cool (except for the peace symbol). LOL! How would you like to be this guy's neighbor though?!?! I bet there's not another house in the entire neighborhood with outdoor Christmas decorations... how could one compete with THAT?! Everything else would seem just so puny.

LOL Sandy! You and Z-Chick have a great knack for funny one-liners.

Another link... The Japanese are well known for their innovations and ingenuity. Here's an invention which its time has come: Baby Mops

o

BTW, I was watching the Steelers game (if you can call a 41-0 spanking of the Browns a "game") this afternoon and a portion of that same exact holiday lights video was in a Miller Lite commercial. To my amazement, the TV version of the video looks even better than the grainy downloadable version. Most of the lights in the yard are actually different vibrant colors where they look plain white on the 'puter screen. Very cool!

o

hey. HEY! ish notta shpanking if isha... wah... oh what the heck... who dey.

happy merry, all.

o

There are two types of folks with WAYYYY too much time on their hands. A small minority can use that time to do useful and/or creative stuff (eg. the guy in Jeanner's link). And then there's the overwhelming majority who just do whacky and crazy stuff like this fool.

I especially like the last line in that article. Falls under the "Well DUH!!!" category.

o

down with political correctness, "holiday/friendship" trees...but i will post a warning....if you will be offended by religion, do not open. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: meaning of christmas

o

Ah shucks, Semper Fi. You make me blush and that's hard to do to someone my age. But give credit where credit is due. I will never be able to compete with Zinniachick's ability to remember Poetry, Music and Literature. But I will forever be at a loss at her remarkable interest in football!! There's gotta be a one liner in here some where and I'm gonna keep on looking until I find it. Oh, yes!!! I hope you all had a merry and safe Christmas and a merry and safe Holiday! Excuse me, my pills are due and I have a second 'procedure' tomorrow. Wish me luck! Oops, the procedure was yesterday or today, I haven't been to sleep yet. Those new anesthetics are really good or so I've heard it said. Then why am I continuing to take pain pills at the direction of the doctor??? Sandy

o

(Fi guy, when I read that "he spent two weeks rolling a monkey nut with his nose...", I had an inkling that the last line would be in there somewhere. LOL)

I think everybody agrees that internet advertising can be irritating and sometimes even disabling to the average online surfer. But this guy has taken it to another level - a lucrative level. :D

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: The Million Dollar Homepage

o

I don't watch football. I watch the Browns.

OK, all bitterness aside, did you'uns see that rabid Browns fan run out on the field during the fourth quarter and get tackled by a Steeler? He told reporters he was just really torked that they were losing so badly to their arch-enemy. And it wasn't the painful body slam, or even the Christmas Eve in jail that hurt, it was that he may be banned from Browns home games next year. Aw! That's gonna leave a mark! So that's what you're dealing with here. The love a Browns fan has for the team has little to do with football, with anything sensical, really. I can't explain it.

I hope you're feeling better as the days go on, Sandy. You're a good egg.

o

"did you'uns see that rabid Browns fan run out on the field during the fourth quarter and get tackled by a Steeler?"

Awwwww MAN! Did they actually show it??? Towards the end of that game, during commercials and between plays, I was switching to the Falcons/Bucs game to see if the dang Falcons can somehow manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory (which they did!). I switched back just a tad too late and I hear the announcer say: "....that's why we try not to show you stuff like that...". Then a few days later I read this on a Steelers website:

"A Cleveland fan found out the hard way what his favorite team already knows: It's not a good idea to mess with a Pittsburgh linebacker.

About six minutes into the fourth quarter of Saturday's Steelers-Browns game, the fan jumped a railing and sprinted onto the field at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

With his pants falling down, the man jumped around, waved his hands in the air and moved toward Pittsburgh's bench -- until James Harrison snatched him from behind, took him down in a WWE-style move and pinned him to the turf. "

LMAO! This story belongs in Brandy's "Karate chopped" thread!

Sandy, you are indeed a good egg! Feel better soon.

o

LOL!! I think that dawg needs his shots! Too funny...

Brenda

o

Anybody ever tried the Wayback Machine? Sometimes you can find old, archived pages of the internet including our very own Gardenweb.

Curiously enough, while I was browsing it this evening, I ran into this most interesting thread. I found it quite ironic that at one point in the not-so-distant past of this forum, so many members of the so called "rancorous quintet" were all so genuinely concerned about another member's well being before they each individually started to see through the disingenuous, almost Ted Bundy-like faade.

It's gotta be a conspiracy, don't you think?!?!?! LOL!

o

wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! not fair! "access denied"
i thought i finally would find my/our dangers of sniffing water lillies thread.

however, i may be able to do this in the future....thanks semper.

o

Why access denied???

o

Hmmmmm.... Good question! My first thought was that FTM was being denied access because of some weird block on her 'puter at work but now I'm thinking (guessing) that the Wayback Machine doesn't allow direct links to their archives.

So here's a duplicate copy of the link above.

o

actually, the first part was right..but i can read the new link also. thanks, though i am more interested in finding the thread i started this summer :(

o
oh, yeah....

might i add, mr. fi, that you have a mind like a steel jaw leghold trap! *bowing* :)

o

Well Semp, I sure hope that's not the thread that started it all cause it sure doesn't live up to it's reputation.
What else can you find in there?

o

He's almost scary. Did you ever play those multi participant war games, Semper Fi? I wasted so much of my youth playing them and then teaching my kids to do it. We do some strange things when we're young. Sandy

o

feel free to substitute dog....

Here is a link that might be useful: keeping track

o

Mucky ole friend, if you think that you're the first person here who has played the role of Savior, youre mistaken. You are merely the latest. Not long ago, I too was one of the biggest defenders of Mr. Hayes. Like you and some others here, I could not, for the life of me figure out why all these "crazy", "pond scums" were being so mean to another member. I am probably the only one here who has made the effort to go meet the guy in person. At one point, I was even trying to match him with my few single friends. You and I are lucky enough to know that without a soul mate, single XY chromosomers can resort to some bad and/or bizarre behaviors. I mean just look at the guy in the article I had posted earlier who had resorted to pushing a monkey nut with his nose for two weeks!!! Now, I had received a few unsolicited raunchy photos from Mr. Hayes via email but nothing that I hadn't seen before in any barracks. So for me that was never the issue. I simply posted that archived GW thread to prove that once upon a time several members of your so-called rancorous quintet clearly maintained a very friendly, amicable, and caring relationship with Mr. Hayes. So what happened here? Can you honestly believe that ALL these good folks just one day decided to turn against Mr. Hayes or leave this forum altogether because of some silly personal website he might have posted??? Or was it because of a long series of calculated, systematic, and methodical behaviors, both publicly and especially privately, which even by his own admission were at times inappropriate???

Here's just one small pixel of a MUCH larger picture. You may or may not remember the meltdown we had in the Discussions area several months ago. In that thread, Mr. Hayes decided to post some personal information of a fellow member in order to "level the playing field". In that post he also stated that this particular member had emailed him to wish Mr. Hayes ill-will shortly after he was in the hospital. Pretty cruel, eh?! But if that was truly the case, then why does one appear to be cutting up and joking with/around this same "evil" individual in the thread I posted above (among some others during the same time frame) which happened shortly after the aforementioned accident? You seem like a logical guy (you played Mr. Spock, remember?!). If someone really contacted you and wished bad things to happen to you and/or your family, would you be laughing and joking with that person a short time later??? DOUBTFUL! Or maybe... just maybe... someone decided to either fabricate or largely embellish this story for his own personal gain in order to manipulate others into believing that he was the innocent bystander while making the other member appear as the evil ogre. Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

I just hope that if/when the time comes, you will remember the deal you made in the other thread. I can honestly look you in the eye and tell you that I sincerely hope that you will never have to play the other side of the proverbial ball. That would mean that Mr. Hayes has managed to behave himself and that, my friend, would be a win-win-win situation for this forum. Only time will tell. More than enough said.

Now if you excuse me, I gotta go start making plans to duplicate this bed (but in a bunkbed format) for a friends son whos turning 3 in March.

o

I've stayed out of this on this thread so far, but I'm now being attacked on multiple fronts on multiple threads when I've posted very little on the forum at all in the past few months, and certainly nothing derogatory towards anyone in particular (unless you count my reference to dark undercurrents in the ongoing story thread, which are being borne out by these ongoing persecutions, if by nothing else).

At any rate, first, as to the member to whom you refer, Semper Fi, at the time he was attacking me on the forum, once again, for no reason other than it was his turn, I gather... and calling ME the "mystery person," or something to that effect, although it's HIM who is the xenophobe, never using even a real first name, never posting pictures, no email address or location identification other than Ontario, Canada, which by itself is all well and good -- it's often wise to be as anonymous as possible on the internet -- but it also seems particularly convenient for someone who decides they want to launch vendettas against others... The email I discussed was true, but I'm generally a pretty forgiving person, and that being the sole email from him to me at that point, I decided to let it go and tried to remain friendly on the forum. I'm generally friendly and forgiving with most people, until and unless they make it clear they have no intention of ever being anything but my enemy, which he had done by that point.

That particular email was opened on my old Mac, since I was bedridden at the time and that's in my bedroom, so I can't access it here or I might post it in the thread for "proof," although I guess that STILL wouldn't prove anything to people who wish to believe what they wish to believe...

Perhaps neither will the following, but I've decided people living in glass houses should quit throwing stones...

The following email was sent to me by Mr. Semper Fi 11/20/04:

Jeffro,

What's up? I'm in the process of updating our Christmas card list.
What's your address lil' man?

If I don't talk to you before then, have a great Turkey day.

-Mark

Exactly a week later, 11/27/04, late in the afternoon of the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I was sitting in the car looking at sale papers about to go do some Christmas shopping when someone tapped on the driver's side window, at first pretending to be someone a local friend had sent to ask me about pond information, then asking such a ridiculous question that when I started looking around to see if my local friend was hiding behind the car and it was a joke he admitted that NO, the friend hadn't sent him, but YES, it was a joke, and he was Semper Fi, come to say Hi and meet Tater Tot.

Well, I took it as a pleasant surprise at the time, took him on a tour of my highly disheveled yard, invited him into my home to meet the folks and my new puppy, Tater Tot, who had moved in just five days prior and for whom he had brought a $25 Wal-Mart gift certificate... all quite friendly behavior... He said his wife had to be in town that day for a party for some relative and so he decided to pop in on me. We stood and talked in the yard for a while and he left...

As his original email had asked for my address to send me a Christmas Card, I had asked for his, as well, and sent him one (I didn't get one from him, oddly enough)... Of course it struck me that MOST folks would consider what he did to be STALKING BEHAVIOR... asking someone for their mailing address to send them a card, then unexpectedly dropping in on them like that -- but since it was all done in friendship, I didn't really give it a second thought, beyond that.

HOWEVER, THAT STILL WAS STALKING, TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, WASN'T IT, FOLKS?

At any rate, we remained good friends online through the Christmas season and into February... Then sometime in February or March he started to become "distant." I got fewer and fewer emails from him and his responses to mine were very short... I finally asked him what was the matter and he refused to say, just said "it doesn't really matter," but shortly thereafter made it clear he no longer considered me a friend, and said I should KNOW why.

Well I STILL don't know why, and he STILL hasn't told me why, nor has anyone else... I ASSUME it was something someone told him I sent them in an email or similar, and then "swore him to confidence." Of course if you spread lies about someone behind their back and swear to secrecy those to whom you spread the lies, how is the person who supposedly said or wrote those things supposed to ever even KNOW what they were?

What I DO know is that aside from a single faux pas email I sent to YourIt on my birthday (Dec. 19) in 2004, for which I greatly apologized, I'd sent NOTHING untoward to ANY of the women in this or any other forum since that date... but since nobody will even give me enough benefit of the doubt to send me these supposed emails with the names of whoever it is I supposedly wronged emitted (so I can't "retaliate," like I really would!), then I'm kept in the dark and YES, it IS a conspiracy, one that continues with me allowed not even a chance to see the supposed "evidence" against me.

I just wonder why people have nothing better than this to do... Currently I'm getting the blame for people leaving this forum... no names in particular, although one person is referred to by enough information she can be identified, and this person has not had a single comment from me in ANY forum to her or about her in MANY MONTHS... I even got to wondering if something I had posted in one of these long, meandering threads might have possibly been misconstrued, so I went back and re-read them, and NO, I see no way anything I've found so far could have been... just has me totally baffled.

I DID, however, confirm with someone with whom I exchange emails that it's easy to take an email someone sends you and add or edit the content and forward it on to someone else and it looks EXACTLY like it came from the original sender that way... HOW? I took an email that person sent me and added a sentence to it, then forwarded it back to them, and they confirmed to me they COULD NOT TELL where the original text they typed ended and what I added began... So if someone IS doing something similar to me, there's really no way for me to prove they haven't, I guess.

In the end, people will believe what they choose to believe... I still choose to believe most people are basically good and most of the folks here are my friends... And I even believe most of the ones who have this vendetta against me likely feel they're doing the right thing and are basically good people, just misguided.

So all I can say is... Peace,
Jeff

o

ho hummm...... I feel like I'm in the 3rd grade again!!! Anyone wanna hold 'em down and I'll beat 'em up!!!

o

I came here this morning, in good cheer, to catch up on the latest and am very saddened by what I found. It was all of you that convinced me that you could actually make "real friends" over the internet.
I hope for the sake of the greater good that these things are resolved. Friends come and go, but some things are best handled privately. When it becomes a trust issue, we all learned the answer in Kindergarten...the Golden Rule.
~That's all I got to say about that.~

o

Ohhhhh Poo.

You CAN make REAL friends over the Internet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------

The New Golden Rule is IGNORE x 13 (hint)

now look whatchamademedo..... :-(

C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini Golf

o

C3D!!!!! I am SO happy to see you here!!! We've missed ya!!! Happy New year! --Heather.

o

Since I am a lurker and almost none of you know me, I'll clue you in: I think in terms of movies and music. In my experience, there is NO SITUATION that cannot be explained, proved, related to and in some way linked to music or movies.

Whenever a particular situation arises, instead of asking myself, "WWJD?" (which I understand means "WHat would Jesus do?") I instead ask myself "WWHMD?" (which stands for "WHat would Haley Mills Do?" Specifically Haley Mills in her role as Mary in "The Trouble With Angels") and I tend to match everyday mundane situations up with appropriate songs (usually of the Heavy Metal or Punk Hardcore variety).

SO, if I were to ask myself, "WWHMD?" in this situation, I am certain the answer would be something scathingly brilliant which would involve murder, mayhem and sabatoge of some sort.

If I had to pick one song in the whole world that I think would apply to some of the stuff certain folks are posting here, it would be Black Sabbath's "PARANOID".

Hey Chickeedee good to see ya! Got roped in huh? Semper and Chickee, I finished my pondscape and will be sending photos soon

o

semper, that bed is sooooo coooooollll! i want one :)

hi, chicka! missed ya...hope you caught up on some interesting threads right up your potato!

bihai, love that movie, btw!

o

Hi FTM. Missed you bunches too. Been gathering some information (like the Potato story of the past) to share with the class in the future.

Hi Bihai. Well .... you know..... :-)

Hmmmm. Pondscape in January, ehh? I am pleased to report that the weather guy stated on the television today that we have now had 13 straight days of above freezing temperatures.

~~~must not let my climatic jealousy over take my senses.~~~
Well heck, I just got back from the Caribbean. Couldda stayed there all nice and toasty. LOL! Brain freeze is to blame. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

C3D

o

Hey, our TV20 weather dude, "BILL", says that on Friday as the "ARCTIC BLAST" moves down from Canada, there is a chance that South Georgia will get snow flurries!! Semper, better stock up on wood for that fireplace!!

I was hoping (its always a futile hope, but I can dream, can't I?) that THIS WINTER we might actually squeak by with only the one 28 night we already had. But NOOOOOOO. I still have Tropical Water lilies blooming....Edward Uber, Mahogany Rose and STar of SIam are still throwing up flowers. Its been in the 70's all week! Then BOOM high on Friday and Saturday of....eeek.....52???? There oughta be a law.

I am not exactly happy to say, however, that after our record breaking 4.6 inches of rain the last week of December, coupled with another 2.5 inches that we got pounded with on Monday night, the front/side part of my property is "ONCE AGAIN" a natural bog. The retention pond across the street has filled up again and is once again discharging laterally onto my property and my neighbor's property, so all the bog plants I put out in the woods are doing quite well this winter thank you very much. Hard not to with a water table right there at the surface. But there is hope....we meet tomorrow with a representative of the SUwannee COunty Water Management District and if he thinks that our complaint is valid, it may give us leverage to press the housing subdivision who owns the pond to take action.

SO you might say I am ponding in a BIG WAY this winter.

o

"...SO you might say I am ponding in a BIG WAY this winter."

I was tempted to do some things but above freezing might be a whole 35 F with a steady drizzle. Not a very inviting scenario to do out doorsy things. So I tend to the orchids and other planty things. Those guys on the trellis actually are doing fantastic! I was worried they would not have enough light but they are just THRIVING!

Got a new pet too. Someone gave me a caterpillar. OK. What am I going to do with a caterpillar? Named him Heimlich. What else would I do? LOL! I gave him a grape that was sliced in half as a quickie water source. He devoured it very quickly and then I placed him on one of the banana plants.

He's small. The banana is fairly huge. Keep ya posted on this latest C3D saga. No. I don't think Heimlich will be posting his daily diary. LOL!

Ooooooooo. I gotta get a life!

C3D

*** Hi Heather. I didn't mean to ignore you in this post.
Well ... you know. :-)

o

"like the Potato story of the past"--- lol! did i say something i didn't realize? i just made that up, or so i thought :)

i hope heimlich doesn't choke! how would you do the maneuver? swing him in circles by the tail or by the chest hairs? do you know what kind s/he is?

i saved the below link this summer after many, many searches and id attempts.

Here is a link that might be useful: cats, the short kind

o
RE: Got Link ?????

LOL FTM!!!

A few months ago I posted some silliness about potatoes. A love story and the thread took off with several people exchanging very funny replies with clever play on words. All going back to the original potato story.

I don't know what kind of cat Heimlich is but I did warn the person who entrusted in me his care that I hope I do not need to do the Heimlich maneuver on him. ~~GROAN~~ His name came from the movie A Bug's Life. Thanks for the link. This is not going to be easy to ID him but I'll give it a try.

Hmmm. Guess I better post a link too....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hand Print Test

o

Heather, OK but BE GENTLE!!!

Poo3, SHHHHHHH... your weeks of careful planning to lure her back where she was sorely missed paid off! Until today I did not realize that "Grandma" in your username was short for GRAND MAster Mind! In the words of Spanky: "you'ze a genuis Buckwheat!". :-)

Bihai, please feel free to post the pics. I know there are others who would enjoy seeing them as well.

A FREE caterpillar??? MAN! Some people just have ALL the luck!

LOL FTM! I imagined that the FAIRY in fairy_toadmother would rather have a bed just like this one I built for the same friend's daughter when she turned 3 a couple of years ago. If I ever do manage to build the first one, the second one would be a piece of cake so I can slap one together for ya no problem!!! I also liked this one but my friend's son likes trains better, so that's what he's gonna get. BTW, how come they didn't have cool stuff like that when we were kids?????

Speaking of trains and links... For a couple of years now, I've been wanting to build a garden railroad using the pond as a backdrop. I had found this website while researching trestle construction. I could be wrong but I think the guy just got a tad bit carried away with HIS version of a trestle! LOL!

o

I am now an elf slayer!

In keeping with the original post, I would like to share my friend's website, she's a wonderful photographer. I'm not trying to promote her site, but here's some great photos...Kate, Emma and Lily among them! Click on photo gallery, then the individual pics. Mary has 2 Border collies and an Aussie, more than a handful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffey Images

o

Wow, my computer is way slow, missed some of this. Glad you're back CD3,look forward to your humor, wisdom and exoerience.

o

Fig eye, that train bed reminds me of the Hogwarts Express, and I love it! I wonder if your friend's son is a Harry Potter fan. :D

Welcome back, C3D!!!! I'm now addicted to that golf game, btw. LOL

Sheepco, your friend is really talented! That Lab/Retriever (so beautiful) on the main page really sucked me into the rest. Thanks for sharing! :)

Brenda

o

Haley Mills. Heh! I have a thing for the old Andy Griffith Show, so mine was always, WWAD -- What Would Andy Do? Andy once nervously complimented a date with, "You have such a nice smile... so toothy!"

Semper, that train bed is the bomb. Can you make it in a queen size?

Good to hear from you, C3D.

o

Beav! Good, I can call off the Coast Guard rescue mission. I think the last post I read from you was several days ago with a distress call about all the rain ya'll were having. We feared you were floating in the Pacific ocean by now! Has it dried up or what?

And no, little Grant is more of a Neemo fan. I know this for an absolute FACT because a couple of months ago we went on an awesome train trip with them and spent the week in the Smoky Mountains. If I had heard "Neeeeeeeeeeemmmooooo" just one more time, I would have biked my way back home! :-)))

Barney Fife MADE that show, IMO. One thing is for certain though, I would never ask myself WWBFD!

Sheepco, thanks for the awesome link. The pic of the dogs at the water faucet is too cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another addictive game

o

sheepco...ooooooooo, very nice! i just love the "water fight." so many to choose...

did some one page? NEMO!
yes, i love castles...does it have its own troll, too? so many neat beds. makes ya want to have kids, well almost :)

o

LOL!! Amen to that, FTM. :D

Hey, sorry about my previous freak out post! No need for drastic measures, though (like calling off the Coast Guard rescue guys...:D). The weather was pretty scary, but we're wimps here in CA (compared to the ice storms and hurricanes and tornadoes that others in the country have to deal with). The rivers are slowly receding, and many folks are cleaning up their flooded homes. We were lucky here, but I really feel for those who live over near the Napa and Russian Rivers. :(

From one of my favorite Andy Griffith Show episodes -

Barney: "Well, there were these folks and ... well, how else were they gonna get emancipated unless they had a proclamation. So they got themselves a proclamation, and they called it the Emancipation Proclamation. I'm surprised at you not knowin' that, Anj."

LOL!!

Brenda

o

Yeah, that's the episode where Andy first meets "Ole Lady Crump," as Opie first calls her. :)

Think I know 'em all by heart, too... Maybe the best, funniest sit-com, ever, and without so much as a single curse word... however DID they do it? :-P

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 6, 06 at 19:18

Hey Semper and other interested persons,
Found this amusing thread from the past.
The more it changes the more it stays the way it were. LOL
Note how many of the names are no longer around to-day.
"H"

Here is a link that might be useful: A discussion from the past.

o

anyone know where i can find that tshirt that thas barney behind bars...caption: "big bad fife"?

Here is a link that might be useful: just a click a day...

o
found another one

anyone see this? try it?

Here is a link that might be useful: fish school

o

Of all the former members I miss, DRH1 and Muddypaws have to be at the top of that list.

FTM, this is the closest thing I could find.

You might have already seen the video of the disco dog by now since it's been around for a while. It is still AMAZING though.

o

That was one of the most incredible videos I've ever seen! And set to one of my favorite songs, too! :D That dog is just so AWESOME!

And I need one of those t-shirts, too. LOL

Ok, I'm not sure what to think of this couple, but you couldn't pay me enough to put my relationship on the auction block. :D

Brenda

Bride's Vows

Groom's Vows

Toast

First Song

o

Hmmmmmm. I Couldn't log in since the "improvements" here until now and the great village gods changed me from Chickadeedeedee, but as fate would have it, I am still the same ol' C3D whatever the other Village people say. (Be afraid. Be VERY afraid! LOL!)

So any way ... those are some great links!

~~Hi Sheepco. Nice to see you too. ***LOVED*** you pics in the Christmas Dogs thread! Very sweet!

~~Hiya Brenda. I too am addicted to the golf game. Glad you like it.

~~Hi Zinnia. I was out of the country for a bit and some other projects keep me busy with real life. Been catching up on some most interesting reading in the Ponds. Well, you know. :-)

~~Hi Horton! I see you are back as well. How very nice to see you here as well!!! Hear any more news from those Who's?

~~FTM ... Very nice links! Fish school. LOL!

~~Hiya Semper. How do you find thse links? Sooooooooooooo
INFORMATIVE. So much fun.

Let the games begin, ehh?

C3D no matter what the village says.

(BTW ... Mikey IS my friend. :-) ...)

o

"Let the games begin, ehh? "

You mean you're excited about the games too??????? Who would've thunked it! I mean in just a couple of minutes we have the Redskins playing the Bucs. Then at 20:00 tonight, MaryO's Patriots battle the Jaguars. Then tommorrow at 13:00, the Giants and Panthers meet. And of course, at 16:30 tomorrow, my beloved Steelers try to get past the dang Bungles.

Cool huh?!?!?!

ANYONE???

BUELLER?

(Semper getting ran off by the collective Pond Forum YAWWWWWWWWWWN)

o
RE: Got Link ?????

Oh yeah ... This Village has things all fixed! LOL! I cannot login as mikeyismyfriend which is what they insist I must be now. I MUST do it as Chickadeedeedee and then I can login as Mikeyismyfriend (all lower case letters of course.) Uhh huh!

~So any way, back to the cyber drama of Semper and his football likage affliction thingy. Since my evil eye did not help with the World Series, as I was torn between loyalty to spouse and loyalty to the UU13, it appears that the Stumpjumpered spouse won out with the out come there.

Since Mr. Jumper is not football minded perhaps it would work here? I know I will be throttled by the Browns fan(s) but if Semper wants the Steelers then so be it! :-) I do not know at this point who you favor in the other games but a general: Yooo Hooooo!!!! Semper's teams! I'll need to check with the rest of the UU13 and see if they have a favorite.

Sorry Browns fans.... Face it. They DO suck! But it is another year to train and get new people experience and then trade them away so they in turn can beat the crap out of their former team AGAIN. LOL!

C(yawning)3D :-) ((ducking too!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

o

what is with the name changes? ckicka and susan....something to do with paid memberships? just curious b/c i had read on suggestions that people were having problems. so far, i seem to have avoided all the issues everyone else has had....*knock*

thank you semper, i appreciate all the effort! it seems the one i saw was at cracker barrel restaurant years ago and haven't seen it since. :( i believe the scene at the left shoulder is the one, only full shirt sized. oh, well....i'd just be sleeping in it anyway.

sorry i can't get the fun links here :(

Here is a link that might be useful: for the woodworkers... cool stuff

o
RE: Got Link ???~~

HiYa FTM.

You are a very nice person and the GW gods have smiled upon you and spared you from the glitches that cause some discomfort below the belt-line for other GW peepul. :-)

I found an e mail posted by a non-contributing GW member that make one go hmmmmmmmmmm.

The XXXXX are the only edits to the e-mail to delete the e mail addy.

Here tis:

11/21/2005 12:03:01 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (deleted my e mail address)
Received from Internet: click here for more information

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LINE IN ANY RESPONSE:
GardenWeb mail response XXXXXXXXX (deleted code number) rosa

Hi there,

At this time, we will no longer be accepting new contributing memberships until further notice and currently plan to open any closed forums to all visitors in the coming weeks. While contributing memberships are non refundable, we intend to extend the majority of the terms of all current contributing members for a calendar year, which would include offering the same advertising-reduced board pages for existing contributing members

Hope this helps!

Warmly,

Tamara Amey
GardenWeb Staff

C3D or whatever....... :-)

o

Hey Chicky, Semper, et al. You guys don't let an old lady get a word in edgewise. LOL. Chicky, glad to see you back even if it is as an alias. Hey, Horton. I guess I should apologise for the recent unpleasantness. Can you believe words like 'my enemy' or "launching vendettas" used in a gardening forum? Not to mention the whole so called "stalking scenario". I remember that very well. It was a mark of honor for our friend since you were the newest and most visible GW member on the forum, to be the one and only person to meet you in person and to be treated as a buddy. He boasted quite openly about his new friendship with you. Mark, I remember being disappointed at the time that you had accepted something that make me feel so uncomfortable. I apologise for those thoughts. BTW, I am a big believer in stalking horses and driving out the conies. The attacks on me in discussions have not distressed me in the slightest and now I know who is whoooo, if Horton will excuse my pun. Sadly this exposure won't last for long because we are all individuals with no agenda except to have fun with our ponds and gardens. So, see you all the next time around. Sandy

o

Hey, C3D/MIMF, I'm not sure what Tamara was rambling on about in that email (are contributing memberships going to be around in the future or...? I cahn't theenk, Cap'n!), but she's been really helpful in the past when it came to disemboweling trolls over in the Discussions area. :D She also has been posting frequently over on the Suggestions & Comments board, trying to keep everyone updated on the iV insanity. A lone light in the dark Village (there is an "i" in...never mind...).

Get 'em, Sandy! LOL

Brenda

o

Gardenweb has definitely weirded out. Although few of you know me and think that I have somehow mysteriously popped out of the aether from nowhere to open up my big mouth on occasion, I have actually been on the pond forum on and off since about 1998-1999. ALmost none of the people I interacted with then are still on this forum. Keith Rhodes from Hawaii, Marilyn Collins from Texas, Craig Presnell from So FL (I think he's still around but not on Conversations), lots of other folks who are no longer around. Some may still be here under different usernames, but who can tell with all the weird admin stuff going on? My username "way back then" was "Heliconia" because I am fascinated with that plant and have collected many types to grow. I had many many ponds including a 450 gallon indoor tropical lily pond, and I grew over 60 different cultivars of Tropical water lilies and 8 different lotus in my little ponds. But I don't keep koi, and I don't have huge setups with skippy filters and big biofilters and the like...all my ponds have always been "natural" and relied on ecobalance, no matter the size, to succeed. I was told on one occasion by a pond forum member who doesn't seem to be here any longer that if I didn't have all the equipment like pumps, filters, bottom drains, skimmers etc, then I wasn't a "real ponder" and had no place on the pond forum. That was fine as gradually my interest in terrestrial gardening outstripped my interest in watergardening.
In 2001 I changed my username to a shorter and more user-friendly "Bihai". I have been Bihai all this time, and suddenly this week, I log in as Bihai, but I appear as Heliconia! People on other forums who have only ever known me as Bihai think Heliconia is a totally new and different person! Imagine my confusion at my new split personality! And also, I see that I no longer have that huge and extensive trade page it took me so long to set up. And neither does anyone else!
Will this madness ever end?

o
RE: Got Link ??????

HiYa Sandy.

LOL!!! I don't have an "agenda" when it comes to cyber drama. I don't have any need to have multiple usernames or an alias either to throw the stalkers off track either. It IS good to know who is who though. ~~Well, you know...~~ :-) Glad you came through OK now we just need to get your leg out of the ice water!

Hi Brenda. Hmmmmmm. I have NO ads today, just like before as a contributing member. I think they are making site changes section by section and soon all will be right with the GW world again. :-) I think the trolls have been taken care of by one form or another. (Well, most of them.)

Hey Bihai / Heliclone (ducking....) :-)

I'm not a real ponder either then. No skippy, no filter of any kind than nature, no bottom drains although that would have been great with the Toxic attack! The Camp Nappy koi population = 2 . There is an Ogon and some other kind. There are also 2 goldfish. Those guys will get their own pond this spring/summer is all goes as we plan.

Natural ponds and wildlife ponds are just as pondy as the high tech stuff that other people have. You have lovely water lilies and other pond / bog planty things too!

Sorry but you are one of US. LOL!

Did you save your list somewhere in your 'puter? Perhaps you can find it in the Temporary Internet Files? Maybe lookie in the hard drive of your old computer if you still have it.

Chick in 3D ... confusing isn't it?

**** Perhaps GW can post a Cyber Drama Program so we will be able to keep up with the username changes? ***

....Here's an interesting link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Dead People Server

o

Semper_Fi, first of all , thank you for the Elf game, I love it. Just a little comment, as my post are never that long winded, as I'm not the great conversationalist,but it seems to me that the new GW may be compared to shaking a jar full of big and little things, that once the jar is shaken awhile, the big things come to the top. Maybe after a while, this site will get all the "big" things to the top, and it will be fine. I like to think so anyway. :) Arum

o

"Will this madness ever end?"

I think so but perhaps just a little slower than we all would like. However, as I was saying elsewhere, if for some odd reason this place underachieves and does not become the great forum it once was and it could be again, I may just have to start my own little Pond Forum... the address will be:

www.LetsTalkPonders.com

or is it:

www.LetStalkPonders.com

Things that make you go hmmmm! :-)

BTW "Biconia", I tried using the Way Back Machine to see if I could find an archived version of your trade list for you but it appears that they have already restored it.... or did you have to manually redo the list again?

Arum (aka Mighty Elf Slayer), short and to the point. Very well said. I would like to think so too.

And last but definitely not least, a BIG thanks to you Evil Juju Eye Lady. It worked! After being down 7-17 to the dang Bungles, the Cardiac Kids come back to win it 31-17! Now would you PLEASE start working your magic on the high-powered Indianapolis Colts for next weekend?!?!

o

Lou Rawls died?! *sob*

The Steelers won yesterday, against all odds (and against all refs smoking whoknowswhat). No offense, but this was a game in which I cared not, and even I was yelling at the TV! :D

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Latest Hollywood Trend

o

I lost my best friend and fellow ponder saturday. We had so much fun planing and caring for our plants and fish. I got her started with I upgrading my pond and gave her my old 90 gallon. I was outside looking at it with her youngest son yesterday. Sad that it won't be loved anymore. Sad that she can't care for it anymore. Sad that she won't be here to enjoy it anymore. I plan on asking for her one goldfish that has survived the winter. I'm lost without her. Thanks for listening. Her name was Suzi and she was 56. We don't know yet why she died. Please pray for her family.

o

I am so sorry! My sincerest prayers for her and her family, as well as for you!

:-(

o

Biconia? Semper, you make me sound like a gay unicorn.
I hadn't checked, did they really restore the trade lists? I wasn't about to do it manually. I'll look, the way things aregoing it could be my trade list from 3-4 years ago.

hnladue, please accept my condolences on the untimely loss of your friend. I know its hard when things like this happen.

o
RE: Got trade list?

Well its just like I suspected....my list was deleted. A couple hundred plants...poof! Gone just like that! Apparently I have no seeds or plants I want and no seeds and plants to trade. Sigh.....
Your stalking forum is sounding better and better

o

Heather, I am truly sorry about your loss. But lament not and find comfort in knowing that Suzi may be in a much better place sitting aside the most perfect pond. A pond that would make any of ours look puny and bland in comparison and would leave us with envy. This pond will have the nicest imported koi and the coolest plants. The PH, GH, and KH parameters are always ideal. The pump uses perpetual motion to recirculate the water. The bottom drains and the filtration system work flawlessly. There are no leaks to worry about and no predators either.

I hope in my own atypical way, I have lessend your pain even if just for a moment. Take care and be well.

-Mark

o

hnladue, very sorry... :(

in keeping with what has now become a continual habit and getting rather old:

www.erichufschmid.net/Sheeple_Psychology_6.html

Here is a link that might be useful: another reading link

o

Heather, at my age I am getting to the point where I am checking the obituaries. A few weeks ago I drove a friend to her Chemo therapy and home as I have for the last several months. The next week I was speaking to a mutual friend and she said "We didn't see you at Pat's funeral". No one thought to tell me and I was getting ready to pick her up that afternoon. That said, it is sad that your friend went so soon. So many things seem so unfair. I hope your memories make it easier. Sandy

o

Thanks everyone-it means a lot to me!

o
RE: Got Link ???!!

Anyone feeding their pet Diamond Brand Pet Foods? There is a recall after some have died.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pet Food Contamination

o

Thanks for posting that link Chickaismyfriend. I heard about it on NPR early this morning and tried to remind myself to remember to post it but had completely forgotten about it. Fortunately, we use Nutro here.

FTM, with the utmost due respect, those are some rather interestink links. From the 1st link: "Americans encourage hatred and revenge". Talk 'bout things that really make you go hmmmm.... Anybody who writes trash like that has either never seen the rest of the world to know how laid back and easy going we really are, or simply looking for a knee jerk reaction, or one green maraschino cherry short of a fruitcake. :-)

Any of you running Windows XP or 2000 operating systems, will be interested in a security patch finally released by Microsoft today to address a "critical" flaw in their software which may allow hackers to take control of your 'puter by simply visiting what may seem like a completely harmless website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microsoft Update

o

Tue, Jan 10, 06 at 21:42

"Any of you running Windows XP or 2000 operating systems, will be interested in a security patch finally released by Microsoft today to address a "critical" flaw in their software which may allow hackers to take control of your 'puter by simply visiting what may seem like a completely harmless website."

Moocho Grassyass Semper,I figured "Bill" always notified me first, when he tweaked the system. Seems I was mistaken, but thanks for passing the information on.

"H"

o

semper, sorry to have not made myself more clear. it wasn't the list of links or the thread in general that i am referring to....and thanks for mentioning it. what i am referring to is the continual off-hand comments about stalking of which we all know the originating conversation. that is what is wearing me out and i decided to speak my mind. i don't find that the comments are all in fun or laid back, but as an attack in the guise of humor. i thought this was being filtered from the pond, so to speak. if it continues to be brought up in an off-hand sort of way, then it hasn't been let go, eh? these comments are not humorous to me knowing the origin. perhaps i am just over-sensitive, though i didn't take sides one way or the other and thought it would diffuse itself. instead, it lives on but amounts to nothing more than a cowardly slap in the back of the head. i feel we need to get over it and get it over with. the words have been made, no more is necessary. this type of behavior is what i would expect from the "in crowd" junior high children snipping and tripping all who are inferior.

if my words are too strong or unwarranted, i apologize. now, please excuse me while i pluck my proboscal derma from this feeding frenzied pond. i need a break. since school is back in session, i will be taking one anyway. i will probably be checking as time allows. the pond conversations had always been a refuge to me, and i hope it will be again.

as for the links, i couldn't find quite what i was looking for, so had to "make do."

Here is a link that might be useful: where i would rather be!

o
RE: Got Link ??? !!

I know I have sent the following to some folks in GW but am not sure if I have posted it here. Sorry if it is a repeat.

I can't see a thing on this but apparently men find it easier, something to do with testosterone or something, and a pretty lady.

The story is:

The owners of this house (civil war era), not too far away in Pennsylvania, had been seeing images and hearing voices for quite a while. They did some research and found that a lady once lived in the house who lost her husband during the civil war.

She used to sit at the table and look across the fields in anticipation of him returning home. He never came. So, she is still waiting. To cut a long story short, the owners took this photo, they claim it is evidence of her still in the house.

I don't believe a word of it, but men can look at it for a few moments and then they find it. It really stands out. It seems to be like one of those optical things that you can stare at until the picture becomes clear. Concentrate around the table.

Look around the table and towards the window. Turn the speakers up, I have actually heard the odd sound, but never seen anything.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

C3D :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ghost (?) Picture

o

I just MESSED my pants!!!!!!!!!

o

"i don't find that the comments are all in fun or laid back, but as an attack in the guise of humor.."

HOLY KAMOLE!!! OK.... it's official! I believe we are ALL suffering from an acute form of Cabin Fever called PWS (Pond Withdrawal Syndrome).

FTM, I'm sorry that you were offended by those comments even though they were only made in jest. I think you missed an all-important fact that those comments or "slaps on the back of the head" were actually being directed towards ME and the back of MY head and nobody else. They sure as heck didn't offend me because I took them at face value: Just silly and comical comments written on an internet forum. As another example, you may recall that from time to time, I make fun of myself for having only 1 brain cell. Occasionally, somebody (like our beloved Webfeeet) will pick up on this and run with it. It even became a marathon on a few occasions. Does it bother me or do I get offended? HECK NO! This is suppose to be a fun forum. But the reality of the matter is that silly and meaningless things like these really shouldn't bother anyone. You don't have to go very far (heck, you don't even have to leave this thread) to see that comparing to the trials, tribulations, and tragedies that REAL LIFE can dish out, stressing over insignificant stuff like this is so utterly absurd.

So best wishes in school and please consider remaining a regular in the forum as much as you possibly can. Well, as they say in the 'hood: "WORD TO YOUR TOADMOTHA!" :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Got PWS? Take the Insanity Test!

o

Dang, I must be sane after all... not even a chuckle!

Will wonders never cease???
:)

P.S. Read the new iVillage GardenWeb TOS CAREFULLY... Anything and everything any of us post we now assign full, non-exclusive, royalty-free publication rights, in perpetuity to iVillage and any of its partners, affiliates or subsidiaries, to be used (at ITS discretion), in whole or in part WITH, OR WITHOUT credit given to the original poster.

This means anything we post may be used by them for advertising purposes, or excerpted for a book, or as part of the content of this or another website or magazine -- including any of our pictures, WITHOUT them having to ask us OR give us either credit for the writing of the information (or photography) or any payment, in perpetuity, for as long as copyright law will allow.

The non-exclusive part means that WE will still, also, hold copyright to whatever we post (including pictures), but should some of us wish to SELL something we wrote (or pictures we took) at a later date, many (in fact MOST) magazines and book publishers insist on being the FIRST "official" publisher of such information... I don't think they'd count casual posting on an internet forum as "publication," but if the owners of that forum then OWN all rights to that material, that's an entirely different story, so be careful. I can certainly tell you this will impact what photos I choose to share in the future.

Err on the side of caution,
Jeff

o

C3D, I didn't even have to click on that link, since Arum basically confirmed it's the one, many moons ago, that made me...well, what Arum said...LOL

We'll miss you while you're studying, FTM!! I'll surf for bat pictures and think of you. :D Hey, speaking of bats, I haven't seen Fishy in a while....:(

Brenda

o

Hey, you're pretty cool for a Sweaterboy, Semper.

o

I am TOTALLY insane! Thanks, I needed that. :)

o

Hi Brenda.

My DH got me with that link. He told me some long spooky story and told me to try to see if I could find the ghost in the picture. So there I am really trying to see this image as he casually turns up the volume for the speakers.

I screamed. The cats scattered and hid as a result. The DH had the laugh of a lifetime! Nice to have such a supportive spouse, ehh? Saves me from having to take a stress test for the next 3 decades at least! LOL!

Sorry Arum for the additional laundry. :-)

C with 3 Ds, hold the celery

o
RE: Got Link ???.....????????

These people are too funny!

Here is a link that might be useful: Very Funny Thread!

o

Thu, Jan 12, 06 at 19:01

Chicka3dee. that is a very $*&!%#$ funny thread. I laughed my *%@ off ,reading some of their comments.
"Horton"
No "Mr" necessary Granmapoo;-)

o

ARUM, for a person who is not suppose to be a "great conversationalist", you have a great knack for conveying soooo much with so few words! LOL!

Z-Chick, I got YOUR sweater right here!

Poo3, (or should I start calling you Captain Obvious) now tell us something we don't know! :-)))

You can also use the Dialectizer for your $#^!# needs too. My previous reply using the Redneck dialect:

"HOLY KAMOLE! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide! OK.... it's official! Fry mah hide! ah believe we is ALL sufferin' fum an ahansum fo'm of Cabin Fevah called PWS (Pond Wifdrawal Syndrome). FTM, ah's so'ry thet yo' were offended by them comments even though they were only made in jest. ah reckon yo' missed an all-impo'tant fack thet them comments o' "slaps on th' back of th' haid" were acshully bein' direcked towards ME an' th' back of MY haid an' nobody else. They sho'nuff as heck didn't offend me on account o' ah took them at face value: Jest silly an' comical comments writ on an internet fo'um, dawgone it...."

o

I think I might try growing roses again. Steppin tomatoes and crack'a sowin' made me pause. Sandy

o

And after one more sleepless night, along with the usual hallucinations, I had the additional vision of what might occur should I deign to visit in Minneapolis or Greenbay after using some of the 'regional enhancements' if my "ID" was somehow disclosed. I might escape from the Oneida tribe but I doubt my safety if exposed to those whose ancestry includes the Vikings whether they support the Packers or that (cough, cough) Minnesota tribe. I understand they both favored hatchets. Those roses are sounding good right now. Sandy

o

Semper_fi, thanks. :)

o
RE: Got Link ???....??

Oh oh......Heimlich the caterpillar is missing!

Hmmmmm. We suspect he may have gone to contribute "takes" to another site or magazine or some such garbage, uhh idea of most interesting value. He'll probably start writing about what plants taste best. LOL!

Maybe a link when he gets going. :-)

C3D - ghost in the machine

o

Chickayankeedoodledee, don't kid yourself. Even Heimlich has a life and wouldn't waste his time.

By the way, I *THINK* a link might already be available. :-)

o
RE: Got Link ???... :-)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youze a bad bad Semper. :-) I think you may be right about not only chubby Heimlich but the link sounds about right too.

BTW, do you remember the story of the Emperor With No Clothes?

even badder C3D LOL!!!

o

Sat, Jan 14, 06 at 18:29

Okay! What is that all about ?
"H"

o

The Beav Wrote: "The Steelers won yesterday, against all odds (and against all refs smoking whoknowswhat). "

Man oh man! If that entire statement rang true last Sunday, it was even more accurate THIS Sunday against the mighty Colts and that officiating crew. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!

-Captain umpet clasping his chest

o
RE: Got Link ???.....!!!

Captain umpet pleaded earlier.....

".....Now would you PLEASE start working your magic on the high-powered Indianapolis Colts for next weekend?!?!...."

YooooHoooooo! The olts came through as expected!

3 D

o
RE: Got Link ??? to Heimlich??

Thanks FTM!

Here's a link to the ID of our free caterpillar, Heimlich.

:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Heimlich photograph

o

Sun, Jan 15, 06 at 18:30

I think that is an Australian caterpillar, 'cause Heimlich's manoeuvring upside down along that twig!

What do you do if you have a caterpillar named Heimlich lodged in your throat? The Chicken Bone Manoeuvre?
"H" TM

o

Chicken Bone Maneuver. Hyuck. That is one ugly sweater. Not to mention (ahem) obsolete. You happen to see that game, Sandy?

o
Corrections

Oh, um.. (ahem) Upon further review, the editor of previous post notes that things (cough)... changed since she last popped in to check the score.

The editor regrets any inconvenience resulting from her premature comments. The sweater appears to not be quite "obsolete" as of this printing.

But probably soon.

o

Only the tail end Zinniachick, only the tales end. There's always next year. Sandy PS What does it say about me when I find a caterpillar pretty???

o

Pretty is as pretty does, I always say.

Boy, I ain't looking forward to the dope-slap I've got coming from Semper. Stand by. There's nothing uglier than a happy Steelers fan.

o

"There's nothing uglier than a happy Steelers fan."

Correction to Ze Editor.... the above SHOULD have read:

"There's nothing happier than an ugly Steelers fan."

As for your next year's hisas present from me becoming obsolete any time soon.... Don't worry because my trusted Evil Juju Eye Lady is on the case. How else can anyone explain a #6 seed upsetting a #1 seed at home when they were 9.5 points underdogs??? If you need to accessorize, I probably have an extra Terrible Towel to go wit' it too.

Hoeister, what do you do if you have a caterpillar named Heimlich lodged in your throat, you ask? You hurl heimy hastily.

o

Mon, Jan 16, 06 at 8:39

Gotcha Sempe, You would hurl a heimy hastily as you would happen to heave a hot highland haggis high.
That's the ticket!
"Horton" TM

o

(Hoying @ the mention of haggis the horrible...)

WTG, Steelers! Ok, again, I didn't care, but....I'm beginning to think that's the ticket to the win. :D

I see what all the fuss has been about with regards to online dating. I think I'm in love with Heimlich.

Brenda

o
RE: Got Caterpillar ???

Brenda confesses the following:

"...I see what all the fuss has been about with regards to online dating. I think I'm in love with Heimlich."

I think that Heimlich only has eyes for FOOD. Good thing I have 4 banana plants for him to munch on. He also gets a half a grape every other day. He is a handsome chap though. A growing boy! :-)

The XXs swoon over Heimlich. The XYs are coughing him up.

Hmmmmmm!

o

Hack! Hack! Hyork! Splat! Dribble... dribble...

Ahhhh, me feels much better! :)

o

"How else can anyone explain a #6 seed upsetting a #1 seed at home when they were 9.5 points underdogs???"

Explaining why the colts lost is as simple as why the Bears lost. What did both coaches do that help lead to their teams loosing? What both coaches did is they didn't play the last game or two of the regular season to win but played not to get any of their key players hurt. At that level the game is more mental than physical and by sending the players the message that it was more important not to get hurt than to win they took the edge off their players and lost.
Mike

o

Mike, I gotta agree with you. That's actually a predicament that the Steelers are VERY familiar with. They usually get the #1 or #2 seed, so they don't play the first weekend of the playoffs. Then when they DO play, they are very much rusty. This year, I've thoroughly enjoyed their role as the underdog instead of the heavy favorites. However, having watched that Bears game yesterday, I'm still baffled how they could have left Steve Smith so open so often??? If my experience as an armchair coach is any indication, I would have put as many men as necessary to eliminate that threat, and let somebody else try to beat me. Of course, it's always easier said than done.

Brandy, whatever it is you're doing with your lack of interest, PLEASSSSSSE don't change a thing. I need all the help I can get! :-)

BTW, I am not ashamed at all to admit that I too like caterpillars.

o

I wonder when the NFL is finally going to realize that the week off prior to playoffs is actually a detriment to (most?) teams. Although, I can't imagine them giving a "time out" week to the teams that just couldn't "clinch".

"Alright, you guys sit over there and think about what you've done! Just wait until your owner gets home, young men!" :D

Brenda

o

Mr Fi? Is that CleoH ?

o

"I wonder when the NFL is finally going to realize that the week off prior to playoffs is actually a detriment to (most?) teams."

OK, I promise to say just one more thing RE football and then shut up until Sunday so that the rest of the forum won't go into a DEEP sleep.

I really think it just depends on the team, its chemistry, and its coaching. Some (most) teams can use the extra time off to recoup from a grueling season but can still manage to stay sharp. Others (like the Steelers) get rusty and tense that they just underachieve. I would tend to think that since this is the first time a #6 seed has reached the Conference Championship game, that most often than not, the extra week off has to be an advantage.

Anybody still awake???? (Enter forum collective YAWWWWN here)

Here is a link that might be useful: A Very Big Beer Ad

o

Huh? Did someone say somethin'?

Here is a link that might be useful: YaaaaaHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

o
RE: Got Link ???))))))?

Huh? Did someone say somethin'?

Here is a link that might be useful: YaaaaaHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

o

Heheh. I wasn't going to say anything, out of respect for certain passionate fans, but I've been a fan of ol' Jake "The Snake" since his first days with the Cardinals.

I'll stay awake until Sunday afternoon, I think. :D

Brenda

o

hello, popping back in and a bit more mellow after my unfortunate outburst.
you are welcome,chicka! and thanks for keeping your sonar ready for bats :)

on the above post...the only jake the snake i know is this guy:

Here is a link that might be useful: jake

o

"I've been a fan of ol' Jake "The Snake" since his first days with the Cardinals. "

Ay caramba! I know what you 2 jokers are trying to do but as bad as this is going to hurt, a promise is a promise... so for now all I will tell you is:

NAME: Fi, Semper
CEREAL: Kellogs corn flakes

LOL FTM! I didn't realize there was another dude with the same moniker. BTW, any time you are ready to talk about bats, I'm game. :-)

o

Outburst...what outburst??? Did I miss something or say something out of line again??? Sandy

o

LOL @ Sandy (I don't think you did!), LOL @ FTM (Eewww!), LOL @ Fig eye ('em r skinny!), LOL @ me...

I think I just hurt myself.

Brenda

o

"LOL @ Sandy, LOL @ FTM, LOL @ Fig eye, LOL @ me... "

Translation of the above! :-)

Also, if there was any doubt that online dating might be a BAAAAD idea, here are a couple of reasons (scroll down and click on the second image to play the video).

o

oops, forgot semper...thanks for your tactful reply! btw, bats are the right color but the wrong form....then again, i hvae seen a few of those fly in my day.

brenda- that shirt is for me! feel reassured that i got over the pro wrestling back in the late 80's/early 1990.

dang it. i did it again. i post then see a post i missed with link! you know it will erase everything if i click, and i am not pasting! gotta go......

o
RE: Got Link ??? You Betcha!

This is too cool!

Click on the Flash option and enjoy!

C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: The Zoom Quilt

o

That is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen, C3D! That's a keeper. *still trippin*

Brenda

o

Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm Out, Man!!!

I feel like Tommy Chong, now!!!
:)

o

Yet another way to waste your precious time! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow Globe

o

Ms. CleOH and Brandy come through for me yet again! You 2 work on retainers or what?!?! :-)))

After further review, I think Jake "The Snake" the quarterback with his new scruffy look and Jake "The Snake" the wrestler that FTM posted have an eerie resemblence!

Here is a link that might be useful: Got Twins?!

o

OMG, when I saw Jake's hair (even longer than that pic Fi guy posted!), facial and otherwise, I about threw up my guts. As my DH said, "That boy needs a haircut." LOL "And a shave!", said I. Sheesh.

WTG, Steelers, though! Hey, how about those Seahawks! Hahahahah...ahem. ;D

Brenda

o
RE: Got Link ??? Uhh Huh!

In my seemingly endless need to know "everything" ... Which Muppet are YOU?

Me?..... Who cares, but here are the results:

rizzo jpeg
You are Rizzo the Rat.
You have few friends, but are loyal to those you do
have. Maybe if you didn't smell like sewage
you would have more.

SPECIES:
Rodentia Digesta Lotta Grub
HOMETOWN:
Brooklyn, USA

FAVORITE MOVIE:
"Rat On A Hot Tin Roof"

FAVORITE SONG:
"The Pest Is Yet To Come"

FAVORITE FOOD:
You got it, I'll eat it.

HOBBIES:
See "Favorite Food".

QUOTE:
"When do we eat?"

What Muppet are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Chick-a-need-to-know

o

chicka! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! i love hte muppets!!!!!! aaaaaaaa,,, i am so excited :)
hmmm, this may be a bit too appropriate, other than gender:

Image hosting by Photobucket

You are Dr. Bunson Honeydew.
You love to analyse things and further the cause of science, even if you do tend to blow things up more often than not.

HOBBIES:
Scientific inquiry, Looking through microscopes, Recombining DNA to create decorative art.
QUOTE:
"Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?"

FAVORITE MUSICAL ARTIST:
John Cougar Melonhead

LAST BOOK READ:
"Quantum Physics: 101 Easy Microwave Recipes"

NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT:
An atom smasher and plenty of extra atoms.

o

Rocky, I actually tried to find a more recent picure of Mr. Plummer with his Mountain Man look for comparison to his long lost twin but couldn't find a good one. I know one thing though, whoever told him (it sure wasn't his barber) that "the Lumberjake" look was a good look needs a good a$$ whoopin'! LOL!

Chickaismyfriend, that is THE funniest link so far! Where DO you find this stuff?!?!?

You are Fozzie Bear.
You are caring and love your friends as if they were family. For only they will put up with your stupid jokes.

FAVORITE EXPRESSION:
"Wocka! Wocka!"
FAVORITE AUTHOR:
Gags Beasley, comedy writer

HOBBIES:
Telling jokes, dodging tomatoes

QUOTE:
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

His joybuzzer, his whoopee cushion and Clyde, the rubber chicken.

o

OK, just to show how brave (secure? stupid?? crazy???) I am, I'm going to post MY result, which I find TOTALLY PERPLEXING, considering MY answer to the SIZE question was "friggin' huge."

You are Janice.
You dig the groove man, nothing can bum you out. Too bad you're too stoned to notice.

INSTRUMENT:
Like, you know, guitar, fer sure.
LAST BOOK READ:
"Finding Your Past Lives on the Web"

FAVORITE EXPRESSION:
"Fer sure, like, fer sure."

FAVORITE THINGS:
Peace, love and, like, granola, totally.

Her inner child.

3843 other people got this result!
This quiz has been taken 79061 times.
5% of people had this result.

Heck, it didn't insert the picture, but that's OK, because the answer was embarrassing enough, and I really don't feel like figuring out how to insert it right now, and if I have to get it on Photobucket to do that, then I'm violating Disney's copyright, and I've ranted ENOUGH about copyright lately to NOT do anything like that, I think, lol.

o

HEHE!

You are Kermit the Frog.
You are reliable, responsible and caring. And you have a habit of waving your arms about maniacally.

FAVORITE EXPRESSIONS:
"Hi ho!" "Yaaay!" and "Sheesh!"
FAVORITE MOVIE:
"How Green Was My Mother"

LAST BOOK READ:
"Surfin' the Webfoot: A Frog's Guide to the Internet"

HOBBIES:
Sitting in the swamp playing banjo.

QUOTE:
"Hmm, my banjo is wet."

o
RE: Got Muppet Link ???

This is the result for Sir Nappy :

You are Rowlf.

You are a loner, and love classical music, You can play the piano without opposable thumbs. Then again, you are just a Muppet.

ALSO KNOWN AS:
Ol' Brown Ears
HOBBIES:
Piano playing, punning, fetching.

QUOTE:
"My bark is worse than my bite, and my piano playing beats 'em both."

FAVORITE MOVIE:
"The Dogfather"

FAVORITE COMPOSER:
Poochini

FAVORITE SONG:
"I've Never Harmed An Onion, So Why Should They Make Me Cry?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually my DH plays the violin much better than the piano.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems the quiz results are fairly accurate for the few, the proud...... :-)

Bad Rizzo the Rat

o

Like, wow, man! I'm Janice, too! *exhaling*

Jan Brandy

o

"Seems the quiz results are fairly accurate for the few, the proud....."

It's actually eerily (is that a word??? Guess it IS now)accurate! Especially the part about dodging tomatoes and folks having to put up with my stooopid jokes. LOL! :-)

Well today is THE-DAY. January 24th! aka the end of free world as we know it. The evil empire has strike back. Say good bye to your security and say hello to cookie crums. As you know I was planning on publishing some of my photographs in a fascinating Underground e-zine, so I've decided to take a few small subtle precautionary measures to avoid the imminent piracy of my hard work.

o

Fascinating stuff there Semper. ( Like a dead cockroach. )

This might interest you though....

CleOH

Here is a link that might be useful: The Loss of a Friendship :-(

o

Ruh-roh! Romethings wrong, Raggy!

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Lost friends....but not how to find them.

o

Eee hee heeee! Steelerssuck.com. Heh! Now that's funny.

Woof!

o

Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 10:39

Watch the full moon and chew your rice well!
MSM Mogali. Howwwwwwlllllll

Here is a link that might be useful: Moon and Rice

o
RE: Got Link ??? Uhhhh Huh!

~~SIGH~~ Semper (x13),

That e-zine mission was supposed to be COVERT! **COVERT** That zine has as much life potential as the proverbial dead roach. However, it is difficult to stay undercover in an empty room. You advised Heimlich to not waste his time there and here you are taking up his part of the mission in addition to your own. What a guy! :-)

((I trust you found the "How to Rearrange Deck Chairs on a Floundering Ship" notes under the rose bush?))

You do know that this will cost the organization more anxiety as even more breeches in security are now made public. I could almost care but then, I am Rizzo the Rat, ehh?

How did you get that ultra-fine watermark over your Steelerssuck poster? ( ~ducking AND running~ ) It is barely noticeable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brenda, thanks for your concern! There is NO loss or damage to our friendship. I am just teasing Semper about his choice of football team but all for a very good cause.

Chick a 3 D

Here is a link that might be useful: Vampire Names

o

CIRCLE THE WAGONS, ROCK! We're surrounded by a savage dawgs!

Boy & girls, moms & dads, if that link ain't solid proof of the filth that runs rampant on the internet, I don't know what is. Do everyone a favor... PLEASE block any and all access to such lewd sites. Your kids, pets, caterpillars, etc. will thank you for it when they grow up to become Steelers fans.

And them are mighty BIG words coming from the pack whose best trick is to lay down and play dead and their best rush all day was by a runaway fan.

And no worries... our alliance is still very solid much like Boris & Natasha, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead....You get the picture! Regardless, I still have no choice but to deal with this complete and utter moment of INSANITY accordingly by sending her to timeout. Chickadee, you've been a BAD girl, go to Sir Nappy's room at once! :-)

o
RE: Got Link ???!!!!!!!!!! **

I suppose you'll turn me over to my Probation Officer?

~~~~~~~ Thanks! :-) ~~~~~~~~

Gotta go!

badder by the second, C3D

Here is a link that might be useful: Here Kitty Kitty

o
RE: Got Link ??? Nope.

Oh Oh......

Heimlich died today. :-(

Don't know why but his plump little body was laying on a leaf of one of the banana plants. He was one with the banana plant in life and will continue to be so in the after life.

He was buried with full caterpillar honours in the pot that holds his favorite food, the banana plant.

Chick-a-funeral-Director

~~~~no link with this one~~~~~~

o

Sorry to hear that! I'll be having a Heiny in honor of Heimy.

o

Sat, Jan 28, 06 at 8:12

Chicka 3D,Sorry to hear about the little guy bitting the banana
I'll have a flight of the Royal Canadian Goosi do a lost man formation over Oheeho this morning [CAUTION, Don't look up,]
They will do a low Flutterby for the Butterfly.
MSM M.

P.S I'm aware that your heiny [well not YOUR heiny] [but you know what I mean] was not yet a butterfly, but he will get his wings in Caterpillar Heaven I'm sure.[well I'm not really sure, but you know what I mean!]

o

He was a 'pillar of strength. Rest his little soul.

o
RE: Got Link ?**??

Thanks all for your sympathy (and good humour) :-)

Mr. H: The Goosi formation was truly majestic! Thanks for the tip about not looking up.

I had no idea Heimlich already had such a following.

C with 3 Ds and 4 hermit crabs

Here is a link that might be useful: Commemorative Heimlich Gear

o

Sat, Jan 28, 06 at 16:50

Chicka3D, I used to own hermits too, but I found, having crabs and people knowing about it, limited my social life for some reason?
Wondering MSM.

o

sorry to hear, chicka...and thanks for the smile (here kitty kitty link)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here